Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
For anyone who honestly believes Briles turned down the offer... stop. Loaded QB room cash to spend Elite recruiter in HC WR depth. O line might be the only position group Arkansas has on us. He was probably interviewed judging from the fact that Mario's interview process is intense and having word leak that a G5 coach was the target leaked he was the favorite to save face and get a raise.

Kendal Briles took the OC job under Willie Taggert at FSU.... Case closed we didn't whiff.

Do we know this purely because that is what our "insiders" have said?

This is an honest question - how far are you trying to take this ridiculous game?

What, you need one of the clueless and uninformed SoFla "sports journalists" to report it, the same guys who got used like clowns by the various factions of our Board of Trustees, the same guys who are proven wrong over and over and over again but keep cashing their paychecks?

But you would alternatively choose to believe that two separate candidates were offered the same job at the same time? Ridiculous.

I know the Briles Bros aren't going to be able to handle this, but Kendal wasn't even a top choice. And, yes, maybe Mario's interview style is different and perhaps even bizarre, but he didn't make a job offer to Kendal Briles.

Mario has Google.
1642809059932.png

Just my opinion, so no need to overanalyze this but:

1) After spending a career in DC, I have to first say how impressed I am with Mario having very few leaks during this whole process, other than the ones I'm sure he has authorized to leak information (thank you to our CIS insiders). That requires enormous loyalty and discipline on both sides of the negotiations.

2) To that first point, I subscribe to the theory Mario hasn't been turned down was published, rather he was allowing candidates to save face, earn paycheck raises at their current schools, agent strategies, etc., if in fact, he made his final decisions earlier, as has already been noted. This approach also has the benefit of building goodwill with rejected candidates who may become desired candidates down the road.

3) If he has already made his decisions, could the delay be intentional (unrelated to NFL). This takes me back to school (late '80s UM), when Nissan was rolling out the Infiniti brand. They would run the most annoying commercials that would have nothing to do with the car, but it would just be footage of a running brook in the forest somewhere, and then it would conclude with a date on the screen where you would find out what the **** was forthcoming. It created so much buzz every single person, while annoyed, was talking about the **** commercials . Is it possible Mario is intentionally trying to create this buzz. Intentional or not, it's making our group keep hitting the F5 key and I've got to think even the sports media has growing curiosity about the final selections.

If he hasn't made his decision, I think there is a broad assumption that just because someone has been hired by another team, they are immediately off the table. The key there would be the size of their buyout, and if you're a rising star, you negotiate a smaller buyout so you are more attractive to suitors. The other factor would be giving the person a sizeable enough raise to make it worth departing after just signing a contract. With the budget numbers we are talking about, most candidates should still be on the table if Mario REALLY wanted them. IIRC I think we actually hired Mario once he was let go by FIU, and within 1-2 weeks, Saban and Co. plucked him right out from under us.

4) If creating buzz is the key, I can think of no better time to release that information than Wednesday or Thursday of next week, when reporters from all over who are done covering all other schools since their decisions are made, are now all gathered at UM while Shemar and the rest of the final weekend stud recruits start coming onto campus seeing the media circus everywhere (in a good way).

5) If any or all of this is true, it would demonstrate a PR job so masterful, it would make the most media-savvy politicians in Washington envious. It doesn't help any of us, as we'd likely exceed not 2k, but 3k in message pages until then. Of course, I could totally be off base...but I felt an obligation to contribute to our reading material.
Tired Monday GIF
Tired Back To School GIF by Originals

Advertisement
Advertisement
Briles wasn't offered the job, though.

Jimmy Sexton is doing a good job of selling a myth to Arkansas hillbillies, but Briles wasn't offered the job.
Reminds me of Houston Nutt coming out and saying he had no interest in the University of Miami job opening. Dude never got a phone call. After watching Briles throw down the upside-down U when he was at FSU, I hope he goes canoeing on the Buffalo National River and has a Deliverance experience.

Advertisement
Reminds me of Houston Nutt coming out and saying he had no interest in the University of Miami job opening. Dude never got a phone call. After watching Briles throw down the upside-down U when he was at FSU, I hope he goes canoeing on the Buffalo National River and has a Deliverance experience.

Well, he does live in Arkansas right now, so pig calls are unusually arousing for him.

1642809593747.png

Advertisement
This is an honest question - how far are you trying to take this ridiculous game?

What, you need one of the clueless and uninformed SoFla "sports journalists" to report it, the same guys who got used like clowns by the various factions of our Board of Trustees, the same guys who are proven wrong over and over and over again but keep cashing their paychecks?

But you would alternatively choose to believe that two separate candidates were offered the same job at the same time? Ridiculous.

I know the Briles Bros aren't going to be able to handle this, but Kendal wasn't even a top choice. And, yes, maybe Mario's interview style is different and perhaps even bizarre, but he didn't make a job offer to Kendal Briles.

Mario has Google.
View attachment 173735
I am not trying to take it anywhere. I was genuinely curious since I have not spent alot of time in this thread and don't plan on reading 1000 pages. From what I read, our insiders say he wasn't offered and Arkansas insiders have said he was offered. You seemed very confident that our insiders were correct. So I figured you had heard another piece of info that I did not hear.

I am not trying to take it anywhere. I was genuinely curious since I have not spent alot of time in this thread and don't plan on reading 1000 pages. From what I read, our insiders say he wasn't offered and Arkansas insiders have said he was offered. You seemed very confident that our insiders were correct. So I figured you had heard another piece of info that I did not hear.
Arkansas insiders also have an extra Y chromosome so I'm not sure how reliable they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back