Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Briles literally told him to get a better source.
But he didn't say I got an offer. What do you expect him to say if, for example, Ruiz was right, it was his agent that fed the offer to McMurphy just to get his extension secured?

agree I was skeptical but then when the second report came out that we came after him more aggressively this time and "it was close" thats when I thought it was BS. Briles is not some world beater OC, he is a journeyman at Arkansas FFS, you think he told Mario no and Mario crawled back to him with a more competitive offer and he said no again?

Like I could see Briles maybe saying no to 1 mil but with a counter of 1.2 for example. I do not see Mario negotiating against himself after a flat denial just for him to say no again. Like I said lets wait until contract info comes out and see who we got and that will be a telling sign. Like do we really think we offered Nunez, he said no, then we poached Rad from clemson and made him one of the highest paid ADs?

Advertisement
Because either Mario didn’t want him or we already have our DC...

Pick whichever one makes the most sense lol

why-not-both-why-not.gif

Advertisement
But he didn't say I got an offer. What do you expect him to say if, for example, Ruiz was right, it was his agent that fed the offer to McMurphy just to get his extension secured?

agree I was skeptical but then when the second report came out that we came after him more aggressively this time and "it was close" thats when I thought it was BS. Briles is not some world beater OC, he is a journeyman at Arkansas FFS, you think he told Mario no and Mario crawled back to him with a more competitive offer and he said no again?

Like I could see Briles maybe saying no to 1 mil but with a counter of 1.2 for example. I do not see Mario negotiating against himself after a flat denial just for him to say no again. Like I said lets wait until contract info comes out and see who we got and that will be a telling sign. Like do we really think we offered Nunez, he said no, then we poached Rad from clemson and made him one of the highest paid ADs?
If what the Oregon board had been saying for the past 2 years of Mario forcing Moorehead to run a Mario type offense. I could see Briles turning him down.

He's a coach who went on twitter with emojis to show his 'loyalty' to the Arkansas fanbase. That's childish ****. Getting into a back and forth with the one media type with a following calling him out.

Hey Kendal:

loiter-squad-meme.gif
Sounds like Manny

Advertisement
From what I have read. Their insiders have been saying Briles was offered and ours are saying he wasn't offered. So it pretty much just comes down to which side you want to believe? Right?

No. Not true at all.

Mario did not offer. But Jimmy Sexton used the parameters of the discussion to squeeze a raise out of Arkansas. There is no way in **** that Sexton/Briles will ever admit to the non-offer, because that would require an acknowledgement of lying to get a raise.

It's not complicated. Briles was not offered by Mario.

Briles is like the high school kid who "commits" on National Signing Day to a university that never sent him an LOI.

Advertisement
Just my opinion, so no need to overanalyze this but:

1) After spending a career in DC, I have to first say how impressed I am with Mario having very few leaks during this whole process, other than the ones I'm sure he has authorized to leak information (thank you to our CIS insiders). That requires enormous loyalty and discipline on both sides of the negotiations.

2) To that first point, I subscribe to the theory Mario hasn't been turned down was published, rather he was allowing candidates to save face, earn paycheck raises at their current schools, agent strategies, etc., if in fact, he made his final decisions earlier, as has already been noted. This approach also has the benefit of building goodwill with rejected candidates who may become desired candidates down the road.

3) If he has already made his decisions, could the delay be intentional (unrelated to NFL). This takes me back to school (late '80s UM), when Nissan was rolling out the Infiniti brand. They would run the most annoying commercials that would have nothing to do with the car, but it would just be footage of a running brook in the forest somewhere, and then it would conclude with a date on the screen where you would find out what the **** was forthcoming. It created so much buzz every single person, while annoyed, was talking about the **** commercials . Is it possible Mario is intentionally trying to create this buzz. Intentional or not, it's making our group keep hitting the F5 key and I've got to think even the sports media has growing curiosity about the final selections.

If he hasn't made his decision, I think there is a broad assumption that just because someone has been hired by another team, they are immediately off the table. The key there would be the size of their buyout, and if you're a rising star, you negotiate a smaller buyout so you are more attractive to suitors. The other factor would be giving the person a sizeable enough raise to make it worth departing after just signing a contract. With the budget numbers we are talking about, most candidates should still be on the table if Mario REALLY wanted them. IIRC I think we actually hired Mario once he was let go by FIU, and within 1-2 weeks, Saban and Co. plucked him right out from under us.

4) If creating buzz is the key, I can think of no better time to release that information than Wednesday or Thursday of next week, when reporters from all over who are done covering all other schools since their decisions are made, are now all gathered at UM while Shemar and the rest of the final weekend stud recruits start coming onto campus seeing the media circus everywhere (in a good way).

5) If any or all of this is true, it would demonstrate a PR job so masterful, it would make the most media-savvy politicians in Washington envious. It doesn't help any of us, as we'd likely exceed not 2k, but 3k in message pages until then. Of course, I could totally be off base...but I felt an obligation to contribute to our reading material.

No. Not true at all.

Mario did not offer. But Jimmy Sexton used the parameters of the discussion to squeeze a raise out of Arkansas. There is no way in **** that Sexton/Briles will ever admit to the non-offer, because that would require an acknowledgement of lying to get a raise.

It's not complicated. Briles was not offered by Mario.

Briles is like the high school kid who "commits" on National Signing Day to a university that never sent him an LOI.

Do we know this purely because that is what our "insiders" have said?

I felt that. Real talk. We gonna reload. We good
A competent cornerback coach should be able to recruit at Miami especially with the trajectory we are on and the NIL money we are projecting we are moving forward. Dude wanted back into the SEC where it is easy to recruit and money flows over and under the table. ******* Auburn grad.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back