Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember reading someone's guess that this would reach 1000 pages before we had a coach... I laughed. Out loud. And yet, here we are.
Aging Matt Damon GIF

saving-private-ryan-earn-this.gif

Advertisement
Is it possible to completely trust that Mario will hire competent coaches, while simultaneously being on the verge of a full blown meltdown bc this ish is taking so long....asking for a friend
If you don’t see any responses - it’s because you have everyone on ignore.

Trust but verify. You’re good, Sid.

Advertisement
I just read 80 pages to catch up on the day. I don’t know what’s more pathetic: the fact that I read every page every day or the fact that I look forward to it. I’m not sure how I’ll cope when Mario actually hires people and this incredible collection of insanity ceases to exist

Technically they’re not allowed to coach players during practice, but they do it anyway.

What it actually says in the rules, is that they’re allowed to offer encouragement to players but cannot engage in distinct coaching activities... But again, it’s a very vague description that allows for a lot of leeway & wiggle room.
Butch Jones used to literally run the Bama practices when he was an analyst there.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Analysts are just coaches who aren’t on-field assistants, meaning they’re not the sole position coach.

Each coaching staff is allowed 10 on-field assistants, but are allowed an unlimited number of analysts, Quality Coaches, player personnel assistants & any other support staff.

Off-field doesn’t meaning literally off the field, it just means they’re not the main position coach, but they’re still allowed to observe in practice & assist the assistants, they’re just not allowed to engage in coaching activities with players, but it’s not an actually enforced rule because literally every team in the country has analyst who help coach players.

It’s a vague title they give to assistant coaches who aren’t full-time position coaches, but all they are is just extra coaches. The powerhouse schools like Bama, UGA, OH ST, Clemson etc all have dozens & dozens of analysts who serve specific purposes in support for the position coaches & often time act as De Facto second coordinators.

Like for instance, when Hugh Freeze was an analyst at Bama, he was basically their second OC, he just wasn’t technically allowed to be called that. Muschamp was an analyst at UGA for most of the season, but was basically their 2nd or 3rd DC on the team.

So to answer your question, you can hire 10 analysts to assist the position coach, like if we wanted to, we could hire another RB’s coach but list him as an off-field analyst, but his job would basically be as the RB’s coach (provided that’s his background). DVD is going to be an analyst for us this year & Terry Jefferson is already considered an analyst as well, all they both are is assistant CB’s/DB’s coach, their job will be to help recruit & help whoever the DB coaches are that get hired as the on-field official position coach of CB’s or Safeties coach.
Thanks for this breakdown. That helped.

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back