Some info on Jaden Rashada

Advertisement
They need to figure this **** out. Kids are coming in being given nil Contracts that match late first round draft picks without playing a single down. Absolutely insane haha

They need to figure this **** out. Kids are coming in being given nil Contracts that match late first round draft picks without playing a single down. Absolutely insane haha
florida will learn just like texas a&m did.

qb's are also have such a high transfer rate that it's idiotic to pay a high school kid that kind of money. If you're a contender and there's a top portal qb that's one thing, but a HS kid? nah

Advertisement
florida will learn just like texas a&m did.

qb's are also have such a high transfer rate that it's idiotic to pay a high school kid that kind of money. If you're a contender and there's a top portal qb that's one thing, but a HS kid? nah
Yeah I mean I get it because there have been rumors of them somehow limiting the nil stuff so these kids trying to get as much as they can now

Advertisement
Did he give Miami the chance to match that offer?

If that is the case it means that Gattis, Ponce and our putrid offense had nothing to do with his choice.
Well we didn't match the first offer....just got close enough to matter (@Cribby has alluded to this as well). But this new offer, we passed.

pretty sure they are done on a yearly basis
But how does that actually work?

The deal amounts to $3MM a year basically.

I presume he gets that amount year 1 which amounts to a signing bonus.

How does it work if he doesn't play?

Assume year 1, as a true freshman QB, he doesn't play. Does he get $3MM for his sophomore campaign?

And what if he doesn't pan out and doesn't ever start but otherwise stays enrolled, stays on the team, etc.?

IDK. I am struggling with what amounts to an illusory contract. It looks like a contract but really isn't because someone or some entity gets to decide whether he's worth it or not.

Advertisement
good for the kids, get whatever you can.

with that being said, I'm glad Miami didnt match. a high school kid getting more guaranteed money than Lamar Jackson in high rookie contract...

& he can be the next great thing, but unless they have the o line to protect him,a competent OC building an offense around him & talent at the skill positions, it will be a failed investment

The money getting thrown at some of these kids is insane. But this is another one to keep an eye on about how NIL is going to change a lot over these first 2-3 years. Any of these big money qb's bust and the game will start to change and the going rate will start to change

Bingo!

Not a matter of if, but when. These kids getting in now are lucking out with HUGE NIL deals. Some will bust and underperform. Not a shred of a doubt.

Advertisement
But how does that actually work?

The deal amounts to $3MM a year basically.

I presume he gets that amount year 1 which amounts to a signing bonus.

How does it work if he doesn't play?

Assume year 1, as a true freshman QB, he doesn't play. Does he get $3MM for his sophomore campaign?

And what if he doesn't pan out and doesn't ever start but otherwise stays enrolled, stays on the team, etc.?

IDK. I am struggling with what amounts to an illusory contract. It looks like a contract but really isn't because someone or some entity gets to decide whether he's worth it or not.
i think of these contracts like shoe contracts for pro athletes, it's all based on projection
for every Lebron & Nike contract there's a zion getting $12 million/year w/ no return on the investment (yet) for the shoe company

Lets not act like we didn't offer some big *** money as well. We got outbid. Rashada was always about NIL. Dude has zero reason to want to come to Miami or Florida outside of 1. Playtime and 2. NIL.

Yall crazy if you don't think we were spending more than 1-2M a year for him. I had heard 2M/yr.

Advertisement
Back