Some info from former player

Thanks for summarizing all of the posts from the last week in a nice, concise thread. Much appreciated OP. Keep up the good work.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Can't lie all we've heard and seen at times that guys are much more in shape and look physically imposing this year. I can't help but be encouraged. I'm still at a wait and see approach because I just remember Clemson and Pitt, especially Pitt, just physically pushing us around. It annoyed me to no end seeinog how anyone who carried the ball for Pitt dragged tacklers for 2 and 3 more yards then they should have gotten.
You should've seen the '86 Pitt game. It Heyward gashed us for over 200 yards. And we couldn't run on them. We still beat them.

Schnellenberger made the exact same comments a few years back. I don't remember the year, but it didn't turn out well. Ever since then I refuse to believe the hype. Hopefully this year changes my mind.
Yeah I remember, that was under Golden. Remember that Golden and Crew had wet dreams about how heavy players were. Goldy and doritochips loved to add 50-60 lbs on a player.

I got the chance to go to the first practice of the fall camp. I 100% agree that this team looks as big and physical in some areas as big SEC schools. Deejay looked like a freight train.

Advertisement
Just sounds weak that a former player would say something like "sec sized". Doesn't sound like a hurricane to me. Maybe a kc Rodgers , highsmith type Polly.

Just sounds weak that a former player would say something like "sec sized". Doesn't sound like a hurricane to me. Maybe a kc Rodgers , highsmith type Polly.

He said when he played we were lean and fast, but these guys are looking big and fast. How they talk about those SEC teams.

Stopped reading at “starting to look SEC sized.” So tired of that hype machine where it’s got the fans of one of the most storied programs in modern football history hoping to “look SEC.”

Advertisement
He said when he played we were lean and fast, but these guys are looking big and fast. How they talk about those SEC teams.
Miami has it's own standard regardless of the "SEC"MYTH CREATED BY INTERNET ******* .... that's from the real ones I've talked to. Some ***** chit for real only a guy like Tony preps can relate or whatever . you are who you are

Schnellenberger made the exact same comments a few years back. I don't remember the year, but it didn't turn out well. Ever since then I refuse to believe the hype. Hopefully this year changes my mind.

Schnelly was just referring to guys being bulked up, and he was right, but it didn't matter.. especially when guys like Chickillo got bulked up past the point of being effective.

Stopped reading at “starting to look SEC sized.” So tired of that hype machine where it’s got the fans of one of the most storied programs in modern football history hoping to “look SEC.”

Some of our fans start this SEC hype machine up. But then later on in the cycle wonder why kids are so high on SEC schools. It's a perpetual cycle of idiocy at its finest.

Advertisement
Miami has it's own standard regardless of the "SEC"MYTH CREATED BY INTERNET ******* .... that's from the real ones I've talked to. Some ***** chit for real only a guy like Tony preps can relate or whatever . you are who you are
giphy.gif

They were fattened up then not muscled up.there was a lot of pan licking bellies then.there's a big difference between buffed up and fattened.kickoff team members had roofs hanging over the tool shed back then.this year's team is jacked up I believe they are getting very close to making that step aka 2000 team.cmr and staff have done a great job.if we are not there this year we will be soon.

There’s not much news in the OP. Not a criticism, but we know our DEs and DBs look good. Year three post-Swasey players should be looking bigger than they have in ages. Williams, who knows but won’t be this year for him at QB. Perry was supposed to be a future star a year ago.

Yes, Jordan has big legs for a frosh.

Our Qs for this season are basically OL and depth at DT and CB. The other pieces look solid. Particularly the starters.

Quick story on Ironhead Heyward...

Two days after he got drafted by the Saints him and his buddies were at the Bowling center where I bowl playing pool and Bowling.By the time I got there to bowl him and his buddies,maybe 4-5 of them had a pool table full of hamburgers,fries and empty beer bottles.Guy at the desk said they’d been there all day eating and drinking.

I knew at that point he was destined to be a 300 lb waste....he played decent for a couple years but nowhere near the talent he was supposed to have been being picked that high.

Now back to our regularly scheduled ranting....

Advertisement
Back