Some info from former player

sstcane

Sophomore
Premium
Hasn’t seen a Miami team look like this. Players are more jacked than he can ever remember. The team is looking like what they would call SEC sized. He doesn’t think they’ll get pushed around by physical teams like they may have in the past.
The WR are looking good - all of them boys can play. Mentioned Richards, Thomas, Njoku and Hightower standing out to him.

TE - Brevin Jordan is really developed physically for a Freshman. His legs are huge.

The D-Line look like freaks - mentioned that Rousseau looks like if he adds 20 more lbs he could go to the draft at the end of his Freshman season.

Jackson and Garvin have added good size and are able to really move. Look like high draft picks.

The DB’s are looking good - Jackson looks like an NFL CB. JJ has added some size and looks like an all-American. Redwine is playing well - more confident than last year.

Jarren Williams is going to be a star if he gets his head on straight. One of the players said he’s gotten in some trouble for missing classes/falling asleep in a meeting. Not good to hear, but sounds like he’s getting better.

Advertisement
Remember when Gus was getting a hard time from the board 2 months into starting because our players didn’t look like Big Poppa Pump Scott Steiner?

First time I hear any concerns with Jarren Williams, adjusting to college is hard add playing top notch CFL makes it harder. Come-on QB need to lead by example.

Last edited:
Schnellenberger made the exact same comments a few years back. I don't remember the year, but it didn't turn out well. Ever since then I refuse to believe the hype. Hopefully this year changes my mind.

Advertisement
Remember when Gus was getting a hard time from the board 2 months into starting because our players didn’t look like Big Poppa Pump Scott Steiner?

SS.gif

Hasn’t seen a Miami team look like this. Players are more jacked than he can ever remember. The team is looking like what they would call SEC sized. He doesn’t think they’ll get pushed around by physical teams like they may have in the past.
The WR are looking good - all of them boys can play. Mentioned Richards, Thomas, Njoku and Hightower standing out to him.

TE - Brevin Jordan is really developed physically for a Freshman. His legs are huge.

The D-Line look like freaks - mentioned that Rousseau looks like if he adds 20 more lbs he could go to the draft at the end of his Freshman season.

Jackson and Garvin have added good size and are able to really move. Look like high draft picks.

The DB’s are looking good - Jackson looks like an NFL CB. JJ has added some size and looks like an all-American. Redwine is playing well - more confident than last year.

Jarren Williams is going to be a star if he gets his head on straight. One of the players said he’s gotten in some trouble for missing classes/falling asleep in a meeting. Not good to hear, but sounds like he’s getting better.

This reads like a cvette posting.

Advertisement
Schnellenberger made the exact same comments a few years back. I don't remember the year, but it didn't turn out well. Ever since then I refuse to believe the hype. Hopefully this year changes my mind.

Think it was Jimmy in 2012

Either way, I know what you’re talking about

Compared us to an NFL team sizewise lulz

LOL...yet we had dolts that thought He should've been a day 1 starter...some of em' still do, LOL, SMH.

Advertisement
First time I hear any concerns with Jarren Williams, adjusting to college is hard add playing top notch CFL makes it harder. Come-on QB need to lead by example.

Lol he’s not a leader and it’s not his team, u think a freshman qb that is going to redshirt and is 4th on the depth chart is going to act like a seasoned vet when it comes to the process? Every qb in the same situation would be the same way.

Edit: Aside from the missing classes part of that’s true.

Last edited:
Advertisement

lost all credibility here. a freshman declaring for the draft?

Interesting bits of intel from a former player(s). Hopefully they’re not looking at us through orange & green glasses and truly as a team on the rise come the start of the season.

Exactly. Show me. Beat a team we should beat, $EC or not.

UM

Advertisement
Back