Some Canes about to hit the portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man Campbell can leave too. The dude isn’t good and I don’t see where this hype for him is coming from
After he lost RT his RS freshman year he came back and looked really good at LG until he hurt his knee and I don’t think his knee was 100% last season but he’s a guy who can be in the rotation this year and have a starting spot next season. We need to start holding on to these type of guys who has experience and still grow into a solid player. Campbell is a perfect candidate for that.

Advertisement
Wasn’t Jordan Miller rumored last year? I hope not. We need his size up the middle. Especially vs Bama
You still have to know how to use that size to your advantage. I'm not sure if that light has turned on upstairs for Jordan yet. Where he is on the depth chart this fall will address this concern for sure.

Advertisement
King had a lot to do with the low sack numbers. And projected by who as a 1st round pick? I haven’t seen or heard that
He also caused sacks holding on to the ball too long. I’d say it evened out.

Pass blocking was ok especially Zion, he had a really good year. The tackles as a whole played a lot better than the interior , run blocking was the bigger issue. There was no consistency getting a push.

Advertisement
He also caused sacks holding on to the ball too long. I’d say it evened out.

Pass blocking was ok especially Zion, he had a really good year. The tackles as a whole played a lot better than the interior , run blocking was the bigger issue. There was no consistency getting a push.
And here come Rivers and Donaldson. It’s going to transform the OL.

Look at the issue as "micro vs. macro".

I realize that FOR ONE SCHOOL it could seem like a 1-for-1 rule could give them too many transfers. But in a macro sense, every scholarship kid who transfers just goes to another school, so across the whole "scholarship ecosystem" there is harmony.

Also, if Alabama wants to take transfers to replace "five kids who went to the NFL early", they have to use their regular 25 ICs. A 1-for-1 transfer rule should be in place simply to keep ANY school from being devastated by transfers, such that they can never get back to 85 under the 25 per year limitation.

And, yes, I agree with you that any 1-for-1 IC "exemptions" could only be used for transfers-in. Losing 7 transfers doesn't allow a school to sign 32 high school kids.

I hear you. And I understand that making it as close as possible to zero sum game in the closed universe of college football has some merit (mainly, that these kids will all have a landing spot if they want to leave).

My concern is some of the premier schools may end up pushing kids out near the bottom of the depth chart for additional transfers (and mainly kids who haven't graduated). A strong-minded kid could ultimately just decide not to leave in that situation, but once the writing is on the wall that's probably no a healthy environment to be in. That's why I suggested some sort of cap (5 was an arbitrary number, admittedly).

My bigger concern is whether the NCAA is having conversations like this right now or has just been sitting on its hands for the last 6 months. Hopefully this is resolved (with a reasoned approach) soon.

Zion Nelson is definitely a high pick and I don’t know what you’ve been watching. The guy allowed 1 sack last year land probably one of the most athletic OT for next year. He’s a prototypical LT in the nfl. He’s already projected as a 1st rounder next year.

Let the season play out. We always say so and so is a first rounder then when they don’t meet that expectation we say they’re a bust. We have no idea if Zion is going first round or not, let him keep improving before we label him a first rounder.

Advertisement
Just remember, the number of players going into the portal, the total from all schools, is going to be greater than the number of players that are accepted into other schools.

It is not going out on a limb to say there’s going to be way more portal declarations then there will be actual portal transfers, by a significant margin.

Which means in a couple of months or so, there’s going to be a bunch of guys in limbo.

Which begs the question: what's Manny's record vs Limbo?

Yeah, no reason for people to kick our players potentially on the way out. They still signed and came here. Just didn’t work out.
Jim Kelly Kick GIF by Warner Archive

Advertisement
Zion Nelson is definitely a high pick and I don’t know what you’ve been watching. The guy allowed 1 sack last year land probably one of the most athletic OT for next year. He’s a prototypical LT in the nfl. He’s already projected as a 1st rounder next year.
I remember when forston and ray ray were projected first rounders too…..

😂 this is ******* laughable..y’all think this 0 has 45 ppg personnel. King led the first UM offense to have a **** pulse since 02

People nitpick King without realizing what a transformational difference he has made for our offense, compared to the last decade plus. You can make the argument we are a 4-5 win team without him last year.

Especially, as the game has evolved and rules favor the offense, we haven’t kept up, and King/Lashlee have given us a glimpse of what that transformation needs to continue to be.

People nitpick King without realizing what a transformational difference he has made for our offense, compared to the last decade plus. You can make the argument we are a 4-5 win team without him last year.

Especially, as the game has evolved and rules favor the offense, we haven’t kept up, and King/Lashlee have given us a glimpse of what that transformation needs to continue to be.
It was all king. Lashlees design yes. But kings ability clearly was the difference. Behind a suspect oline and run game if your not a threat with your legs. Your best wr is 5’9 slot. Your best weapon a hybrid H-back TE. If it was a situation were he was behind A elite oline with weapons around him a he just plugged in played in a O that was establishe, ok. But new system and mediocre around him king was the difference and showed up every week. Including clemson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back