Some 7-on-7 observations

LuCane said:
To be expecting one of these 18 year olds to come in and rock it…this is not a good situation.
Can we have someone hook up some Santeria magic for Ryan Williams' knee to heal quicker? Someone here HAS to have connections, I know it.

If not, then my money is on Olsen to start, and then for either Kaaya or Rosier to take the job by mid-season. Olsen was a great prospect, but I don't know if he's "the guy". I think Kaaya/Rosier have more traits to take the job, own it, and rock it...but that's just my opinion from them as HS players.

Advertisement
Coley has taken it to another level. i think he realizes he can make a lot of money and he is hungry now. for a sophomore his leadership is really good.

He is not the only one taking things to another level. This team led by the handful of seniors, but by the larger Junior group is taking things to another level!!!

I've been saying for a while there is talent and leadership on this team. If we suck this year, it's on the staff.....

Honestly i think the shift changed once the seniors from last year graduated with a combination of AL Golden saying its time. They have the team to make a run and the focus is there. im sure their goals are to beat FSU and win the ACC championship. WE need both of those to be successful. before this off-season i couldnt find a leader on this team since Lamar miller and CO left.

There were leaders in that group?

spence. those teams might have underproduced and underwhelmed but spence was a leader and one of the best canes weve had in a long time.

Originally Posted by Canesfan1899
Originally Posted by LuCane
That long release from Rosier makes me nervous.
What do you think about the QB battle going down this summer?
I can't imagine any kind of substantive QB battle over the summer. If there is, there will be way too many assumptions and bias involved - even from our coaches. The QB battle, for better or for worse, has to take place with pads on during 11 on 11 situations. At that point, we'll see. Watched as much of Kaaya and Rosier as I could on the internet. I'm skeptical of either being ready. Are they a better bet for us than KO? I have no idea until I see them live.

To be expecting one of these 18 year olds to come in and rock it…this is not a good situation. Regardless, Coach Coley and I seem to value different things in a QB, so my opinion is almost completely irrelevant in terms of what I hope to see vs. what we will see.

What are the differences between you and Coley? Trying to get an idea of what Coley is looking for in a QB.

Advertisement
Back