Sobering Perspective

“Gimmicky” hung 38 on our defense.

The spins are just sad. How far this fanbase has fallen. Expectations are equivalent to a middling ACC team.

There’s a real argument the “mopes” care more about this program than the slurpers.
I actually agree. Who could prepare for an offense using 6'5+ 245lb OL to catch passes. TE are supposed to be blocking not leaking out wide open all over the field catching passes. That gimmicky **** wouldn't work anywhere else.

Advertisement
No we didn’t. The program has never been in such bad shape that it needs a 10 year rebuild.

We all can agree that Golden was one of the worst and his recruiting was largely a joke. Yet the only competent coach we have had since Butch put up 9 and 10 wins in years 1-2.
I didn’t say a 10 year rebuild ever in my life

I didn’t even suggest it

You can implode a team and make it a contender in two years

Mario’s process for everything takes ******* forever

I meant the administration has always been the issue and THAT needed to be rebuilt

I didn’t say a 10 year rebuild ever in my life

I didn’t even suggest it

You can implode a team and make it a contender in two years

Mario’s process for everything takes ******* forever

I meant the administration has always been the issue and THAT needed to be rebuilt
I misread your post, my b brotha

I misread your post, my b brotha
I ****ed up and led off with “defend Mario”

That’s all on me my guy 😂

I thought we needed a new direction in every room in the admin

That’s something you entrust to a guy like Saban, or Meyer, or that type of coach. We opted to hand the keys to someone without any coaching search and that was always a concern to me

In his first season at Louisville, Brohm has won 10 games, but more importantly he was won 7 ACC games. With one game left in season 2, Mario has won a grand total of 5 ACC games...2 of those in OT against Virginia. Even if we beat Boston College, far from a given, Mario would need to win his first ACC game in year 3 just to equal Brohm's first season. SMDH

Not a fair comparison. Brohm isn't trying to build a tuff and fisical team. Sure a 10 win season is great, but they are a finesse team.

Advertisement
Have you looked at Louisvilles ACC schedule this year?
Did you see us get boat raced by MTSU last year? How about Duke, Pitt, Clemson and FSU? We have 5 ACC wins in 2 years and 2 of those are OT woins versus the great UVA football team.

I just want to know what people thought they were getting with Mario? What were ppl expecting?
I expected jag coaching but elite recruiting
With the hope that he could out recruit his bad coaching
So far his recruiting is not close to where it needs to be to overcome the coaching or lack there of

Last edited:
Advertisement
This. And you got people still trying to use the 1990s recycled line “give them time”.

You either do what it takes to win our youre trash.

I think you missed the point. Elko made a splash in his first year and is pretty mediocre in year two. The guys like Brohm and Lincoln Riley who surge their programs in year one don't necessarily build for longevity.

I think you missed the point. Elko made a splash in his first year and is pretty mediocre in year two. The guys like Brohm and Lincoln Riley who surge their programs in year one don't necessarily build for longevity.
Elko was cruising till he lost his starting qb. Try again. Duke was a legit ACC champisonhip game contender.

Also, Brohm built Purdue to a big 10 championship appearance. Think he’s proven he’s kore than a flash in the pan.

Last edited:
Advertisement
They can’t. Every team has some gimmicks to them. We have been begging to put BS in wildcat. Guess what? That’s gimmicky.
We put WRs in line blocking - gimmicky.
TBH, much of Guidry’s defense is gimmicky.

We are so good at calling out other teams but can’t see we do the same ****, except it doesn’t work for us because we don’t scheme it up right most of the time. (Guidry’s defense notwithstanding).

Of all the excuses we have for not holding Mario more accountable, other teams being ”gimmicky” and ”ACC refs” are two of the weakest.

Then we don't even do anything special with it. It should be a 2nd down play to catch a team off guard, put a pass look in it so to keep the defense honest. We use the boy like He was Cadillac Williams or some ****. 🤦🏿.

Dude really called a legit prostyle offense gimmicky. ,a branch from the Petrino Pro-Style spread at that. Like bruh.
That offense is a big sell to recruits if success sustained. It's NFL ****. These dudes trippin.

Brohm is looking like he's gonna be the Acc equivalent of Mario Pac-12 Kryptonite, Kyle Whittingham.

Advertisement
Lesser talent? He has a 24-year old quarterback, two fifth year running backs, and a fifth year receiver leading the offense. Brohm has to literally start from scratch next year.

If someone wants to total up the teams and do a comparison - I'd like to see proof of that.

How old is our QB? How do our RB's match up? ONE 5th year receiver to our - what? Or did they use their star receiver better? Our tight ends aren't exactly midgets.

It's not just Brohm.

How many losses do we have - from much less talented teams?

If you have a stable of horses - and others have stables of nags - and they keep dusting your *** - is it the horses? Or the trainers? Or the owner? Maybe the owner wants to run like Clydesdales, and the others are using quarter-horses - as it's a quarter mile race?

Lesser talent? He has a 24-year old quarterback, two fifth year running backs, and a fifth year receiver leading the offense. Brohm has to literally start from scratch next year.
Since when did the amount of time you're in college mean your talented?

We got a 44 year old- Tight End -redshirt -infinite junior. What that mean for us? Your logic doesn't fit here.
He already started from scratch by taking players hes really got no relationship with, that other coaches couldnt get the best out of, and taking them to a conference ship in his 1st year.

There is nothing, absolutely nothing, yall can say to diminish that man's seasons it's actually unbecoming and weak for us to try to do all this lame ahh nitpicking. Dude put on a coaching clinic this season. Period.

That QB stinks. Foh.

If someone wants to total up the teams and do a comparison - I'd like to see proof of that.

How old is our QB? How do our RB's match up? ONE 5th year receiver to our - what?

It's not just Brohm.

How many losses do we have - from much less talented teams?

If you have a stable of horses - and others have stables of nags - and they keep dusting your *** - is it the horses? Or the trainers? Or the owners?

Stay focused. Brohm is the "Pat Hill Memorial Flavor of the Month" recipient. People are dazzled by the flashy one-year record, but history shows that guys who start off quickly with an experienced roster don't often carry that success very far forward.

Advertisement
Back