Sobering Perspective

Advertisement
I just want to know what people thought they were getting with Mario? What were ppl expecting?
Exactly what we got. Although, I didn’t think he would be this slow and hardheaded. With his track record he shouldn’t have the right to be stubborn or “his way”

In his first season at Louisville, Brohm has won 10 games, but more importantly he was won 7 ACC games. With one game left in season 2, Mario has won a grand total of 5 ACC games...2 of those in OT against Virginia. Even if we beat Boston College, far from a given, Mario would need to win his first ACC game in year 3 just to equal Brohm's first season. SMDH

Mario might not reach 0.500 in conference play for his career until 2025, maybe even 2026. How about that for sobering?

Mario might not reach 0.500 in conference play for his career until 2025, maybe even 2026. How about that for sobering?
i drink someone GIF

Not defense of Mario, but there is a difference. I think the last few miami caoches have put a fresh coat of paint on and added a few ceiling fans. Everyone like oooo and aah it's pretty.

Mario strip the house to the foundation. Found a crack in the foundation. They running water heater on double 20 amp breakers. They have aluminum wiring in the guest bedroom. Plumbing aint up to code.

Now is Mario the contractor to get house of the hurricanes up to code? We will see. But I do think he took a deeper approach to building back.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Not defense of Mario, but there is a difference. I think the last few miami caoches have put fresh coat and added a few ceiling fans. Everyone like oooo and aah it's pretty.

Mario strip the house to the foundation. Found a crack in the foundation. They running water heater on double 20 amp breakers. They have aluminum wiring in the guest bedroom. Plumbing aint up to code.

Now is Mario the contractor to get house of the hurricanes up to code? We will see. But I do think he took a deeper approach to building back.
You're not wrong but it still doesn't excuse the in game Coaching decisions.... Those have been terrible throughout.... that has to change... Taking a knee against GT has 0 to do with rebuilding the foundation.... That's just Coaching F--ktardiry any way you slice it...

No we didn’t. The program has never been in such bad shape that it needs a 10 year rebuild.

We all can agree that Golden was one of the worst and his recruiting was largely a joke. Yet the only competent coach we have had since Butch put up 9 and 10 wins in years 1-2.
Didn’t golden have tons of Guys in the pros?

Not defense of Mario, but there is a difference. I think the last few miami caoches have put fresh coat and added a few ceiling fans. Everyone like oooo and aah it's pretty.

All of this can be true and him still underperforming, being a ****** game day coach and micromanager.

Advertisement
You're not wrong but it still doesn't excuse the in game Coaching decisions.... Those have been terrible throughout.... that has to change... Taking a knee against GT has 0 to do with rebuilding the foundation.... That's just Coaching F--ktardiry any way you slice it...
You get no arguments here on the GameDay stuff. I know he has gotten a lot flack for that. Me personal did not have problem with it. We run that 10 more times and that sequence of events would not happen.

It's the Steph Curry effect. Technical he takes a lot of bad shots. But makes them at such high clip no one's has problem with it. But if misses one at a crucial moment that cost them game. Here the mob, " he shouldn't took that shot l, that was bad shot". Well yall didn't say anything when he made last 700 hundred of them. Those was bad shots too.

But I responded to your comment about Brohm. I really don't care how much you hate Mario. That's not what I responded to. Go back and look.

When you're able to follow a thread you can get back to me.

I don't hate Mario!

I want him to pull his head out of his *** and get this program rolling - and I don't mean an unending string of "up the middle" BS.

I thought by now I'd have heard a very loud pop as his head came free. Nothing but crickets.

And if I got a bit off center - I'd like to apologize to you. I'm just a bit grouchy when I have a bad case of the Reda**.

We get coaches that can't recruit. Another that can't evaluate diddly squat. Another that hires a dumb*** for DC, Another hires a dumba** for OC, Another coach who doesn't know what the **** he's doing, and yet Another coach that is known as the Quarterback Killer.

Why can't we get a HC that's smart enough to hire top Coordinators - and hold THEM responsible - as HE stays out of their business?

It's a simple concept.

No leader can hold a subordinate Responsible - unless said subordinate has Authority over his task.

How hard can this BE?

Advertisement
How else do you get good at something? Eventually the players will have so many reps running the same dive play that they will be able to execute in their sleep.

As Bruce Lee said, "I don't fear the man who practices a thousand kicks one time, I fear the man who practices one kick a thousand times."

Bruce Lee didn't 90% of the time rely on the simple "Lotus Fly" thrust.

Mario does.

All of this can be true and him still underperforming, being a ****** game day coach and micromanager.
Agreed on the GameDay thing. Maybe I am in the minority here. I am trying to see what egregious call he has made that cost us the game. GT? I think that was bad luck. You hit the mulligan button , and run that exact same play. You don't get that outcome. But I will give you that one. Other than that, what call had HE made that cost us a game?

Taking clemson and Virginia to OT were smart plays, especially how this team is constructed.

If you don't like him being conservative, that's fair. I wish we were a little more aggressive too. But being objective, Tyler's play made that choice for him. Broadus he was giving the ball away like he was Pepperidge Farms giving out apple turnovers.

Was he supposed do? Go over to Dawson be like, " Hey let's throw 50 times a game". Tyler had become Jameis Winston without the High Reward.

Last edited:
Not apples to apples. Re-watch our ACC games and watch the penalties. We cannot and will not ever win in the ACC. Too much stacked against us in this conference.

This is a very important point. We need to be 2 or more scores better than our opponents to offset the ACC bull****. They literally took away two safeties with overwhelming video evidence with zero ***** given.

Advertisement
Did you see us get boat raced by MTSU last year? How about Duke, Pitt, Clemson and FSU? We have 5 ACC wins in 2 years and 2 of those are OT woins versus the great UVA football team.
Exactly. We haven't been blown out this year. Most of our loses are one score games (to be fair a couple of our wins are too) but the reality is we're one degloved QB leg and a kneel away from most likely being 9-2 right now.

Agree. He will never win big here unless he becomes more flexible on his autocratic management style. Become the CEO and let your coordinators do their job. I have to think his hands were all over our last offensive possession in the first half. That is where we lost the game, that 3.5 minutes.

In his first season at Louisville, Brohm has won 10 games, but more importantly he was won 7 ACC games. With one game left in season 2, Mario has won a grand total of 5 ACC games...2 of those in OT against Virginia. Even if we beat Boston College, far from a given, Mario would need to win his first ACC game in year 3 just to equal Brohm's first season. SMDH
The dynamics is not the same with all teams. Mario doesn’t have to win 10 games for you to see progress. We need sustainable progress and this comes in little steps.

Advertisement
Back