So who will be our future QB, Jack Allison or Perry?

TrumpCane

Recruit
To the people on this board complaining about Kaays lack of mobility (and it is a problem), then are you writing off Captain Jack?

Seems like this board was loving him last year but he doesn't have any mobility himself.

Advertisement
Focus on the now, Perry hasn't even gone to Prom yet.

I just want a little discussion on the topic.

I know Allison is loved on these boards because it seems like hes a die hard Cane and grew up a big fan.

But he isn't that mobile.

Perry is a DT that I think Miami needs to switch too.

We don't necessarily need someone who is mobile, but someone who can extend the play. Whether that is by making small movements inside the pocket or escaping it doesn't matter all too much imo.

Advertisement
Don't want anybody that ever had a conversation with Al Golden.

We don't necessarily need someone who is mobile, but someone who can extend the play. Whether that is by making small movements inside the pocket or escaping it doesn't matter all too much imo.

So you tryna say uon want a black qb, you racist playboy

Advertisement
N'Kosi lookin' like the truth in my opinion. The college football landscape has shifted to giving more time to RS Freshmen and even true freshmen like BK.

I think we get Perry under center after Brad's senior year.

Serious question: Is Kayaa really that immobile? I don't remember thinking, before this year, that he looked particularly uncomfortable in the pocket. Am I remembering it wrong, was this always a problem? Because I feel like there's something wrong, like he's caught up in his head thinking about the play instead of feeling pressure and seeing the field. Obviously it doesn't matter what the reason is, he needs to get his head out of his ***, just wondering if it looks that way to others.

N'Kosi lookin' like the truth in my opinion. The college football landscape has shifted to giving more time to RS Freshmen and even true freshmen like BK.

I think we get Perry under center after Brad's senior year.

I wouldn't be shocked if Kaaya loses the job as a senior.

You don't have to be "fast" to move around the pocket.

Look at Marino, Brady, Rodgers, etc.

Kayaa has the happiest feet i've seen. The kid has zero pocket awareness.

Advertisement
People keep confusing mobility with pocket prescence. Both Allison and Perry are fine prospects who can have **** of a good careers here. All else equal, I'd prefer we move in the direction of DT QBs because that is what I think gives us the best chance of success in the CFB game today. FB ain't easy and in CFB you have a lot of breakdowns and days where things just don't go well. A DT QB is one more tool in the shed to get through those days.

Serious question: Is Kayaa really that immobile? I don't remember thinking, before this year, that he looked particularly uncomfortable in the pocket. Am I remembering it wrong, was this always a problem? Because I feel like there's something wrong, like he's caught up in his head thinking about the play instead of feeling pressure and seeing the field. Obviously it doesn't matter what the reason is, he needs to get his head out of his ***, just wondering if it looks that way to others.

Honestly I think it's been a problem since day 1, but it is just being more heavily scrutinized this year. As the regression of O Line continues it exposes that weakness of his more and more. Richt has got some work to do..Gotta get Kaaya the time he needs. Either keep more guys in or go to quicker read plays.

Advertisement
Perry isn't on the roster yet, so he's clearly the best. Once he joins the team, he'll be the next target of the fans' wrath.

So you tryna say uon want a black qb, you racist playboy

Actually, it wasn't associated with any color. You are racist for automatically associating descriptors of athleticism with skin color. Ban this racist ****wit immediately.

To the people on this board complaining about Kaays lack of mobility (and it is a problem), then are you writing off Captain Jack?

Seems like this board was loving him last year but he doesn't have any mobility himself.

Yeah, it's not the mobility at all. Give me a statue, but give me one that has instincts within the pocket and who doesn't mind getting four yards with his feet if the entire right side of the field opens up.

Yeah, it's not the mobility at all. Give me a statue, but give me one that has instincts within the pocket and who doesn't mind getting four yards with his feet if the entire right side of the field opens up.

Exactly. If he keeps one out of every 5 reads instead of handing it off or runs for 3 or 4 yds twice a game.... EVERYTHING changes

Advertisement
Back