So THIS is an Acceptable Resume For Some of You?

Tad Footeball

1996 Interim Big East Conference Commissioner
Premium
I guess we're just missing an asterisk at the bottom citing Saban's magic dust rubbing off and that he "just gets" Miami. We really want another corch that's biggest accomplishment is turing a horrible program into a mediocre program? I bet Al sold all his phony Parcell's tutelage the same way Luigi will pretend to be "Saban Lite but with Invaluable South Florida Ties" on his next interview. The guy was regressing at FIU. Pete Garcia may be the worst AD in college but it doesn't necessarily preclude him from having a case in the dismissal- especially if Luigi was as big an idiot to work with as Garcia himself is.

Cristobal Record.jpg

Advertisement
Whaaaaaaaaaaaat?! He won a bowl game?! WHAT'S THAT LIKE????

Are there actually people that REALLY want Cristobal as the HC here? As like one of their top choices?

Anybody who thinks we should hire Cristobal is a ******* clown.

We need very good coach at a minimum to win here.

Advertisement
Are there actually people that REALLY want Cristobal as the HC here? As like one of their top choices?

It seems so. I think these are the same people that order chicken tenders at a steakhouse though.

Same people who jerk off to Coley loveCristobal. Probably loved Randy and love Ice, and thought barrow (all due respect) was an elite coach. It's a weird "he's from my area so I like him" thing.

Put up Al's next to it and then let's talk. Said it yesterday, Mario has had 2 years to learn from the best in Nick Saban and that can't be overlooked. Also, FIU was a bottom feeder program with putrid leadership and Mario found a way to do something with nothing. Not vouching that he is our guy but look at the big picture before writing him off completely

Advertisement
Some of our fans are just borderline incompetent. It took them four years to realize Golden sucked and they also don't realize that you need a very good coach--at the least--to win at UM.

Put up Al's next to it and then let's talk. Said it yesterday, Mario has had 2 years to learn from the best in Nick Saban and that can't be overlooked. Also, FIU was a bottom feeder program with putrid leadership and Mario found a way to do something with nothing. Not vouching that he is our guy but look at the big picture before writing him off completely

That's the problem. The new coach's resume shouldn't need to be compared to Golden's to gain some points. The Saban "experience" as a positions corch means little to me and he left FIU in shambles after reaching that glorious mountaintop of a 5 loss season and a Cici's Pizzeria Bowl win in 2010.

Advertisement
It could be argued that Temple was worse than FIU and they actually won more under Golden. No thanks. We've taken our chances. We need somebody that has led a major program before.

That's the problem. The new coach's resume shouldn't need to be compared to Golden's to gain some points. The Saban "experience" as a position's corch means little to me and he left FIU in shambles after reaching that glorious mountaintop of a 5 loss season and a Cici's Pizzeria Bowl win in 2010.

how does it mean little to you when you go from a dumpster fire to the top of the hill?

Advertisement
If I was going to take anybody under the Saban tree, I'd take Lane before Mario and I am not a fan of Lane. He'll put it together before Mario though

We should definitely hire a guy that got way too much credit corching at a no name school because he's supposedly a good recruiter.

Oh wait.....

That's the problem. The new coach's resume shouldn't need to be compared to Golden's to gain some points. The Saban "experience" as a position's corch means little to me and he left FIU in shambles after reaching that glorious mountaintop of a 5 loss season and a Cici's Pizzeria Bowl win in 2010.

how does it mean little to you when you go from a dumpster fire to the top of the hill?

I hope this is in reference to going to Bama and not to FIU's bowl win season. If so, just see Dooley, Derek. Proximity to Saban doesn't guarantee anything and that guy was way more of a Lil Nicky disciple than Luigi can claim.

Advertisement
Back