So much stupid on here the last 48 hours.

canecat

Junior
This board was getting better but then we were screwed by Mcfarland and a guy who UM never really was in good with ( Smith) looks like he really is going to one of the 2 places he was always going to ( LSU or Bama) and people ( mostly newbs) lose thier minds. This is going to be a top 10 class and we will close with something like Edwards, Henderson, Pouncy, Bryant,Bateman,Dean,Thomas and Harley and people are upset. We might miss on 1-2 tops of those guys but even so this class will be the best since around 2004 for UM . We cleaned up on OL , we are going to clean up on DB and we are going to get the 3-4 WR we needed to . We all should be thrillled yet we are complaining about missing on someone we never had much of a chance at . Now I get the bashing of Mcfarland as he played up straight up but Bryant is a great back up plan and its not like Mcfarland was anything more then 3rd or 4th string next season. Be happy people !

Advertisement
This board was getting better but then we were screwed by Mcfarland and a guy who UM never really was in good with ( Smith) looks like he really is going to one of the 2 places he was always going to ( LSU or Bama) and people ( mostly newbs) lose thier minds. This is going to be a top 10 class and we will close with something like Edwards, Henderson, Pouncy, Bryant,Bateman,Dean,Thomas and Harley and people are upset. We might miss on 1-2 tops of those guys but even so this class will be the best since around 2004 for UM . We cleaned up on OL , we are going to clean up on DB and we are going to get the 3-4 WR we needed to . We all should be thrillled yet we are complaining about missing on someone we never had much of a chance at . Now I get the bashing of Mcfarland as he played up straight up but Bryant is a great back up plan and its not like Mcfarland was anything more then 3rd or 4th string next season. Be happy people !

I think if we close on Dean, Harley, Edward, Thomas and I think folks will be happy. McFartland shading us, hurt. Smith, I wasn't tripping about, but McFartland derailed our sense of stability. Still not convinced about Henderson. Hope Pouncey picks us, but he won't. It'll be a good finish, not great or spectacular as we were hoping. We gotta stop losing 4+ games and we'll get em.

Advertisement
I only care about getting Thomas, Dean & Edwards...

I said back in November Smith wasn't coming, I want Pouncey in this class, Harley is a consolation prize imo & not really trippin off any of the the other recruits.

I'm more than happy with this class, plus the thing people always forget is that between now & Fall they'll be a lot more movement happening, there's always going to be grad transfers available... Dozens of names will pop up.

Also, which Bryant you talking about, Dez or Kobe?

Smith was never coming nobody outside of this board said it and now the sky is falling. We'll be fine

Advertisement
Sucks to see some of the potentials go elsewhere, but the roster will be vasty better. If we do this well, or better next season we should be a playoff team.

We good. We alwsys gonna miss on some but look at who we got. The tendered shouldered, tampon wearing, gaping *** motherfugfers need to stick to play station

I largely agree as some take the soft-shoulderness and whining to ridiculous levels but if you are remotely objective then there's mild concern at missing out at positions of need and slightly more serious concern about Thomas Brown's overall judgment and general awareness in relation to his recruiting abilities. I'm still expecting a strong finish disirregardless so in the grand scheme of things we're absolutely fine if you have any faith in this staff to actually develop talent as well.

If you told me we were going to get this class a month ago, I would have been very, very happy. I still am.

Advertisement
Perfect!! Another who can see past the tip of the nose.

This staff is working it. It took over 10 yrs of mediocrity to get where we were before this staff...no matter how good they are,.. They can't fix this overnight! Now that its started,..we not stopping!!

It isn't just the last 24 hours, it's all the time

You have to sift through a mountain of garbage just to read a few meaningful posts.

As for McFarland, he's got two good backs ahead of him at Maryland. He won't be any better than their third best option there next year either. Dude chose to stay home, can't fault him for that. He genuinely thought about coming here, but home win out. I can't get mad at that.

Advertisement
Losing McFarland hurts but I think Homer is really good and explosive. You don't always see running backs catching bodies on special teams. Close with Thomas, Dean, Harley, Henderson and/or Edwards and this class is loaded with talent and speed. And idk if I should go to school or not on signing day what do yall think

I largely agree as some take the soft-shoulderness and whining to ridiculous levels but if you are remotely objective then there's mild concern at missing out at positions of need and slightly more serious concern about Thomas Brown's overall judgment and general awareness in relation to his recruiting abilities. I'm still expecting a strong finish disirregardless so in the grand scheme of things we're absolutely fine if you have any faith in this staff to actually develop talent as well.

Objectively we did not miss out on any positions of need. RB was not a major need, hence basically only recruiting a couple of players. Whoopi Jr. was AT BEST was going to back up Walton. Then when Lorenzo arrives next year, Whoopi stays a backup. WR was a need, and looked kinda mediocre until Thomas showed up. Thomas, Harley, and Richards on the field next year (not to mention Berrios playing his correct position as a slot where I think he dominates) is almost cheating. And we still haven't got to Cager who was apparently in line to start opposite Coley (over Richards!) this year.

The QB class is an A.
The OL class is an A.
The expected RB class is a C (Burns and Bryan).
The expected WR class is an A (Harley, Njoku, Thomas).
The TE class is a C+.
The DE class is an A.
The DT class is a B-.
The LB class is a B+.
The expected CB class is an A (Bandy, Dean, DJ)
The S class is a B+.

All this without Smith, McFarland, Henderson, or Edwards.

The QB class is an A.
The OL class is an A.
The expected RB class is a C (Burns and Bryan).
The expected WR class is an A (Harley, Njoku, Thomas).
The TE class is a C+.
The DE class is an A.
The DT class is a B-.
The LB class is a B+.
The expected CB class is an A (Bandy, Dean, DJ)
The S class is a B+.

All this without Smith, McFarland, Henderson, or Edwards.

LB is an A.
TE is an I. Incomplete. In a couple years Njoku could bulk up and get moved over there. Finishing high school at 6'5" 200 lbs. Redshirt him in 2017 and get him a cot in the weight room with an IV of liquid Wheaties. 230 - 245 lb by 2018 range and we're cooking with gas.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back