So Much For That Theory...

He also plays in the toughest conference division in CFB, has had a .500 record or better 7 of the 9 years he's been there and also is regulated to recruits the scraps of the south because the big fish go somewhere else...and he still has finished with a couple of top 20 recruiting class while puts his players in the league, and this is all at a school with an all-time winning percentage of .353 against conference foes.

Oh by the way, Miss St. has only been to 20 bowl games in their football history...8 of those games were under Dan Mullen. I wouldn't choose him over Mark Richt but if Mark Richt wasn't available 2 years ago, I would've considered the job search a failure if we didn't hire Dan Mullen...especially since it was his second time showing interest in coming here to begin with.

Arent Miami and LA similar? Why would Mullen be interested in Miami twice but not be a LA guy?

LA is not similar to Miami....the weather is different, the people are definitely differently, and UM is a completely different job than USC or UCLA.

I would say in terms of metropolitan areas, culural diversity, and private university football prowess that Miami and LA, specifically USC are as similar as could be.

To a point. USC is a private institution but has an enormous amount of resources, our recruiting ground is slightly richer, we play in an easier conference division but a better conference overall, we play in 3x the stadium they have believe or not, and he can literally live 5 minutes from campus in a peaceful and quiet neighborhood just like if he coached at Miss St., Texas., etc...but he can't do that at USC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You state your opinion as fact to the motivations of a man you have never met before. Just like any metro area, there are places close to ones workplace that solve any predeliction. I don't attempt to say that I know what Dan Mullen looks for in his life and my suggestion would be for you to do the same.
IMO, recently, many of your posts are positioned as braggadocio, without any corroboration to your musings, which I find difficult to read.

Advertisement
I love that LSU lost, maybe they'll panic and fire Ed at the end of the season letting us blow them out game one next year while they try and rebuild

We will see how good Mullen (and MSU) is the next two weeks.
At UGA and Auburn is brutal. If they win one of those game I will be impressed.

You haven't been watching those teams play if you think Auburn and UGA are brutal back to back games.

Mullen will be UCLA next head coach

Don't think so...Texas A & M, LSU, Old ****, **** maybe Mizzou would be higher on his list. He doesn't seem like a LA kind of guy

You forgot Auburn since all he wants is SEC jobs. Ole **** and Mizzou is a better job then UCLA? I don't think so but that's just me. Any guy that pushed hard for Miam two time is a LA kind if guy.

Last edited:

Don't think so...Texas A & M, LSU, Old ****, **** maybe Mizzou would be higher on his list. He doesn't seem like a LA kind of guy

You forgot Auburn since all he wants is SEC jobs. Ole **** and Mizzou is a better job the UCLA? I don't think so but that's just me. Any guy that pushed hard for Miam two time is a LA kind if guy.

Well the major openings this year are probably going to be SEC jobs unless Notre Dame takes a dump on the season. Quick question, if he was interested in going out west; why didn't his name come up in the USC and Oregon openings? Or Washington's in 2014? Those are better jobs than UCLA

Advertisement

You forgot Auburn since all he wants is SEC jobs. Ole **** and Mizzou is a better job the UCLA? I don't think so but that's just me. Any guy that pushed hard for Miam two time is a LA kind if guy.

Well the major openings this year are probably going to be SEC jobs unless Notre Dame takes a dump on the season. Quick question, if he was interested in going out west; why didn't his name come up in the USC and Oregon openings? Or Washington's in 2014? Those are better jobs than UCLA

He had a bad record last year. Least throw that out with Oregon. USC hired the OC that was already on the team. They didn't look far. Washington went the cheap route, with Chris Petersen. No matter how good he was he was still a mid major coach. Washington are not into high buyouts. Not trying to say your wrong or right. I just feel like if he has a great year and Mora countine to suck. He will be the next UCLA coach.

...that all you need are good coordinators to win. The fish rots from the head and Ol' Eddie Orgeron is a giant carp.

View attachment 50105

View attachment 50106

View attachment 50107

Yup. 99 times out of 100, the coach sucks when you hear people start saying that "he just needs to get rid of his coordinators!"

The funniest is when dolts make that claim, and then say that the coach is a "good CEO." "He's a good CEO and recruiter, he just needs coordinators!"

If a coach needs two super special assistants to win, then he's not very good and won't be around for a long time.

Advertisement
How is Mullen underrated? People have been talking him up for going on ten years now.

True, and yet Miami didn't hire him over Golden all those years ago. Insane, isn't it?

It's largely irrelevant right now and Mullen is coming off a 6-7 season in 2016, his 8th year there. I don't dislike the guy, but I'm not tracking his box scores saying "what if".

We will see how good Mullen (and MSU) is the next two weeks.
At UGA and Auburn is brutal. If they win one of those game I will be impressed.

You haven't been watching those teams play if you think Auburn and UGA are brutal back to back games.

It is all relative.
It will be brutal and difficult for a team like MSU to win one of those games let alone both of them.
You are only kidding yourself if you think it will be easy.

I agree with ZBrod on Mullen not being a west coast/LA guy. The guy has been on the east coast (and southeast for last 10-15 years). He wanted the Miami job because he knows the area and he knows that he could win with sofla talent. It's different in cali.

Anyhow, back to Coach O - that defesne was a sieve over the weekend. And to think that Aranda was Richt's first choice as DC. He would be arguing about the 3-4 again had Richt hired him/

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back