So Much For That Theory...

Advertisement
He has had a winning record in conference once in 8 years.

He also plays in the toughest conference division in CFB, has had a .500 record or better 7 of the 9 years he's been there and also is regulated to recruits the scraps of the south because the big fish go somewhere else...and he still has finished with a couple of top 20 recruiting class while puts his players in the league, and this is all at a school with an all-time winning percentage of .353 against conference foes.

Oh by the way, Miss St. has only been to 20 bowl games in their football history...8 of those games were under Dan Mullen. I wouldn't choose him over Mark Richt but if Mark Richt wasn't available 2 years ago, I would've considered the job search a failure if we didn't hire Dan Mullen...especially since it was his second time showing interest in coming here to begin with.

Advertisement
If I was UiF and I could dump McEltooth, I'd give this guy serous consideration. I'd actually watch for it to happen though I'm just speculating based on fit and logic.. That he's an asshöle is probably even better for them and their fan base.

I always laugh at the dopes on here who think all you need is a couple great coordinators. You need a great leader at the HC spot first and foremost.

If I was UiF and I could dump McEltooth, I'd give this guy serous consideration. I'd actually watch for it to happen though I'm just speculating based on fit and logic.. That he's an asshle is probably even better for them and their fan base.

If he's not the first guy they call if they fire McEltoof, being that he was the OC during the championship years for them, then I would now know that Foley does drugs. If they don't hire him and he goes somewhere else, they better hope and pray it's not Tennessee.

Advertisement
If I was UiF and I could dump McEltooth, I'd give this guy serous consideration. I'd actually watch for it to happen though I'm just speculating based on fit and logic.. That he's an asshle is probably even better for them and their fan base.

If he's not the first guy they call if they fire McEltoof, being that he was the OC during the championship years for them, then I would now know that Foley does drugs. If they don't hire him and he goes somewhere else, they better hope and pray it's not Tennessee.

1. Foley isn't their AD anymore

2. I'd give Jeff Brohm a call 1st. What he did at WKU and now is doing overnight at Purdue is remarkable. I'd also probably hire Taggart before Mullen

1. Foley isn't their AD anymore

2. I'd give Jeff Brohm a call 1st. What he did at WKU and now is doing overnight at Purdue is remarkable. I'd also probably hire Taggart before Mullen

1) why would Taggert leave Oregon for UFag? That makes absolutely no sense.

2) You'd rather hire a guy who hasn't won 8 games in SEC West before....with Alabama, LSU, Ole Miss, Auburn, TAMU, and Arkansas on your schedule every year? Dan Mullen has done that 4 times....again at a school with an all-time winning percentage of .353 against conference foes. You would rather hire Jeff Brohm....an unproven guy over a guy who's injected a pulse into a program riddled with incompetence since it's inception?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Mullen will be UCLA next head coach

Don't think so...Texas A & M, LSU, Old ****, **** maybe Mizzou would be higher on his list. He doesn't seem like a LA kind of guy

How do you know that?

Wouldn't you think he would have a job out there already if he did....there's been plenty of openings out west and he hasn't put his name out there for one. It's not like UCLA is USC or something..

Last edited:

He also plays in the toughest conference division in CFB, has had a .500 record or better 7 of the 9 years he's been there and also is regulated to recruits the scraps of the south because the big fish go somewhere else...and he still has finished with a couple of top 20 recruiting class while puts his players in the league, and this is all at a school with an all-time winning percentage of .353 against conference foes.

Oh by the way, Miss St. has only been to 20 bowl games in their football history...8 of those games were under Dan Mullen. I wouldn't choose him over Mark Richt but if Mark Richt wasn't available 2 years ago, I would've considered the job search a failure if we didn't hire Dan Mullen...especially since it was his second time showing interest in coming here to begin with.

Arent Miami and LA similar? Why would Mullen be interested in Miami twice but not be a LA guy?

Advertisement

Arent Miami and LA similar? Why would Mullen be interested in Miami twice but not be a LA guy?

LA is not similar to Miami....the weather is different, the people are definitely differently, and UM is a completely different job than USC or UCLA.

LA is not similar to Miami....the weather is different, the people are definitely differently, and UM is a completely different job than USC or UCLA.

I would say in terms of metropolitan areas, culural diversity, and private university football prowess that Miami and LA, specifically USC are as similar as could be.

I would say in terms of metropolitan areas, culural diversity, and private university football prowess that Miami and LA, specifically USC are as similar as could be.

To a point. USC is a private institution but has an enormous amount of resources, our recruiting ground is slightly richer, we play in an easier conference division but a better conference overall, we play in 3x the stadium they have believe or not, and he can literally live 5 minutes from campus in a peaceful and quiet neighborhood just like if he coached at Miss St., Texas., etc...but he can't do that at USC.

Last edited:
Lol at anyone that doesn't think Mullen is a good coach. He would've done great here. I have no doubt the stories about his personality are true but if he delivers wins then who cares. He will do well at another program.

Advertisement
Back