So Much For That Theory...

Tad Footeball

1996 Interim Big East Conference Commissioner
Premium
...that all you need are good coordinators to win. The fish rots from the head and Ol' Eddie Orgeron is a giant carp.

Screen_Shot_2017_06_20_at_1.31.16_PM.jpg

2017-09-17-08-31-25-.jpg

20170917_081859.jpg

Advertisement
Mullen is an underated coach, IMO.

Interesting to see if he actually makes a move to another SEC program. He's topped out at Miss St., IMO.

Advertisement
How is Mullen underrated? People have been talking him up for going on ten years now.

Thankfully Ed O's only been at LSU for 1 season. I'd like for him to be in place when we play them next season.

We will see how good Mullen (and MSU) is the next two weeks.
At UGA and Auburn is brutal. If they win one of those game I will be impressed.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Does anyone remember all the people on CIS that were calling for Orgeron to be hired at Miami? Those people need to be publically shamed.

I was reading an LSU board and it seems like he has a $12 million dollar buyout this season and $8.5 next season. They are still paying Les Miles buyout and the state is broke. Eddie O is going to be at LSU for a while! lmao

Last edited:
LSU has a big time reputation, but they just haven't been good enough to deserve it and that's why alabaga can come in and cherry pick their talent. Must be the food because why would one choose to go to a low rated state school like that. How much you wanna bet Surtain will now go to tuckaloo, because this ain't gonna end well for cajuns.

Advertisement
Mullens might have a shot at a bigger SEC program before the end of the year. That said, Aranda is a great D-Coordinator. This game doesn't change that

I don't know Mullens personally, but I have heard from several people that he is difficult to work with and he wants you to know/think he is the smartest guy in the room.

Elevating Orgeron to top gig was particularly inept handicapping. LSU often looks undisciplined no matter who coaches them but with all that raw talent it shouldn't be possible to lose by 30 points.

As if Alabama and Saban needed any more advantages, their chief divisional rival hires Ed Orgeron. Unbelievable. That's one of the reasons I rooted for Florida State a few weeks ago.

My alma mater USC may have made some poor choices and struggled for several years but I was very relieved when SC twice avoided the temptation to hire Orgeron. A guy like that is limited but popular among players and fans so you might get stuck with him for longer than you'd keep a similar stiff who lacked the voice and charisma. SC isn't great right now but far above where they would be if Orgeron had gotten the job.

Advertisement
Back