So let me get this straight...

g8rh8rMD

Not a Dr.
The guy who hired Al freakin Golden and presided over Nevin Shapiro running amuck is the head honcho of the committee charged with deciding who the best teams in the country are? Based on no objective criteria whatsoever of course.

Did I get that right? You can’t make this **** up, folks.

Advertisement
I said the same thing earlier today when I found out that bum was on the "committee". Now we have to blow ND out. Run up the ******* score!!!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Has zero effect on where we end up.

We win out we're in the playoff. It's really that simple.

Everything else is nonsense man

The “best four teams” is a terrible way to chose the playoffs. The teams that earn it should get in. As Miami, we have to make it hard for them to leave us out.

Advertisement
The playoff should expand to 8 teams and be frozen forever.

The five power 5 conference champions and 3 at-large bids.

The “best four teams” is a terrible way to chose the playoffs. The teams that earn it should get in. As Miami, we have to make it hard for them to leave us out.

Exactly the best 4 teams narrative gives way to too much subjectivity. I watched the after show and Heribie made a great point.
He said everyone says Bama doesn’t have a great win on their resume but how are ppl discrediting the FSU win when at the time FSU was ranked 3rd and playing at full strength?

I like a point that Pollack Made that the winner of the SEC title game should get in and the loser shouldn’t. It’s all or nothing the later you get on the season the smaller the margin for error so be it. Everyone was going crazy already building the narrative that even with 1 loss those teams are still top 4.

I think the less the commitee talks the better. They were talking about OU and how last year they didn’t have a championship defense. Could be the same concern this year even with them at 5. So it sounds like they would hold out a really good football team becuase their defense doesn’t match that of the top 10 statistical defenses. I mean that’s just stupid.

The only way this system is better is becuase we get 4 teams at the end of the year but the way those 4 teams are selected are just as convoluted as the BCS.

Advertisement
Any time you have a committee decide who gets into the playoffs, you basically have a popularity/beauty contest. It's totally subjective (otherwise, why do you need a committee?). Going to an 8 team playoff wouldn't eliminate the subjectivity, but it would certainly reduce the chances of the potentially "best team" being excluded.

I see an 8 team playoff as the right number given the subjective nature of the selection process.

All you really need to know is that Tyrone Willingham was somehow given a spot on this meeting of da mindz known as "The Committee". They shouldn't be doing anything ever beyond determining the 3 at-large teams in an 8 team Playoff.

Advertisement
Back