So let me get this straight...

Advertisement
oSjCv4g.png

Kirby had to recuse on Texas Tech but not on Miami, which is odd.

Willingham recuses on Duke(?) but not UW or ND, odd.

I think schedules should remove cupcakes and start real playoffs earlier. There is too much subjectivity involved in the decision making, to much influence being peddled and justification for bullsyt going on. Take it out of the hands of these idiots and leave it to the players on the field.

The issue is 'the four best teams' is subjective. Those that win a Conference Championship and get a head-to-head is not.

But that would leave out either precious Bama or UGA.

The panel was hammering Greg McElroy last night, but he is right. Make the regular season and Conference Championships matter. They are basically play ins. Rematches and Do-Overs shouldnt get to occur.

Too many immature fans posting here that feel world hates us Canes fans. Sounds like a persecution complex by some that feel we are entitled. Continue winning, and at end of season we will be fairly and objectively ranked.

Advertisement
oSjCv4g.png

somebody has to bring up Hocutt being recused for Miami, there's way too much history there for him to be able to provide an unbiased pick

oSjCv4g.png

somebody has to bring up Hocutt being recused for Miami, there's way too much history there for him to be able to provide an unbiased pick

Odd that Dan Radakovich didn't have to recuse Miami either, seeing as how he has a Master’s degree from UM and worked as a Athletics Business Manager for the University.

Advertisement
Has zero effect on where we end up.

We win out we're in the playoff. It's really that simple.

Everything else is nonsense man

I hear ya. But 2000 says hello.

That was using a BS computer system.

You really think Kirby Hocutt would purposely leave UM out of the playoffs? lol

If we earn it we'll be in

Miami does have to earn it. But we have to earn it at a higher standard than other teams. If Bama loses the SEC championship to UGA they’ll still be in. If Miami’s only loss is the ACC Championship to Clemson, we’re out.

Because he doesn't have a conflict of interest with Miami.

Ty Willingham is recused from Stanford because his son is on the staff and he's recused from Duke because his daughter is an employee.

Odd that Dan Radakovich didn't have to recuse Miami either, seeing as how he has a Master’s degree from UM and worked as a Athletics Business Manager for the University.

It's not a current conflict of interest.

If some of you guys were in charge then nobody would be eligible for the committee because you'd have them recused from every school they've ever worked for, earned a credit or banged a coed.

Advertisement
Advertisement
You children don't know much about the world. When and where are you going? Guaranteed you will miss US more than we will miss you.

I love it.

The answer to any critique of America is to just say "well, it could be worse, get over it!"

Has zero effect on where we end up.

We win out we're in the playoff. It's really that simple.

Everything else is nonsense man

I hear ya. But 2000 says hello.

That was using a BS computer system.

You really think Kirby Hocutt would purposely leave UM out of the playoffs? lol

If we earn it we'll be in

My OP has nothing to do with bias and everything to do with incompetence. How are we to count on this committee to somehow know who the best 4 teams are at the end of the season when they have chosen as their leader the dude who hired Al Golden to the position of head football coach at Miami, and also let the proverbial fox into the henhouse with that tiny jock sniffer? These are the people we're supposed to trust???

And it's not nonsense as has been stated here repeatedly. I'm thrilled with how our season has gone thus far and all I care about is win 'em one at a time, but there is absolutely no doubt that we are being held to a different standard at this point than OU, TCU, Clemp's Son, and even ND, UGA, and Alabaga. Why should we accept that it's a given that a one loss Clemzon or Baga or ND are cleared into the playoff, but we absolutely must be undefeated to even be considered? It's a pile of crap that our fans should simply NOT accept.

Advertisement
Back