So Kaaya got his degree today

He led a few but the defense gave it right back.

I think you both make great points - and I think both sides are valid.

We never won a game under Kaaya where we weren't winning at halftime. Even if we were tied at halftime, we lost the game. Kaaya was tough and stood in there while taking some big shots on comeback drives - but he never got that signature win. He seemed to lack that extra gear to put the team on his back.

But he was definitely hamstrung by Dino's Defense and Coley's badly coached 2 minute drills - things that weren't his fault.

2016 vs FSU - Kaaya threw a beautiful 4th down TD to Coley with a minute left. Should've tied the game, but extra point was blocked. We lose 20-19
2016 vs ND - We're down 20-0 and come back to go up 27-20 with 6 min left. Then ND's next drive - the Defense gives up a 4 play 75 yd TD drive

I think Kaaya was definitely held back in his comeback attempts. But also at some point, you have to overcome that and actually do it.

But congrats to him for getting his degree!

Last edited:
Advertisement
I'm not sure I can agree that the only way he could his degree was to drop out of college.

Yeah this is literally the worst advice and the last thing our guys who are thinking about leaving early should read. But on the other hand they can see what happens when they leave early, they get to "pursue storytelling" instead of playing on Sundays.

millionaire? he made a million dollars in the league?

maybe peter made him rich by paying him for information.

wish the kid well.
He actually did make $1mm in the nfl, pre tax.

Thats what I thought he meant. $1 million in top line earnings. That's far from being a millionaire.

The generally accepted definition of "millionaire" is 7 figures of net worth not including your primary residence. I'll assume Kaaya didn't come anywhere that.

Congrats to Kaaya.

Kid gets more hate than he deserves, he was a really good QB for us.

I think a lot of the hate for Kaaya stems from the fact that he was Al Golden's boy.

I'm probably as guilty as others in regard to this line of thinking.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Some great tweets from kaaya and out things in perspective of why someone might leave early

This is what I've being trying to get across in other posts.

If you leave early and don't get drafted in the first 3 Rounds - that doesn't automatically make you an idiot whose life is over.

So happy about Brad. I like that kid a bunch. Hats off to poppa Shaq too -- raise good young man. That is what every father wants a legacy.

Should’ve stayed his senior year.

What’s your point?

He hated Mark and John Richt that's why he left early. I put it on this message board I think a few days before the WVU game bc my buddy (who's dad is a big booster) told me he was dipping

Would kill to have a QB who really cared about his craft like kaaya. Wtf we doing with kosi and forehead man?
IDK why people keep throwing N'kosi in with Jarren? N'kosi hasn't skipped any practices for non medical reasons. N'kosi has done nothing wrong this year. He's been a great teammate, not complained about being the backup, stayed off of social media, and stayed ready when his number was called. He only played badly at Pitt when he had a separated shoulder. IDK why you want to scapegoat him for this 2019 season?

Advertisement
IDK why people keep throwing N'kosi in with Jarren? N'kosi hasn't skipped any practices for non medical reasons. N'kosi has done nothing wrong this year. He's been a great teammate, not complained about being the backup, stayed off of social media, and stayed ready when his number was called. He only played badly at Pitt when he had a separated shoulder. IDK why you want to scapegoat him for this 2019 season?
Capt kosi has all the chance to beat out jarren last summer and he couldn’t do it plus he turns the ball over too much(jarren too) so both = non memorable cane QBs

Capt kosi has all the chance to beat out jarren last summer and he couldn’t do it plus he turns the ball over too much(jarren too) so both = non memorable cane QBs
Did he really not do it? He could have been named the starter as well. So tired of people ****ting on players because they don't live up to your expectations.

The amount of hate that kid had to endure from the KrazyCanes of this world made my head hurt.

Kid was a tough as nails baller. This program would have literally dropped off the face of the planet without him during the Shapiro fiasco and it's aftermath without him.
Imagine if we had a good OFFENSIVE line. True natural pocket passer

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back