So it takes a hurricane fan from Iowa to keep it real about the OC hire?????

iowacane76

Banned
Banned
Straight to the point. Terrible hire!!!!Go watch some game tape of SMU and you'll see why. He is a pass happy spread offense disciple and not a power run spread disciple. Look at the top spread teams in the country. They ALL run a power spread offense.Miami will get wide receivers but they wont get any running backs because he doesn't use them!!! Just watch. I'm here to keep it real. Gleeson should've been our choice for OC .How he went to Rutgers is beyond me. He won't make it three years with their roster.This is only my second post in the last two years. The last time I posted was when Lingard signed. I said he was overrated and that that Cam Davis was a better running back.I got blocked for that statement. Guess who was right after all???? Manny is truly clueless. The offensive number will improve but don't cry when the elite running backs in South Florida go elsewhere.

Advertisement
We could say we're going to punt on 1st down every series this year and we'd still get RBs. In a world full of diminishing positives for this program the ability to still get very good to elite RBs and TEs no matter what is one of the very few bright spots.

Last edited:
Sure looks like SMU runs to me:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200103-184627.jpg
    Screenshot_20200103-184627.jpg
    479.9 KB · Views: 518
Advertisement
Advertisement
We could say we're going to punt on 1st down every series this year and we'd still get RBs. In a world full of diminishing positives for this program the ability to still get very good to elite RBs and TEs no matter what are some of the few bright spots.

Yeah recruiting RBs is the least of our worries. We just recruited two stud Rbs after the disaster of an offense we ran and a ****** season.

However, I am concerned with these small conference offenses and these air raid schemes. The field gets smaller with the big boys because of the speed of the defenses. You either need superior o line talent or a more power oriented spread approach rather than the air raid pass it all around approach.

Straight to the point. Terrible hire!!!!Go watch some game tape of SMU and you'll see why. He is a pass happy spread offense disciple and not a power run spread disciple. Look at the top spread teams in the country. They ALL run a power spread offense.Miami will get wide receivers but they wont get any running backs because he doesn't use them!!! Just watch. I'm here to keep it real. Gleeson should've been our choice for OC .How he went to Rutgers is beyond me. He won't make it three years with their roster.This is only my second post in the last two years. The last time I posted was when Lingard signed. I said he was overrated and that that Cam Davis was a better running back.I got blocked for that statement. Guess who was right after all???? Manny is truly clueless. The offensive number will improve but don't cry when the elite running backs in South Florida go elsewhere.

You posted about Lingard but you just joined 1/3/20

Nice try mate

Yeah recruiting RBs is the least of our worries. We just recruited two stud Rbs after the disaster of an offense we ran and a ****** season.

However, I am concerned with these small conference offenses and these air raid schemes. The field gets smaller with the big boys because of the speed of the defenses. You either need superior o line talent or a more power oriented spread approach rather than the air raid pass it all around approach.
they put up 41 on #25 TCU.

Advertisement
He comes from a run first scheme, and the hc at SMU is air raid. This dude married the 2 this year and they blew up. Do some research before you make another post.

Advertisement

Dude, you just signed two elite running backs. BTW, SMU ran the ball 534 times and threw it 503. At Auburn he and Malzahn ran power spread a lot.

When you have the talent like we always have at the rb position it is most likely a dream for any OC to see those dudes just sitting at your disposal.

Advertisement
Back