So it starts tonight?

JHallCanes

2028 is our year
Premium
The first All-Star game is tonight and it looks like we have two decisions that will directly impact us.

Greg Garmon is set to announce, and James Burgess may announce his decision to switch to Louisville. I didn't see the game televised anywhere though it's listed as being on "CBS networks"

Advertisement
Advertisement
It is on CBS sports network. 613 on DTV I believe, also carried on many cable providers

Advertisement
Northrup - Top 3 LBer in Fla
Kirby - Top 3 LBer in GA
Witt - Best combine #'s for LBer at Nike Spark camp (has amazing game tape)
Gabriel Terry - Glades Central's finest all day. Nebraska wrestling state champ.

Average weight for this LBer class is 215 pounds and average height is 6'2".

In 2008, our LBers averaged 197.5 pounds and an average height of 6'1" (this is WITH big *** Arthur Brown added into the equation)

Thats almost 20 pounds that per LBer that we are recruiting now. And we wondered why we got pushed around all the time.

Burgess is a fine player and so is Brown.........but we look mighty fine here.

Im not too big on Burgess bcuz he is very smallish around 190. Brown is just a facked up situation

Last edited:
Advertisement
Guys, I've been saying it clearly for maybe 6 months, even way before he was anything but solid... I really don't think he can play here. That's based on meeting him, speaking with him, standing next to him, and watching him intently at a camp. He's "good" at plenty of things, but to overcome his size, and possibly durability issues, you need to be great at a bunch of other things.

I hate it, because he's a Cane at heart and a legacy. Trust me when I say he'd be a Cane if he could. Nothing is ever absolute in this business, but I feel strongly that we dodged a bullet here.

Guys like Spence and Nate Webster were also small, but had a more physical make up IMHO, and were also faster and better.

I wish him great success at the Ville.

Just got some inside news. TIFWIW, you want a link? go look up your pappies buttox for it.

The buzz from the East locker room is Garmon is 100% going to choose Iowa tonight over the Canes.

Just got some inside news. TIFWIW, you want a link? go look up your pappies buttox for it.

The buzz from the East locker room is Garmon is 100% going to choose Iowa tonight over the Canes.

Oh well. We have to get one or two man ****.

Advertisement
It would not shock me if Burgess had a decent collegiate career at Louisville. Not great or anything, but decent.

To be fair, I'm kind of sick of hearing that "guys aren't good enough to play here"...have you seen what we've been trotting out there for a few years? I don't think we are above taking certain kids. A plethora of 5-stars ain't walkin through that door.

This has nothing to do with Burgess, as, he's low on the list of recruits and their value this year...I'm just saying in general, because I see that said a lot.

It would not shock me if Burgess had a decent collegiate career at Louisville. Not great or anything, but decent.

To be fair, I'm kind of sick of hearing that "guys aren't good enough to play here"...have you seen what we've been trotting out there for a few years? I don't think we are above taking certain kids. A plethora of 5-stars ain't walkin through that door.

This has nothing to do with Burgess, as, he's low on the list of recruits and their value this year...I'm just saying in general, because I see that said a lot.

I think the kid is what we need in terms of toughness. He'll pop you hard.

But **** we have been undersized and pushed around at the LBer position for awhile now.

Let me show you what Golden is trying to do

Gionnie Paul came in 222 pounds.........is now 230

Perryman came in close to 205/207ish..........is about 215 now and should be 220 by the start of next year

Eddie Johnson.............kid is just huge let me put it that way. Huge and athletic. Our biggest LB

Kirby is coming in at 215

Northrup 215

Witt at around 220

Tery at around 210/215

He wants BIG, athletic LBers.

We were running with

Spence at 215 pounds as a senior (Beast mode didnt matter how small)

Cookie is 215 at most as a Senior

Holton is tiny

Futch is 220.........but kid just sucks

Gaines 225 at MLB (kid can still grow)

Brown is a no brainer as he fits what Golden wants in a LBer. Its just a messed up situation with his brother. The staff has been recruiting him.

Burgess I would take as he would be the only undersized LB at 195 pounds but his toughness is greatly needed. Both would be a loss but Im fine with losing little Burgess

Advertisement
Back