So happy it wasn't Dorsey for one reason only

I would have been disappointed had Dorsey come here and failed. I would be sad for him. I would never hate him for this.

Advertisement
For the reason that just in case it didn't work out, I would have to see some CIS members curse the name of one of the greatest legends in UM Football history. To this day I will never understand that mentality. I still see angry posts about Manny who actually did some good things and worked is *** off. ****, some are still blasting Golden and Shannon. I just dont get it. These guys did not come here to destroy the program. They tried their best and it did not work out. I for one hope Manny has the second best D in the country this year. If you absolutely need to be angry, direct it towards the administration who you could argue got lazy on their hires in hindsight. In the end these guys are all still human beings....spare me your "they make millions" BS. Still no reason for such hate. With that said, welcome Coach Gattis. What a terrific hire!! Side question: in any of the 3455 page insider threads, did anyone mention Coach Gattis as a possibility? I mean no disrespect to those who do have inside info...it is appreciated but you have my vote to get rid of the thousands of pages threads....wait. Are we voting on that? :LOL:
Donna and company used program for a cash cow, did not invest a a dime .10 cents in program. this was compounded by arms race in facilities(by college football) during her reign of error. Decision to replace B.James and reorganize AD dept was a palace coup by Columbus High group with $$$$ and like entire fan base was sick and tired of 5-3 in Coastal division.CMD was in over his head and it showed he should have accepted Temple job and made his mistakes(on a smaller stage) then maybe made a big time jump .
the magnitude of the poor decision making( by BOT & AD's) is shown by fact that except for Coker(3 years at UTSA) no-one got another HC shot Shannon or Golden & Diaz remains a LS after his tenure at Miami. fan displeasure is part of process and agreed sometimes it goes well over the line and if Mario does not win Coastal the boards will be off the charts with their displeasure.
still feel that most board members hold Donna,P.Dee, B.James and a bunch of BOT mistakes as major problems with program over last 20 years....... and HC's are just the target of fans wrath

Also, I don't care if it's unpopular and I get 50 down votes, Manny's defense (first stint as DC) revitalized this program. We were right neck and neck with clemson for most categories and our defense was dominant. The chain brought life to our program and that D was what got us to #2 in 2017.

It definitely was not "dominant"

But yes it did some good things early on, and then started to slide.

Advertisement
The OP has a point. Some posters here have no patience for success and I would get pretty bummed seeing fans of my school tearing into Dorsey.

It definitely was not "dominant"

But yes it did some good things early on, and then started to slide.
I don't have the energy to die on this hill but if you look up the actual statistics we were top 10 and in some cases top 3 in nearly all important categories through that tenure. Maybe dominant isn't the word you like but it was the best defense we've had since the early shannon days

Advertisement
I for one hope Manny has the second best D in the country this year.
grannies **** you.gif

I don't have the energy to die on this hill but if you look up the actual statistics we were top 10 and in some cases top 3 in nearly all important categories through that tenure. Maybe dominant isn't the word you like but it was the best defense we've had since the early shannon days
Adjusted for schedule...We simply were not.

Carry on

Adjusted for schedule...We simply were not.

Carry on

eh I changed my mind,.... yeah I was providing factual information, not actually debatable. HOWEVER since you want to factor in SOS and competition, i looked that up too

so we went from al golden and 'NO D' to immediately the next season:

2016- #13
2017 - #13
2018 - #8

so you're wrong pal, according to just about any and every metric out there

I'm not saying I want manny ever calling plays here again, i'm just not ignorant and letting his HC tenure cloud the reality of his DC tenure

1644187113878.png

1644187049702.png

1644187073223.png

I might be wrong about Dorsey I never respected him as a coach. The more research I do and his hiring at Buffalo which has an incredible staff shows I didnt know wtf I was talking about lol. I thought most wanted him cause he played here but it shows I should of did more homework on it. I have a feeling hes going to kill it at Buffalo and make me look like a complete fool, and im ok with it lol.

Advertisement
eh I changed my mind,.... yeah I was providing factual information, not actually debatable. HOWEVER since you want to factor in SOS and competition, i looked that up too

so we went from al golden and 'NO D' to immediately the next season:

2016- #13
2017 - #13
2018 - #8

so you're wrong pal, according to just about any and every metric out there

I'm not saying I want manny ever calling plays here again, i'm just not ignorant and letting his HC tenure cloud the reality of his DC tenure

View attachment 176774

View attachment 176772

View attachment 176773

Lol...

No "Pal"

First off...I wouldn't consider two #13 ratings as "elite"....I mean you were telling me about all these "top 3s"...We weren't top 3. We were a good defense this year.

Secondly...FEI attempts to gauge how each team would do against a national "Average" team....It does not always translate when stepping up in class, even though it attempts to

Lol...

No "Pal"

First off...I wouldn't consider two #13 ratings as "elite"....I mean you were telling me about all these "top 3s"...We weren't top 3. We were a good defense this year.

Secondly...FEI attempts to gauge how each team would do against a national "Average" team....It does not always translate when stepping up in class, even though it attempts to
I stated the metrics where we were top 3 in the original post. Then showed other metrics against competition as you changed your point.

You're really hanging on to a irrelevant point in arguing that our best defense in nearly 20 years wasn't good enough for you.

Not gonna talk to a wall anymore, so carry on

Advertisement
I stated the metrics where we were top 3 in the original post. Then showed other metrics against competition as you changed your point.

You're really hanging on to a irrelevant point in arguing that our best defense in nearly 20 years wasn't good enough for you.

Not gonna talk to a wall anymore, so carry on

You're trying to tell me the defense was elite

I simply said it wasn't top 3 when you adjust for schedule....And I was correct. Any problems here, junior?

You're trying to tell me the defense was elite

I simply said it wasn't top 3 when you adjust for schedule....And I was correct. Any problems here, junior?
No grandpa, I'll make a mental note that #8 defense is just plain average. Being top 3 in the nation in turnovers, sacks, tfl, 3rd down %, and ypp doesn't mean anything and that your personal opinion holds more weight than FEI

No grandpa, I'll make a mental note that #8 defense is just plain average. Being top 3 in the nation in turnovers, sacks, tfl, 3rd down %, and ypp doesn't mean anything and that your personal opinion holds more weight than FEI

We were top 3 in yards per play 1 year

Also...I never used the words "plain average". So please don't put words in my mouth. Carry on, junior

I distinctly remember that lots of fans cursed his name when he was the UM quarterback, and couldn't wait to replace him with Berlin. It's the UM fan way.

Advertisement
Back