Snelson

Advertisement
what happened to his mom spouting out "my son was born a Cane....and he will always be a Cane." what happened to that? look, the wheels are falling off of FSU and as long as Narduzzi is coaching D at MSU, OSU won't be crap. We beat FSU this year w/ No Life Stadium rocking w/ Miami Love, I can see a major momentum shift in the recruiting battle.

Wrong guy bro...that's Dionte Mullins lol

that is both of their moms

what happened to his mom spouting out "my son was born a Cane....and he will always be a Cane." what happened to that? look, the wheels are falling off of FSU and as long as Narduzzi is coaching D at MSU, OSU won't be crap. We beat FSU this year w/ No Life Stadium rocking w/ Miami Love, I can see a major momentum shift in the recruiting battle.

Wrong guy bro...that's Dionte Mullins lol

that is both of their moms

Well ****

Advertisement
Kyle, we screwed or what?

2016 is very long time away even if he flips we will continue to recruit and like I said I don't believe it will be his last commitment. Hurts though we haven't gotten a lot of kids (only 1 or 2) to recommit under golden era.

I am not that concerned with WR in 2016. Huge playing time opportunity and Kaaya will be a star by then.

Pinder and Newbold are also still out there in the mix. Long time until 2016.

I am not that concerned with WR in 2016. Huge playing time opportunity and Kaaya will be a star by then.

Newbold imo is a stud and i just hope that miami gets on board with him.

Kyle, we screwed or what?

2016 is very long time away even if he flips we will continue to recruit and like I said I don't believe it will be his last commitment. Hurts though we haven't gotten a lot of kids (only 1 or 2) to recommit under golden era.

That's why all the "there's plenty of time, he's a '16 kids" talk means absolutely squat.

Advertisement

We say this every year at just about every position.

We say this every year at just about every position.
Not DT or LB that's for sure.

I'm talking about how deep positions are just to strike out, which has happened quite a bit at DT & LB. This cycle it's DBs up until this point.

Not understanding the Newbold hype. D Money is Newbold better than any of the following: Bruce, Mullins, Pinder, Victor, Richards, Snelson, Salomon, Tre Nixon(love this guy), Craig, Lee, Stove, or Ridley. The kid can ball but in a class like this that is one of the deepest in some time I see Newbold as a risk of uncertainty, especially with him, bruce, and berrios playing the same position. Golden has to take what he can get in this class in terms of elite prospects like Cedric Wright and Aaron Thompson who should already be canes. No room for outside interference IMO, my fear is Golden does not know how to capitalize on prospects who want to be canes and will add good depth. An example would be Bethel, Thompson, and Manuel should be our DEs in 2016, my fear is AG will add a suspect and fill a spot where we could of had a better prospect at that position. Same elite mind set should be for the WR and every other position.

Advertisement

Not understanding the Newbold hype. D Money is Newbold better than any of the following: Bruce, Mullins, Pinder, Victor, Richards, Snelson, Salomon, Tre Nixon(love this guy), Craig, Lee, Stove, or Ridley. The kid can ball but in a class like this that is one of the deepest in some time I see Newbold as a risk of uncertainty, especially with him, bruce, and berrios playing the same position. Golden has to take what he can get in this class in terms of elite prospects like Cedric Wright and Aaron Thompson who should already be canes. No room for outside interference IMO, my fear is Golden does not know how to capitalize on prospects who want to be canes and will add good depth. An example would be Bethel, Thompson, and Manuel should be our DEs in 2016, my fear is AG will add a suspect and fill a spot where we could of had a better prospect at that position. Same elite mind set should be for the WR and every other position.

Newbold is the real deal if you have watched him this year or even before this season. The same case is for Shaq Quarterman 2016 WR teammate Marcus Johnson at Oakleaf. Their lack of tape from previous years for previous obligations or any other matters is why they are flying a bit under the radar for now. Wait till after the season, their recruitments will pick up even faster. Not all kids get noticed right away. Pinder was flying under the radar at first too and now has blown up on sites.

He is every bit as good as the ones you listed. Pete has listed Newbold over guys like Bruce and others actually. As well as I have too.

Newbold at one point was my personal favorite and #1 at receiver for 2016. At this moment it is Richards with the ridiculous season he is having.

Newbold still is my favorite recruit for 2016 though.

Bruce, Mullins, Richards and Snelson are all studs. I view them all respectively as legitimate top receivers.

And to go into detail again as I have in the past on the WR topic for 2016.

Craig was never a legitimate interest or option.

Stove not on the radar.

I don't think staff has Nixon as an option.

Salomon, unless he leaves Champagnat Catholic will be no shot at. And he's dealing with some serious legal issues and might end up at WVU or no college at this point instead of the expected LSU or the sleeper Clemson.

The younger Ridley no shot unless Calvin and SBB come to Miami, and he does not have a definite position yet, could end up a RB or WR.

Now on to the legit prospects on the radar

Brandon Johnson, despite father being Cane Legacy and baseball great Charles Johnson and also cousin to Chad Ochocinco. He is not as highly coveted as others we are pursuing.

Marcus Johnson, Shaq Quarterman teammate. Was more focused on basketball prior to focusing on football this year. Stud athlete and discovered through Shaqs dad. Shaqs dad's words for him were pretty impressive too. The tape speaks for it's self, especially with the case of the connection to Oakleaf with Owens and Shaq. Staff will be on him. Tape is coming soon.

Dymond Lee, been quiet on this front ever since he was offered. Obviously the Kaaya and Milo connection will play a factor, he is also doing well without Kaaya at QB this year so he is legit. It's all about does he want to leave Cali or stay in Cali? And the fact that the state of Florida is loaded for 2016 at WR is another factor, will we really go out of state for one?

Steven Newbold, explained it before. The tape speaks. Everyone around the area here knows. The lack of previous tape was the only issue. Him and Marcus Johnson same issue, their recruitment will pick up fast.

Freddie Pinder, no doubt he will be a Cane. Expecting his commit sooner than later.

Binjimen Victor, conflicting reports as to whether Miami or Bama is in the lead. And now OSU is in the fold for him as well. (He also could have ties to bringing Mullen and Young here as well as 2017 Emmanuel Greene. We shall see)

So really you are looking at 6 legit options at receiver. The feeling I get... Newbold, Pinder, and Marcus Johnson and close up shop.

I don't get good vibes from Victor. Get that same feel with him as the monarch boys. Lee I think ends up staying in Cali. Brandon Johnson despite legacy is passed on.

I've always expected the 2016 haul at WR will be a big one. Always said 6-7 for 2016. Too much talent to pass up.

Then you got super athlete Keyshawn Pie Young from Miami High who can play RB/WR/DB/KR/PR. But he'll be taken as an athlete as long as he comes to Miami and position determined afterwards.

And Irvin Jr. been noted that he is looked at as a TE by Miami.

Wright will be a Cane. The offer will come. 2016 process is still very early right now. And I do expect the same for Thompson. Thompson more of a tweener. He's a DE/DT. Most likely a DT. Already being 6'4" 260 as a junior in high school.

Our DEs in 2016 should be Bethel, Burns, Jackson and then Manuel depending on where he chooses. Then Thompson as a DE/DT like Richard McIntosh from the 2015 class. Their is also Malik Barrow who's really on the radar at DE for 2016 too but he's looking more likely to end up in the Big Ten at OSU or MSU.

Last edited:

Not understanding the Newbold hype. D Money is Newbold better than any of the following: Bruce, Mullins, Pinder, Victor, Richards, Snelson, Salomon, Tre Nixon(love this guy), Craig, Lee, Stove, or Ridley.

Yesy, in my opinion. Newbold reminds me of Antonio Brown. He is quick as **** and he knows how to play the game. He has like three or four ridiculous toe-tap catches this season. He will be a quarterback's best friend.

Not understanding the Newbold hype. D Money is Newbold better than any of the following: Bruce, Mullins, Pinder, Victor, Richards, Snelson, Salomon, Tre Nixon(love this guy), Craig, Lee, Stove, or Ridley.

Yesy, in my opinion. Newbold reminds me of Antonio Brown. He is quick as **** and he knows how to play the game. He has like three or four ridiculous toe-tap catches this season. He will be a quarterback's best friend.

Steve is truely amazing to see he works hard regardless if hes the primary reciever or blocking down field for a teammate, no diva just hard working kid and has the passion and drive that is usually missed with talent. I know 2016 is loaded at his position, but imho hes a big time must get for us. Bias maybe but hes top 3 in 16.

Advertisement
Smh we are not taking 6-7 WR. There is a reason BC was calling people telling them to get in now before the slew of commitments came in this summer. There will never be a reason to ever take 6-7 wr in sfl because every year will have must have talent at the position, unless someone in charge completely mismanaged the numbers.

Smh we are not taking 6-7 WR. There is a reason BC was calling people telling them to get in now before the slew of commitments came in this summer. There will never be a reason to ever take 6-7 wr in sfl because every year will have must have talent at the position, unless someone in charge completely mismanaged the numbers.

What? Who would do that?

139312.jpg

2016 is the year to do so my friend.

We've missed out on Sammy Watkins, Kelvin Benjamin, Amari Cooper, Ricardo Louis, Eli Rogers, Levonte Whitfield, Travis Rudolph, Ermon Lane, Johnnie Dixon, Isiah McKenzie, and possibly Calvin Ridley, and possibly Davante Phillips. And that is since 2011. Let that sink in.....

And who knows for sure if we even get Callaway. People are hoping for Ridley to flip. Peete will be a Cane. Who knows if Spence even sticks. Chatman we have to fight off LSU and is a pure stud. Gossier a huge project.

2016 we must dig as deep as we can at the receiver position. Cause we are going to be losing some off the roster, some may transfer and whatever else the case may be.

2016 is the most talent rich the Receiver position has been in history I've seen in the state in a VERY long time. 2017 not the same if you think I'm just saying this to say it. 2017 has some, but not the surplus that 2016 has.

6-7, watch. And the reason being is. Some can play multiple positions too.

Advertisement
Back