SMH Wisconsin....

Advertisement
It’s also a mentality, and a source of pride. Everybody in south Florida wants to be a star not saying there aren’t good offensive lineman down south but it’s a whole different mentality the kids that they’re bringing in. I can almost guarantee you that Milo, Dykstra and Mahoney would’ve been starters there.

Last edited:
So my first thought was "those dudes grow on trees up there". But then I thought a little more and realized this: if they just had OL piled up all over the place, bama and osu would be camped out there like they are in Miami. Seriously, do you think there are genetically superior OL in Wisconsin and the sec hasn't noticed? Or maybe they noticed but it's too fare to travel? The teams with real money will camp out in any talent rich area, and I don't see them in that part of the world all that often.

I can't explain it, but somehow it's coaching. Has to be or the heavyweight programs would be stealing all the croots.
I think these kids up there in Wisconsin, Iowa and Michigan and Nebraska are getting better coaching at the HS level as well. Cutting the learning curve time. Don't think Miami and Broward HS's take Online play as serious for the most part. Down Here it is RB, WR, LB, CB, Safety and then Dline.

Advertisement
At a weak *** wedding now. My girlfriend worked
With this girl a couple years ago and they became friends but I know no one here. It’s on a golf course so I was very tempted to bring my putter and wedge.
Bring the whole set and tell her you’ve got the *****. But it’s ok. We can stay, I’ll just be in the bathroom the next few hours. Lol

They signed a 5 star ot and a 4 star ot last year. Has a top 10 tackle commited in this class and another 4 star.
That's just recently. It's not they're MO. They get 3-star guys and develop them. Now, the higher ranked recruits are taking notice as Whiskey is putting 3-star guy in the NFL as 1-3 round draft picks. They do a great job at identifying the players that fit they're system and developing them.

IDK why other college coaches don't get with them and study what they do? College coaching is a fraternity and most will share information with other coaches not in their conference and not on their schedule.

I think these kids up there in Wisconsin, Iowa and Michigan and Nebraska are getting better coaching at the HS level as well. Cutting the learning curve time. Don't think Miami and Broward HS's take Online play as serious for the most part. Down Here it is RB, WR, LB, CB, Safety and then Dline.
A lot of kids in the Midwest wrestle in HS. My nephew is one of the top heavyweights and Iowa football coaches started talking to him last Spring. He went to their camp this Summer as an invite. He's going to wrestle D-1, but I think a lot of dudes have a wrestling background so they're good with their hands and feet.

Advertisement
That's an anomaly. Most linemen they recruited in the last 5-6 years were 3 star and between 6-4 and 6-7, some even TEs and Dlinemen coming in. They recruit a type and they develop the heck out of them.

They recruit the position how Barry is for us now. The problem is we are going to have to rely on a guy like Zion as a freshman and they are in a position where they're able to develop them for a few years.

Hopefully we get to that point. We'll be championship caliber when that happens. The skill positions, QB and defense are normally there for us.

At a weak *** wedding now. My girlfriend worked
With this girl a couple years ago and they became friends but I know no one here. It’s on a golf course so I was very tempted to bring my putter and wedge.

I’m scheduled for one next weekend. Taking my earphones and espn app to reception

Do these people not understand it’s football season?!?!

Certain parts of the country grow certain players just like food....

You want oranges you come to florida you want corn you go to Iowa or Wisconsin...

That's an anomaly. Most linemen they recruited in the last 5-6 years were 3 star and between 6-4 and 6-7, some even TEs and Dlinemen coming in. They recruit a type and they develop the heck out of them.
That's the ticket ! Turn DL into OL !!

You can turn an average DL player into a good OL player

Advertisement
It's part of the culture up North.

First, we may not produce a ton of 210 lb athletes but we churn out 6-6 320 lb grinders like it's nothing. Go into any small town in northern Wisconsin and there will be a family of giants. People are just big here.

Second, it has become a point of pride to play Oline at Wisconsin for in state kids. Most of the really good ones commit after their soph or jr camps at UW. Outside of Iowa, no B1G schools even put much effort into getting guys out of Wisconsin, they all know where they are going to wind up eventually.

Third, there is only one D-1 school in the state so most HS teams run some form of UW's offense. 7-7 is not a thing here. That means these linemen grow up in a pro style system so it isn't a huge transition when they get to Madison.

We have changed line coaches a half dozen times, gone from a zone scheme to a gap and back again, the only constant has been Alvarez and his emphasis on line play. There aren't many schools where the lineman are the biggest stars. When he took the UW job in 1990 he famously said "Our heart and soul are going to come from Wisconsin, but our hands and feet better come from somewhere else." 30 years later it is still true.

Advertisement
Paul Chryst is one of the top 10 best coaches in the business.

The only way you beating them is if your team is drastically more talented or better coached...

Otherwise you line up with Wisky thinking it's gonna be a walk in the park showing up unprepared & your team's gonna get they *** whooped.

FSU offense is just too athletic for the Boise defense. Their offense is simple. I see them having big problems with teams like Miami, Clemson, NC State, and maybe even Virginia.

.Well, I spoke too soon. FSU 2nd half choke job.

Last edited:
OLines are just what they do. Just like how South Fl produces speed and athleticism. That’s there formula and will never stop stocking the NFL w/ Lineman. They’ve had their share of good skill players too.
And they dont fall for the banana in the tailpipe, ie, committing to Miami/Corch Radio, Folden or Dicht

Advertisement
Back