SMH Wisconsin....

Advertisement
Just start recruiting Vikings from up there and see who wants get out of the cold.
None of us really. I’d rather be cold then sweating my balls off. Can always add layers. Bonfires and beer. But I will say there is a reason the skill position players come from the south. They are in great shape playing in the heat.

So my first thought was "those dudes grow on trees up there". But then I thought a little more and realized this: if they just had OL piled up all over the place, bama and osu would be camped out there like they are in Miami. Seriously, do you think there are genetically superior OL in Wisconsin and the sec hasn't noticed? Or maybe they noticed but it's too fare to travel? The teams with real money will camp out in any talent rich area, and I don't see them in that part of the world all that often.

I can't explain it, but somehow it's coaching. Has to be or the heavyweight programs would be stealing all the croots.
You’re mostly correct. There’s probably as many OL down south as there is up north. They get spread out to more schools down south. Gophers now have 2 starting OL from IMG. Not saying that they’re great. Faalele is good. Dunlop had a bad first game - think he got injured. Both were Miami recruits or passes. I think Dunlop redshirted but Faalele looks like a future Sunday player. He’s still a true sophomore tho.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Do Wisconsin and Iowa recruits (on the OL) attend alot of camps or no? Maybe thats why they are under valued, just throwing **** to the wall I have no idea.

No. Great question. Camps are unheard of north and if they exist there is zero press. Unless they go south there is few if any camps. See Seantrel and the JC kid that was #1 in the nation juco that ended at Georgia. The only camps they ever go to that have any press are in Florida or Texas. (I can’t speak for Ohio State or Michigan - but at least MN/Wisco/Iowa. We have hockey camps like Florida has football camps. I coached hockey for 8 years.

No. Great question. Camps are unheard of north and if they exist there is zero press. Unless they go south there is few if any camps. See Seantrel and the JC kid that was #1 in the nation juco that ended at Georgia. The only camps they ever go to that have any press are in Florida or Texas. (I can’t speak for Ohio State or Michigan - but at least MN/Wisco/Iowa. We have hockey camps like Florida has football camps. I coached hockey for 8 years.
Then thats what it has to be, thanks for the answer I had no idea it was just a common sense guess.

Advertisement
You are right I was there and the temperature dropped down in the 30’s that night

That game sucked on so many levels. ******* freezing. The ****-rus Bowl was dreadful and served Carnival food. The hot chocolate line was a 1/2 mile long. We sucked. We got our ****s kick in. Shall I go on?

Advertisement
That's an anomaly. Most linemen they recruited in the last 5-6 years were 3 star and between 6-4 and 6-7, some even TEs and Dlinemen coming in. They recruit a type and they develop the heck out of them.

Its because the recruiting services are getting better and better each year.

Advertisement
Johnathan Taylor is a surefire top 20 pick unless he tears something. Knowing Wisco - they won’t hold him back. What happened to Graham mertz (the best QB in high school after the AAA games)?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back