Smells like a winner

Advertisement
I get that we know more than the national pundits, but Vegas still has the #8 team in the country as a TD favorite for a reason. I see the Gator deficiencies, and I see our improvement. However, can we learn the new offense fast enough, can we find an OT, can we stay healthy? That's where my head is at in his first year. All of the stuff he is doing right now is for the recruits coming up. And he has to, but Enos and the other coaches are going to make or break him coming out of the gate. That's what fall practice will be about, that's where he earns our buy in. We will see all the work he is putting in right now on August 24. On August 25, if we have won, the Diaz regime will be fine. If not, we need to work that much harder to be on the level of a top 10 team, which the Gators start out as. Then we do the best we can the rest of the season against arguably the easiest schedule in America (2-12).
#wewantALLtheSMOKE

I'm not going to lose my you know what if we don't beat Florida. I want to see us get after them (personal foul or 2 won't upset me), I don't want this team flat until half time, and if we win great. But anything less than playing Clemson after that in the ACC title game will be a disappointment.

Manny hasn't done anything. Same rah rah hype when Mork was here. Manny has his first biggest decision to make and that is choosing the QB he will ride and die with. Fans have no more patience. You got your IPF. You got the dorms. You got new expensive coaches. You got new fancy stadium. You got pipelines all over the state. No excuses. Manny needs to win this UF Game badly. Manny won't get a pass like Mork did. None of this we're still building bullshiit or look on the bright side crap if he loses to UF.
You're putting WAY too much on the UF game. While we would all love to win that one, would be big for our program all around, and I actually think we will win... we can lose to UF and be just fine. What you are describing above applies to us not making it to Charlotte this year.

Advertisement
Manny hasn't done anything. Same rah rah hype when Mork was here. Manny has his first biggest decision to make and that is choosing the QB he will ride and die with. Fans have no more patience. You got your IPF. You got the dorms. You got new expensive coaches. You got new fancy stadium. You got pipelines all over the state. No excuses. Manny needs to win this UF Game badly. Manny won't get a pass like Mork did. None of this we're still building bullshiit or look on the bright side crap if he loses to UF.

Fly The Banners.

You're putting WAY too much on the UF game. While we would all love to win that one, would be big for our program all around, and I actually think we will win... we can lose to UF and be just fine. What you are describing above applies to us not making it to Charlotte this year.
Nope. Can't lose to UF. UM will lose more respect and recruits. UM is not a major thing anymore. This is the reason they gave Manny the job. This is the defining moment - A championship program or more of the same. Whether u like it or not, Manny was A part of last years mess.

Advertisement
those coaches shows did come on just before the games didn;t they? I think i remember them holding me over.. the anticipation as a kid in the 80s in Miami waiting for our hurricanes was rough! The coaches show would talk about last weeks game. the coach would talk over the highlights..and the show would feature one player a week in a segment.. i think the player would be in studio? and then they would talk about this weeks oponent. And pretty much all the big schools had a similiar thing going on. I remember actually enjoying watchijng the bowden ojne because he was entertaining to listen to when he'd make comments about the plays from the game the week before. I watched his show every year (the week after we played them)
This is exactly the same set up as the Mark Richt Show. It aired Wednesdays on FoxSportsFL, I'm sure they'll have a Manny Diaz one. Of course you'll have to listen to DBJ and Joe Z sunshine pumping the whole time....lol

I posted here that Diaz should be groomed to replace Richt like Jimbo was at fsu BEFORE Temple. I was disappointed when he took the Temple job and was thrilled that he came back to the U. I have confidence he will succeed and be our coach until the nfl comes calling. Another great in the tradition of the U. Plus he took over a program in much better shape then what his recent predecessors had. Richt did not leave the cupboard bare, our defense is excellent, our WR's and TE's are beyond good and with 3 QB's competing for the starting job we should be good there. Our main weakness can be overcome and that is the OL. Our S&C could fix that part, so I have no doubt we will have a good year. Oh, and those criticizing Richt, he got us Diaz and I am sure he knew BEFORE he resigned that Diaz would be back and would be perfect for the U. Class act on the part of Mark Richt. I am grateful Richt loved the U enough to give up millions to better our program and have a perfect fit at coach.

Nope. Can't lose to UF. UM will lose more respect and recruits. UM is not a major thing anymore. This is the reason they gave Manny the job. This is the defining moment - A championship program or more of the same. Whether u like it or not, Manny was A part of last years mess.
We'll agree to disagree on this one, man. We "can" lose to UF, because we could still get to Charlotte and even make the playoff if we beat Clemson. If I could have one and only one right now: Beat UF or win the coastal, it wouldn't even be close. We could lose to UF (as much as that sucks) and still have a fantastic season with a ton of positive momentum. Whereas, even if we absolutely clownstomped the gator on 8/24, nobody would give a sh-t by season's end, recruiting/momentum-wise, etc, if the season ends on a dud and we don't even win the lowly coastal.

I get what your overriding point is, Cane1835, and I'm not disagreeing with it. Like I said, you're just laser focusing too much on this one single game, IMO. Like someone said above, Vegas has them as TD+ favorites for a reason.

Advertisement
What is this Saturday pregame show you speak of? 🤔
I remember that show too. It might have been called Hurricane Game Day or Countdown to Kickoff. The show I remember more was on Sunday mornings and called the Howard Shnellenberger Show. We get far more video content now, but it’s on Youtube and it doesn’t have the professional production values nor the tight editing to eliminate the boring parts.

Anyway, I agree with the people saying that it is far too early to be “sold” on Manny because he hasn’t won jack schit yet and he never looked like a great recruiter before, but there are some very promising signs here for the future.

We'll agree to disagree on this one, man. We "can" lose to UF, because we could still get to Charlotte and even make the playoff if we beat Clemson. If I could have one and only one right now: Beat UF or win the coastal, it wouldn't even be close. We could lose to UF (as much as that sucks) and still have a fantastic season with a ton of positive momentum. Whereas, even if we absolutely clownstomped the gator on 8/24, nobody would give a sh-t by season's end, recruiting/momentum-wise, etc, if the season ends on a dud and we don't even win the lowly coastal.

I get what your overriding point is, Cane1835, and I'm not disagreeing with it. Like I said, you're just laser focusing too much on this one single game, IMO. Like someone said above, Vegas has them as TD+ favorites for a reason.

You are pointing out the obvious. UF is not in our conference. This game is about regaining national prominence. Isn't this the first game of the year on a national stage? How has UM performed in this space the last 3 years? Generally speaking: Lousy. I didn't like the Manny hire. Here is his chance to prove many of us wrong. Tell the world and recruits The U is serious. A legit contender. Lose and that stink continues.

Advertisement
You are pointing out the obvious. UF is not in our conference. This game is about regaining national prominence. Isn't this the first game of the year on a national stage? How has UM performed in this space the last 3 years? Generally speaking: Lousy. I didn't like the Manny hire. Here is his chance to prove many of us wrong. Tell the world and recruits The U is serious. A legit contender. Lose and that stink continues.
You are just looking at it too narrowly. Yes, immediately after week 1 the UF game will have a massive impact on national perception, good or bad. But by season's end, nobody (including recruits) will give two sh-ts that we beat florida if we end up 7-5 or 8-4 and don't win a dreadfully weak coastal this year. Theres no team in all of sports I'd rather beat than the gator but what will be considered a success for the new Manny regime is way bigger in scope than just the opener vs them.

Last edited:
There is nothing wrong with getting excited for the upcoming season. I get a little excited at the start of every season.

We all know Manny has not won anything yet. I’m expecting big things this year…does mean it will happen but I am expecting it none the less.

We will learn very quickly vs FL if this team was well coached this summer. And we will know by the end of the game if the team has the potential to be something special.

I like what it looks like with the program and the buzz going on. However, what's with all the "when Manny was hired I was skeptical but now that we are still two months from his first game I'm sold" posts?

This post made me laugh out loud.

Your place as founding member of the fire Manny after game one club has been duly noted.

Advertisement
Back