Sleepwalking in Chapel Hill(thoughts on the UNC win)...

I was at the game. Jeff Thomas was streaking past the defense the entire 2nd half. How in the world he was only targeted once is beyond me.

Advertisement
I was at the game. Jeff Thomas was streaking past the defense the entire 2nd half. How in the world he was only targeted once is beyond me.

Rosier doesn’t go through progressions the play has to be designed for Thomas that post TD play was all design.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rosier doesn’t go through progressions the play has to be designed for Thomas that post TD play was all design.

I understand he's a one read guy (just like Kaaya last year), but can we call down from the booth to let Richt know he's open every ******* play and call a play where he is the first read?

I understand he's a one read guy (just like Kaaya last year), but can we call down from the booth to let Richt know he's open every ******* play and call a play where he is the first read?

For real that play design was beautiful which shows Richt can put good **** together he def needs to be more creative.

Smells like 2013 to me.

Hum, I get a sent of the 1983 team myself, except it loss its ugly game. We are coming out of the darkness of the basement and maybe my eyes are blinded by daylight, but these are the types of game we have been losing for more than 10 years. Now we are winning them. I've been a Cane long enough to remember our bad teams before we were great and the ones since our fall. This is not one of those teams. It kicked the chair out from under the Noles feet in the sweetest possible way and left them hanging by the rope around their neck. It has yet to even play its best game or even a complete one, but remains undefeated. This glass is halve full and more being added.

Advertisement
We still have fans that think it takes 5 years to win at an elite program. If your coach isnt getting it done by year two at a place like Miami, you probably are never winning anything with that coach.

First off 7-0. Don't think Richt could get the record any better than what it is right now (I guess if Irma never happened we'd by 8-0?).

Second off, why do you think Miami is still an elite program? We haven't had 10 wins since 2003, we lost 58-0 to Clemson this exact time 2 years ago, and we haven't had a top 5 recruiting class in years. Yet we're suddenly supposed to win an NC in year 2 of Richt? How does that make any sense? No one believes Miami is still an elite program except for Miami fans.

I believe we will get back to being elite soon, but we certainly aren't elite right now. We have plenty of work to do to get back to that point, but the building blocks are being laid. Richt came in and won our first bowl game since 2006, beat FSU for the first time since 2009, and has us sitting pretty with a chance to make the College Football Playoffs in year 2 without his best RB, a hobbled top WR, and a QB that no one wanted to see start this year.

We have a chance to win the ACC for the first time ever. What more do you want right now?

The play calling reminds me of dnorfio defense, very predictable, doesn't make the defense think pre-snap

Zero creativity. Nothing to even make the d think something predictable is coming , then play off that. It's just the same ole crap.

"My athletes and speed" are enough is how he calls games.

Agreed. You could see the run plays or the bubble screens coming a mile away.

We still have fans that think it takes 5 years to win at an elite program. If your coach isnt getting it done by year two at a place like Miami, you probably are never winning anything with that coach.

First off 7-0. Don't think Richt could get the record any better than what it is right now (I guess if Irma never happened we'd by 8-0?).

Second off, why do you think Miami is still an elite program? We haven't had 10 wins since 2003, we lost 58-0 to Clemson this exact time 2 years ago, and we haven't had a top 5 recruiting class in years. Yet we're suddenly supposed to win an NC in year 2 of Richt? How does that make any sense? No one believes Miami is still an elite program except for Miami fans.

I believe we will get back to being elite soon, but we certainly aren't elite right now. We have plenty of work to do to get back to that point, but the building blocks are being laid. Richt came in and won our first bowl game since 2006, beat FSU for the first time since 2009, and has us sitting pretty with a chance to make the College Football Playoffs in year 2 without his best RB, a hobbled top WR, and a QB that no one wanted to see start this year.

We have a chance to win the ACC for the first time ever. What more do you want right now?

You are 100% correct. Not even debatable. We are not an elite playoff caliber team, and we really should not be placing those expectations on this team right now. Just don't have the horses yet across the board. But we are showing signs of progress which should be commended.

If Felder and Co. can get the rest of the 2017 guys ready to contribute next year, plus sprinkle in a handful of 2018 guys for spot duy playing time, we'll have a much stronger team ready to dominate.

Right now, we are winning (which is a huge step forward for us), but we need another year of talent development and infusion. Oh, and we need an offensive coordinator...

Advertisement
The play calling reminds me of dnorfio defense, very predictable, doesn't make the defense think pre-snap

Zero creativity. Nothing to even make the d think something predictable is coming , then play off that. It's just the same ole crap.

Yep. How about a sweep/toss/pitch? Maybe some counters, reverses, end arounds? Maybe put Rosier under center with 3/4 wide, in the pistol, ****!!!

How many 2nd and 10s are we going to see the same MFing running play?

The 2nd and 10 runs into loaded boxes have been ****ing me off for 2 years now...but there is something that ****es me off even more about Richt's play calling.

For the love of everything holy in this world...can I get a shallow ******* cross and more intermediate **** over the middle of the field?

This offense just needs to move the chains a little more, which it is fully capable of doing, and THEN he can take his 4 vertical shots downfield and THEN he can run the ball as much as he wants.

I just feel like the play calling is all backwards. I've felt this way since he got here. I'm looking at the D pre-snap and saying to myself...that's a great look to run...and Richt will call four verticals. And then vice versa.

The whole thing just feels "off". I like him as a head coach, a recruiter, and as the face of the program...is it too much to ask to hire a ******* dedicated OC already?

Yep. How about a sweep/toss/pitch? Maybe some counters, reverses, end arounds? Maybe put Rosier under center with 3/4 wide, in the pistol, ****!!!

The 2nd and 10 runs into loaded boxes have been ****ing me off for 2 years now...but there is something that ****es me off even more about Richt's play calling.

For the love of everything holy in this world...can I get a shallow ****ing cross and more intermediate **** over the middle of the field?

This offense just needs to move the chains a little more, which it is fully capable of doing, and THEN he can take his 4 vertical shots downfield and THEN he can run the ball as much as he wants.

I just feel like the play calling is all backwards. I've felt this way since he got here. I'm looking at the D pre-snap and saying to myself...that's a great look to run...and Richt will call four verticals. And then vice versa.

The whole thing just feels "off". I like him as a head coach, a recruiter, and as the face of the program...is it too much to ask to hire a ****ing dedicated OC already?

for as much as Rozier is a liability, I believe Richt does not help. I can count on one finger how many times we had players wide open when the ball was thrown their way.

Advertisement

You know what offense was really predictable?

Once again, another porst. That offense was 50/50 and had an amazing screen game. Also far more formations and actually played off previous play calls. As for as selling a reverse like they'd ran earlier then throwing downfield off fake . Or out and ups or slant and go's because they were eating people up underneath. Teams respected speed so much the slants, drags , hitches and outs were money. Then pulled the rug when teams started sitting in those routes.

Your idiocy and lack of knowing what you're talking about makes you sound like Wilfork jr. You're like trying to explain football to a chick , but unlike a chick you interrupt and try to act like you have a clue.

Stop embarrassing yourself

Last edited:
Right now, QB and poor OL play is preventing us from winning the next 2 weeks. Here's hoping I am wrong and we win both. I hope our OL can play much better coming up. Very disappointing in that. As far as Rosier, I think he is subpar as far as consistency, going through progressions, and accuracy overall. I hope he gets Better but he does not look like a championship caliber QB.

Having said that...

Go canes!

WE DO, DO WE? LMAO. GO BACK TO UGA TROLL.

Advertisement

For the love of everything holy in this world...can I get a shallow ****ing cross and more intermediate **** over the middle of the field?

The whole thing just feels "off". I like him as a head coach, a recruiter, and as the face of the program...is it too much to ask to hire a ****ing dedicated OC already?

I don't get why he doesn't use some action of the bubble screen . I mean we've ran a 100 bubbles and no fakes off those. Which is like stealing , teams play downhill off the screen because they don't respect a fake. You sell bubble then the blocker runs to block can but runs by instead, east money. Which is very common in the air raid style offenses.

Agree. 2nd and 10 is an automatic run up the middle with Richt

We have an unqualified Jon Richt as QB coach... oh well, what else do you expect

Advertisement
Back