Sleepwalking in Chapel Hill(thoughts on the UNC win)...

That offense was 50/50 and had an amazing screen game. Also far more formations and actually played off previous play calls. As for as selling a reverse like they'd ran earlier then throwing downfield off fake . Or out and ups or slant and go's because they were eating people up underneath. Teams respected speed so much the slants, drags , hitches and outs were money. Then pulled the rug when teams started sitting in those routes.

Revisionist history.

What does 50/50 have to do with predictability?

It was I-form all the time and we ran lead, blast, counter.

Or we threw off play-action.

It was as predictable as you could imagine.

And people like you whined about it.

But it worked so it was considered brilliant by the simpletons.

Advertisement
Your idiocy and lack of knowing what you're talking about makes you sound like Wilfork jr. You're like trying to explain football to a chick , but unlike a chick you interrupt and try to act like you have a clue.

Stop making people laugh with your feeble attempts at changing the subject.

You just claimed that our 2001 offense was complicated.

:stupid:

The play calling reminds me of dnorfio defense, very predictable, doesn't make the defense think pre-snap

Zero creativity. Nothing to even make the d think something predictable is coming , then play off that. It's just the same ole crap.

"My athletes and speed" are enough is how he calls games.

Yep. How about a sweep/toss/pitch? Maybe some counters, reverses, end arounds? Maybe put Rosier under center with 3/4 wide, in the pistol, ****!!!

How many 2nd and 10s are we going to see the same MFing running play?

The 2nd and 10 runs into loaded boxes have been ****ing me off for 2 years now...but there is something that ****es me off even more about Richt's play calling.

For the love of everything holy in this world...can I get a shallow ****ing cross and more intermediate **** over the middle of the field?

This offense just needs to move the chains a little more, which it is fully capable of doing, and THEN he can take his 4 vertical shots downfield and THEN he can run the ball as much as he wants.

I just feel like the play calling is all backwards. I've felt this way since he got here. I'm looking at the D pre-snap and saying to myself...that's a great look to run...and Richt will call four verticals. And then vice versa.

The whole thing just feels "off". I like him as a head coach, a recruiter, and as the face of the program...is it too much to ask to hire a ****ing dedicated OC already?

Anything over the middle seems to get batted down due to the 3 minute windup Rosier has. But I feel ya, dude is a poor OC putting it nicely

We still have fans that think it takes 5 years to win at an elite program. If your coach isnt getting it done by year two at a place like Miami, you probably are never winning anything with that coach.

First off 7-0. Don't think Richt could get the record any better than what it is right now (I guess if Irma never happened we'd by 8-0?).

Second off, why do you think Miami is still an elite program? We haven't had 10 wins since 2003, we lost 58-0 to Clemson this exact time 2 years ago, and we haven't had a top 5 recruiting class in years. Yet we're suddenly supposed to win an NC in year 2 of Richt? How does that make any sense? No one believes Miami is still an elite program except for Miami fans.

I believe we will get back to being elite soon, but we certainly aren't elite right now. We have plenty of work to do to get back to that point, but the building blocks are being laid. Richt came in and won our first bowl game since 2006, beat FSU for the first time since 2009, and has us sitting pretty with a chance to make the College Football Playoffs in year 2 without his best RB, a hobbled top WR, and a QB that no one wanted to see start this year.

We have a chance to win the ACC for the first time ever. What more do you want right now?

Great Post

Advertisement
The play calling reminds me of dnorfio defense, very predictable, doesn't make the defense think pre-snap

Zero creativity. Nothing to even make the d think something predictable is coming , then play off that. It's just the same ole crap.

Yep. How about a sweep/toss/pitch? Maybe some counters, reverses, end arounds? Maybe put Rosier under center with 3/4 wide, in the pistol, ****!!!

The 2nd and 10 runs into loaded boxes have been ****ing me off for 2 years now...but there is something that ****es me off even more about Richt's play calling.

For the love of everything holy in this world...can I get a shallow ****ing cross and more intermediate **** over the middle of the field?

This offense just needs to move the chains a little more, which it is fully capable of doing, and THEN he can take his 4 vertical shots downfield and THEN he can run the ball as much as he wants.

I just feel like the play calling is all backwards. I've felt this way since he got here. I'm looking at the D pre-snap and saying to myself...that's a great look to run...and Richt will call four verticals. And then vice versa.

The whole thing just feels "off". I like him as a head coach, a recruiter, and as the face of the program...is it too much to ask to hire a ****ing dedicated OC already?

Again, offense is much easier when you can get a consistent push in the running game. Right now, that simply isn't happening but it's hard to do anything inside when you're in the shotgun exclusively, dont run any type of pistol or have a fullback. But as inconsistent as the offense has been this season I still thought it was making progress - till this week.

I still get the sense that we are another recruiting class or so from being fully reloaded so you can't just out-talent/athlete your foes. So you have get creative, have wrinkles, scheme you way through things.

These next two weeks will be interesting. It will basically determine how good this season will be for UM

Rosier is extremely limited in his ability to progress through his reads. Mullins was wide open on the interception.

Rosier is extremely limited in his ability to progress through his reads. Mullins was wide open on the interception.

Mullins was VERY frustrated coming off the field on that play. That's the thing, unless someone has access to the all-22 film, its hard to really make full judgments of the play-calling...

UNC knew every play. This was the first time I've a team just sit on our routes. They contested every throw outside of a couple bc they knew the simplicity of our routes. We are embarrassing offensively and we lack creativity

Yup. This. Our WR had zero separation. CMR’s lack of creativity will haunt him.

Advertisement

Anything over the middle seems to get batted down due to the 3 minute windup Rosier has. But I feel ya, dude is a poor OC putting it nicely

It’s not wise to throw over the middle with an inaccurate, inconsistent QB. You’re just asking for interceptions; that’s why we can’t use Herndon to his fullest potential.

That offense was 50/50 and had an amazing screen game. Also far more formations and actually played off previous play calls. As for as selling a reverse like they'd ran earlier then throwing downfield off fake . Or out and ups or slant and go's because they were eating people up underneath. Teams respected speed so much the slants, drags , hitches and outs were money. Then pulled the rug when teams started sitting in those routes.

Revisionist history.

First off we didn't line up in I all game you clueless twit.

Second of all its not about the formations , it's about showing different looks off the same action. Or scheming to find mismatches then exploiting, winning the battle before the ball is even snapped.

The 2001 team had reverses off your I formations , then would run moss around on a simple Iso to Portis,but the d remembered the reverse earlier.

They also ran the short intermediate game to nauseam then made you pay when you finally came up. There was also used the rb/fb in the passing game. Wheel routes and angles to fb/rb matched up on a lb.

There was nothing predictable about that O, it was truly 50/50 with a mixture so balanced you couldn't sit on the run or pass.

Just something simple as a reverse or jet sweep look a few times a game outs a second of doubt in a defenders head . It also holds the de for a split second. It took 5-6 games to see that , which is insanity with a guy like JT out there.

We run rpo/ bubble screens to death but have yet to sell the bubble then play off that. Teams don't even think about that, they just fly downhill to the bubble with no regard. Why wouldn't you send the blocker towards wr then just go deep. Its stealing. Air raid offenses kill with this every game.

That's the gripe with the no creativity or imagination complaint , and it's fair criticism. Except to a dufus like you.

Last edited:

Revisionist history.

Second of all its not about the formations , it's about showing different looks off the same action. Or scheming to find mismatches then exploiting, winning the battle before the ball is even snapped.

The 2001 team had reverses off your I formations , then would run moss around on a simple Iso to Portis,but the d remembered the reverse earlier.

They also ran the short intermediate game to nauseam then made you pay when you finally came up. There was also used the rb/fb in the passing game. Wheel routes and angles to fb/rb matched up on a lb.

There was nothing predictable about that O, it was truly 50/50 with a mixture so balanced you couldn't sit on the run or pass.

Just something simple as a reverse or jet sweep look a few times a game outs a second of doubt in a defenders head . It also holds the de for a split second. It took 5-6 games to see that , which is insanity with a guy like JT out there.

We run rpo/ bubble screens to death but have yet to sell the bubble then play off that. Teams don't even think about that, they just fly downhill to the bubble with no regard. Why wouldn't you send the blocker towards wr then just go deep. Its stealing. Air raid offenses kill with this every game.

That's the gripe with the no creativity or imagination complaint , and it's fair criticism. Except to a dufus like you.

Moss wasn't on the 2001 team, but please carry on and tell the other guy how he's clueless about the 2001 team.

Advertisement
Not happy about today, but we are better. We are 1 to 2 years from being "back". My opinion doesn't mean squat, but for us to take the next step we will probably need an OC. No motion, no creativity, nothing to make a defense read and react and make adjustments on the fly. Hopefully CMR won't be bull headed and refuse to see he needs some offensive mind to get us over the hump, even though it's early in his coaching tenure. That being said, if someone told you before the season we'd have two losses (which is my prediction) without our best offensive player I'm sure most of us would have taken it.

Revisionist history.

Moss wasn't on the 2001 team, but please carry on and tell the other guy how he's clueless about the 2001 team.

It was the 2000 team with moss , Daryl Jones too. They used Andre that way on the 2001 team. Feel free to go back and watch.

So I got the name / year wrong , but the play right which is the point I was making. The point was the actual play off the reverse action.

Last edited:
The 2001 Canes Offense had how many NFL players on it? Pro Bowlers? Hall of Famers? That offense could've run triple option and still put up a ton of points, way too much talent to fail.

Scheme played some role, but if the same players from the 2001 offense were playing in Richt's scheme this year, we'd be 7-0 right now instead of 7-0..... Wait a minute....

Advertisement
Richt is no dummy. The 10th coach will be offensive help. I guarantee you that. I’d put money on it actually.

The 2001 Canes Offense had how many NFL players on it? Pro Bowlers? Hall of Famers? That offense could've run triple option and still put up a ton of points, way too much talent to fail.

Scheme played some role, but if the same players from the 2001 offense were playing in Richt's scheme this year, we'd be 7-0 right now instead of 7-0..... Wait a minute....

Whats that have to do with do with the point ? Your lover gagger brought up the 2001 team not me. I just stated there was at least motions, reverses and different looks off the same action. Which is part of scheming , I was just fine talking about today's offenses and comparing apples with apples. No go bank and sign into to your other account

You don't even know what players were on the team.

But keep lecturing me on how one the simplest offenses in history was super complex.

Advertisement
Back