Size

Status
Not open for further replies.
As Goldens said, we're opening up a 'Athletes table' in September, with specialized meal plans for athletes.

Now, whether or not said plans will come with deer antler smoothies, ala Alabama, we'll just have to wait and see.

Advertisement
WTF?

LOL @ FSU being bigger. Their Linebackers were twigs and they got kids like Joyner in their secondary.

Bigger and more in shape to be exact. Those were their best LB's though, plus no one besides Perryman looked/looks like this

193.jpg

NEGGED.
27.jpg

"Maaaaaaaan, **** florida st.!" ----Figatron

Don't want to beat a dead horse, but size is still an issue on this team! I'm watching the spring game on ESPNU and some guys don't pass the eye test. Players such as Howard, Carter, Muhammad, Kirby, Bush, Grace, Perryman (Too Big).

Hey, invest in a pair of glasses. Probably would be money well spent.

Man, some of you guys need to take the blinders off. I'm not saying we suck, just saying that we still look small compared to other teams. AQM supposedly played at 230 last year and now he is 240. Can anyone honestly see a slight difference in size? He looks like the exact same player. Tyriq looks exactly the same as he did last year. Deon Bush 203lbs! I know he was hurt last year, but that's a shame for a starting safety.

Advertisement
It's been said already but we are the same size, if not bigger at most positions. Our uniforms make us look a lot smaller than we are.

Don't want to beat a dead horse, but size is still an issue on this team! I'm watching the spring game on ESPNU and some guys don't pass the eye test. Players such as Howard, Carter, Muhammad, Kirby, Bush, Grace, Perryman (Too Big).

Man, some of you guys need to take the blinders off. I'm not saying we suck, just saying that we still look small compared to other teams. AQM supposedly played at 230 last year and now he is 240. Can anyone honestly see a slight difference in size? He looks like the exact same player. Tyriq looks exactly the same as he did last year. Deon Bush 203lbs! I know he was hurt last year, but that's a shame for a starting safety.

Im just wondering but in what universe are you living in where being 203 lbs as a safety is a shame? Seriously, go look at most starting safeties in the NFL. Many of them barely weigh more than Bush. Sure there are exceptions like Kam Chancellor or Laron Landry, but most are floating around 205-210. Ed reed weighs 205, Earl Thomas is 202, Antrel Rolle is 206. The two top safeties in this next NFL draft in Haha Clinton Dix and Calvin Pryor are 208 and 207 respectively. Bush is going to be a Junior in college and weighs just about the same as many NFL players. Im not saying that some guys cant put on a few pounds, but size definitely is not this teams issue anymore and the fact that you use Bush and his weight as an example is pretty laughable.

F**k size we were built off speed

Yes we were. But it has been a long time since our D was fast. We lost the lightning fast OB turf and replaced if with the Dolfin cow pasture. A lbs run like our DEs used to and most of our DBs have been as fast as our old lbs were. We use to move kids forward to get faster players. Either we started recruiting slower or something, because we have not been fast for a lot of years. Slow and small equals sucks and we have. Now we have a new defensive idea of non-aggression read and then react. That requires more size. Before we reacted and then read. Speed and penetration made up for lack of size. I like our old ways better, but have we ever been fast in Joe Robbie? I think our speed dies with the OB -- need short, short grass.

Advertisement
F**k size we were built off speed

Yes we were. But it has been a long time since our D was fast. We lost the lightning fast OB turf and replaced if with the Dolfin cow pasture. A lbs run like our DEs used to and most of our DBs have been as fast as our old lbs were. We use to move kids forward to get faster players. Either we started recruiting slower or something, because we have not been fast for a lot of years. Slow and small equals sucks and we have. Now we have a new defensive idea of non-aggression read and then react. That requires more size. Before we reacted and then read. Speed and penetration made up for lack of size. I like our old ways better, but have we ever been fast in Joe Robbie? I think our speed dies with the OB -- need short, short grass.

We were super fast vs Virginia in 08. C'mon man.

We were built off flat out aggression, hitting, talent, nose for the ball, and killer instinct. Speed made all those qualities terrifyingly amplified. That we never held back and stomped teams, they came to fear us. No mater the size.

Until those qualities converge again...

Last edited:

WTF are you smokin?

I kinda' agree with this. Physically, some of our players don't look up to par with other teams especially at WR, DB, and LB. Quan and Bush are examples. And some look like they have too much weight; already know about Chick and all of the TE's looks too heavy to me.

As long as Perryman isn't 250+ he's A OK.

WTF?

SMH

Advertisement
FOR ***** SAKE can we stop comparing everything related to us to fla state? Its so ******* annoying. **** those rain dancing teepee living-in ***s. **** Tallahassee and **** famous rapeis. We're THE U. That is all...continue about your day

Advertisement
Those are only some of the top defenses in college football. Who wants to look like them?!

Now you really need glasses, go look at tyriq when he was a freshman and look at him now there is a huge difference, AQM looks the same as last year? The season just ended you expect a kid to bulk up that quick, plus you are naming guys that dont need to be big, and you compare us to FSU? Most of their guys need to bulk up

Deon at 202 lbs for a starting sadety a shame? Smh, that didnt seem to hinder joyner, since you want to compare us to FSU

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back