Size

Status
Not open for further replies.

sszoeboy

Freshman
Don't want to beat a dead horse, but size is still an issue on this team! I'm watching the spring game on ESPNU and some guys don't pass the eye test. Players such as Howard, Carter, Muhammad, Kirby, Bush, Grace, Perryman (Too Big).

Advertisement
I think the eye test might need to be revised. Common Core doesn't work for linebackers.

No, All are too small or putting on size a little too slow. Perryman just looks a little too big.

Size and scheme go hand-in-hand IMO.

Grace will probably max out at 225, which should be perfect for his frame - his range and natural coverage ability will keep him on the field. AQM will probably need another offseason to really be where he wants to be (250s maybe?), but he also doesn't have the frame to be a SDE in this scheme so we'll keep him at the Will/Jack with McCord.

Bush missed significant weight room time with injury. DP is a beast - don't think he's lost a lot of speed with the weight gain - we'll see in the fall.

The other guys you named are right where they need to be, IMO (or close.)

Advertisement
we are okay....we need a combination of size and speed playing in the ACC.....in the SEC where running the ball is king..Size is a must..
the acc has numerous styles from Pro to spread to west coast...hence all the parity at times

I'll bet once the pajamas we currently wear are put away for the final time, this team will visually look a lot different size wise.

Advertisement
Don't want to beat a dead horse, but size is still an issue on this team! I'm watching the spring game on ESPNU and some guys don't pass the eye test. Players such as Howard, Carter, Muhammad, Kirby, Bush, Grace, Perryman (Too Big).
go to SunLife and watch them live. In person you might think differently. :confused:

It's a dead horse for sure, but there is a glaring hole in our strength and conditioning department. Swasey is a huge liability! Anyone can see the difference when they look at our team and then look at another.

go to SunLife and watch them live. In person you might think differently. :confused:

Agreed, i seen Grace in person and was surprised how big he actually is in person. on another note we have always been a small team with speed thats just us.

Advertisement

It's a dead horse for sure, but there is a glaring hole in our strength and conditioning department. Swasey is a huge liability! Anyone can see the difference when they look at our team and then look at another.

That's my point exactly. When you look at other teams, you can see an obvious difference in size. People will say SEC teams are always bigger and they have more resources, but teams like FSU or UCF physically look bigger. And we are talking about the same type of South Florida kids.

Advertisement
Either they are too small or too big, too slow or too fast, too strong or too weak. SMH Many of our fellow cane fans meet the diagnostic criteria for either bipolar disorder or borderline personality disorder

Too big???? To small????

Tobey-Maguire-tobey-maguire-26191959-350-190.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back