Sits talking trash about our offense last Spring

Advertisement
Either you knew what was coming or I need to have you start placing bets for me

Just curious, didn't someone day Sits was injured? Several weeks ago I remember a discussion about whether he was really injured or just lost his spot and no one seemed to know for sure. Did anyone ever actually find out?

I think IMG’s coach said that when he benched him trying to cover up that he sucks..

Yup. Which should also kill any contrarian argument about how we'd hurt relationships with IMG coaches if we drop Sitkowski. How could they take exception to us dropping him when they themselves benched him for playing terribly? Have to imagine they understand he's more of a Rutgers-level recruit than a Miami one.

yXprGKj.gif

Why would IMG coaches take exception if Miami dropped Sitkowski when they themselves benched him for playing terribly? They've seen his struggles firsthand and decided he wasn't good enough to start for their HS team.

And it's not like they benched one of their five-star players in favor of another five-star player at the same position. They benched Sitkowski for someone who will be a preferred walk-on at Minnesota.

this point is spot on. I mean, IMG wont start him but they expect UM to give him a scholarship?

They wouldn't be bothered in the slightest. They're professionals at their job and I'm sure have kept our coaches in the loop regarding a recruit of ours.

As a high school coach, the quickest way to turn off college coaches is to try and be a slick used car salesman with their players. Sell enough bad goods, the coaches won't be by to check out their kids in the future.

IMG has the most talent in the country, they'll get him somewhere, I would be somewhere small unless we crazily still take him.

Why would IMG coaches take exception if Miami dropped Sitkowski when they themselves benched him for playing terribly? They've seen his struggles firsthand and decided he wasn't good enough to start for their HS team.

And it's not like they benched one of their five-star players in favor of another five-star player at the same position. They benched Sitkowski for someone who will be a preferred walk-on at Minnesota.

this point is spot on. I mean, IMG wont start him but they expect UM to give him a scholarship?

It really isn't. First off, his coaches at IMG covered up and claimed he was injured for weeks to protect his scholarship. Why would they go through the trouble if they didn't give a ****? Second, IMG is less a school and more a sports academy. Their whole business model is predicated on getting kids scholarships and contracts. They are incentivized to have their kids get scholarships at p5 schools.

Advertisement

It really isn't. First off, his coaches at IMG covered up and claimed he was injured for weeks to protect his scholarship. Why would they go through the trouble if they didn't give a ****? Second, IMG is less a school and more a sports academy. Their whole business model is predicated on getting kids scholarships and contracts. They are incentivized to have their kids get scholarships at p5 schools.

OK, but you dont think in their own minds( after all, they did bench him) that this kid simply isn't that good?

OK, but you dont think in their own minds( after all, they did bench him) that this kid simply isn't that good?

Of course not -- they know who he is. I just don't think that keeps the staff from being self-interested, especially not at that "school."

Advertisement
Back