Sits talking trash about our offense last Spring

Advertisement
Those who said we should wait until he gets to IMG to form an opinion, please don't ever try and talk QB recruits in the future.

Shoulda been all in on DTR from the very start. That's the only blemish as of now in this year's class

Where were the QB's for Toledo, Duke and Syracuse ranked coming out of high school? Were they ranked higher than Sits? This board would have been full meltdown if we had offered those kids. Not disagreeing with anyone when it comes to doubt but to say he is straight garbage when our offensive coaches have evaluated him a lot more than most here have is a bit of a stretch. Most of the 2018 QB's are pretty much spoken for so unless you guys see a very low ranked kid that's a stud or someone flips we are pretty much keeping sits I think.

forget rankings..he got benched in favor of a ,minnesota preferred walk on who has outplayed him. There are kids in fla that are better than him that we can grab honestly. its not life or dseath..but its been proven with qbs. i have yet to see a qb with poor hs numbers become something in college

Where were the QB's for Toledo, Duke and Syracuse ranked coming out of high school? Were they ranked higher than Sits? This board would have been full meltdown if we had offered those kids. Not disagreeing with anyone when it comes to doubt but to say he is straight garbage when our offensive coaches have evaluated him a lot more than most here have is a bit of a stretch. Most of the 2018 QB's are pretty much spoken for so unless you guys see a very low ranked kid that's a stud or someone flips we are pretty much keeping sits I think.

forget rankings..he got benched in favor of a ,minnesota preferred walk on who has outplayed him. There are kids in fla that are better than him that we can grab honestly. its not life or dseath..but its been proven with qbs. i have yet to see a qb with poor hs numbers become something in college

So offer the walk on? Maybe more to the situation than we know. The 21st ranked qb in the country is getting “benched” by a Minnesota commit that no one is begging to flip. Do they both suck? I’m just saying we should trust the staff. Maybe sits rides pine for 3 years and becomes a stud, maybe he comes here and we can’t keep him off the bench. He will get his shot. I’m sure we’ve had worse back ups at the very least. Plenty of Nattys won with qb’s that are watching on Sunday like me.

Advertisement

So offer the walk on? Maybe more to the situation than we know. The 21st ranked qb in the country is getting “benched” by a Minnesota commit that no one is begging to flip. Do they both suck? I’m just saying we should trust the staff. Maybe sits rides pine for 3 years and becomes a stud, maybe he comes here and we can’t keep him off the bench. He will get his shot. I’m sure we’ve had worse back ups at the very least. Plenty of Nattys won with qb’s that are watching on Sunday like me.

Every cycle you're recruiting a QB to be the starter, not a glorified backup. The thing that people can't grasp is that being a Division 1 QB, whether starter or backup, had a modicum of success at the HS level at bare minimum. Sits hasn't had that. He threw more picks than TDs when he played up north in a wing-T offense, which is hard to do. The Sits crew then said that he'd perform better when he had an offense that was suited for him and had talent around him. He plays at IMG that's loaded with 4 and 5 star kids. Not even a quarter into the year, he gets benched for a kid that's going to walk on at Minnesota.

Sits got his ranking because he's athletic and looks great at these camps and 7-on-7 events. The big issue is when the pads come on and he has guys coming at him ready to hit him. He doesn't have that mental fast twitch firing that QBs naturally posses. QB coaches are meant to teach you mechanics, fundamentals, an offense, making the right reads and going through your progressions, etc... They can't teach the aforementioned mental aspect.

Before you say you'll trust Richt's opinion over mine - that's fine. But Richt, like all other coaches, doesn't have a 100% success rate with QBs.

There's no need whatsoever for putting the word benched in quotes. Sitkowski was benched after going 5-of-13 for 10 yards and 2 INTs against Miami Central. He threw more INTs than TDs through the midway point of the season at IMG before losing his job to Annexstad. Sitkowski's only been inserted into games in mop-up time ever since and barely sees the field because the new starter has outplayed him.

Sitkowski's production was terrible as a junior in New Jersey and it was terrible again surrounded by a legitimate all-star cast of premier talent at IMG this year. This isn't about there being more to the situation than meets the eye.

How much more proof do you need that Pickowski sucks? I tried to tell you guys last year that we shouldn't be recruiting a QB who goes 5 TDs to 10 INTs in HS no matter where he does or who he's throwing to.

Then, as if that wasn't enough, he gets to IMG surrounded by the most talent in HS football, and he turns into a bigger diarrhea spigot watering the field with his liquid excrement.

And some of you cats are still playing the "well, what if..." game with this guy? Not every big dude with a strong arm is going to be a good P5 QB.

You don't take 1 QB in a class with the idea of him being a career backup/practice arm. So, all that "he can hold the clip board" **** is retarded. If that's what you're planning with this guy, then you better bring in another QB.

Advertisement
I still do knot think Sits will b in this class. I have to belize Preacher has learned from some of his QB recruiting misfires at Gagaw.

How much more proof do you need that Pickowski sucks? I tried to tell you guys last year that we shouldn't be recruiting a QB who goes 5 TDs to 10 INTs in HS no matter where he does or who he's throwing to.

Then, as if that wasn't enough, he gets to IMG surrounded by the most talent in HS football, and he turns into a bigger diarrhea spigot watering the field with his liquid excrement.

And some of you cats are still playing the "well, what if..." game with this guy? Not every big dude with a strong arm is going to be a good P5 QB.

You don't take 1 QB in a class with the idea of him being a career backup/practice arm. So, all that "he can hold the clip board" **** is retarded. If that's what you're planning with this guy, then you better bring in another QB.

Respect everyone's opinion on here. Never played the game either just a loyal fan. Just trying to figure out what the staff sees or doesn't see with him. I would also guess if you wet the bed that bad you would get dropped. If he stays best of luck.

I have to believe Richt knows things are not working out with Ints and he is looking at other options. Not that I have much evidence of that, but with the way Ints has performed this year (and last year) it just does not appear like he's the type of QB a top 25 program carriers on scholarship. Just seems like he's a P5 body and arm combined with FBS wits and instinct.

That being said, this is a tough spot for Richt, since I have to believe he'd love to establish a pipeline with IMG and dumping a recruit so late in the cycle may risk ****ing people off at IMG. I wouldn't be surprised if there are guys at QB Richt's been talking to and waiting for the late offer. Ideally, another QB commits here, Ints takes the hint and announces he is "opening up his recruitment," Ints gets picked up by some desperate p5 school, and there are no hard feelings.

Why would IMG coaches take exception if Miami dropped Sitkowski when they themselves benched him for playing terribly? They've seen his struggles firsthand and decided he wasn't good enough to start for their HS team.

And it's not like they benched one of their five-star players in favor of another five-star player at the same position. They benched Sitkowski for someone who will be a preferred walk-on at Minnesota.

Advertisement
That dumpster fire in the middle of the state could use a QB.let them have him.Kid DOES NOT belong anywhere around this program.

Why would IMG coaches take exception if Miami dropped Sitkowski when they themselves benched him for playing terribly? They've seen his struggles firsthand and decided he wasn't good enough to start for their HS team.

And it's not like they benched one of their five-star players in favor of another five-star player at the same position. They benched Sitkowski for someone who will be a preferred walk-on at Minnesota.

this point is spot on. I mean, IMG wont start him but they expect UM to give him a scholarship?

In college I'd rather have a 6'1 athletic QB that was ultra productive in highschool and has a great feel for the game than a potential high ceiling QB like Sitz or Milton that doesn't...

My concern is that Richt sees how he's been able to develop Rosier and is busy dreaming about what he can do with Schitzthebedski

Advertisement

Ben Rothlisberger is the only one that comes to mind

Either you knew what was coming or I need to have you start placing bets for me

Just curious, didn't someone day Sits was injured? Several weeks ago I remember a discussion about whether he was really injured or just lost his spot and no one seemed to know for sure. Did anyone ever actually find out?

I think IMG’s coach said that when he benched him trying to cover up that he sucks..

Yup. Which should also kill any contrarian argument about how we'd hurt relationships with IMG coaches if we drop Sitkowski. How could they take exception to us dropping him when they themselves benched him for playing terribly? Have to imagine they understand he's more of a Rutgers-level recruit than a Miami one.

Advertisement
Back