Sitkowski to Rutgers

Advertisement
Eason coming.

He'd basically be a 2019 commit though, so theres not much of a point, especially from his perspective because Nkosi Perry (or Cade Weldon) might have locked down the starting job by then.

I think theres like a 1% chance Eason transfers here.

Sitkowski would sit next year, as would Eason.

Who cares about sitkowski.
The point is that any Qb recruit that comes here from the 2018 class has the opportunity to win the job and actually play (especially if they EE).
Eason no matter what can't play.

I'm not saying they will play or anything, but if you are Eason why would you want to come to Miami when you can transfer to any number of schools that you can at least play at and will give you a shot to make the NFL

This was destined to be Alan Hall 2.0. This is best for everyone involved...

Alan Hall from Middleburg if I'm not mistaken. An Erickson recruit right? 1992? I believe he is coaching somewhere.

Whoa, accidentally down-voted. Sorry. Yeah, Hall was on the 91 title team, then transferred. Not sure he was a RS or not. I dont think he ever took a snap at UM

Mr. Alan Hall | sanjoseprep.org

Mr. Hall is returning for his fourth year here at San Jose as the Executive Director after spending 18 years as a college football coach, administrator, and professor. Mr. Hall also served his country in the United States Army as an intelligence analyst for 3 years. After graduating from Middleburg High School, Mr. Hall went on to play football at the University of Miami where he was part of a National Championship team in 1991. Mr. Hall is married with 2 children, a 10 year old daughter named Zoe and a 5 year old son named Conner. Mr. Hall holds a Master's of Arts in Teaching from the University of West Alabama and is currently pursuing his Doctorate in Education.

Freshman Quarterback Leaves Um
February 25, 1992|By RANDALL MELL, Staff Writer
Alan Hall, a redshirt freshman quarterback for the Miami Hurricanes, has withdrawn from school saying he is unhappy and that he may transfer to another school.

Hall would have been the third-team backup behind starting senior Gino Torretta and third-year sophomore Frank Costa when spring drills begin March 17.

``Alan Hall has left school for personal reasons,`` coach Dennis Erickson said in a statement. ``We wish him luck.``

Hall was a Street & Smith All-American quarterback at Middleburg High outside Jacksonville and a first-team All-State selection. He withdrew from school Thursday and returned to his mother`s home in Middleburg. He did not return a message left at his home on Monday night.

``I`m just not happy, and I felt like the best thing for me to do was leave,`` Hall told the Florida Times-Union. ``I`ve been asked by many people what`s in store, and I do not know.``

Hall left school briefly three weeks ago for family reasons but told Erickson he would be back and play in the spring. He told the Times-Union he had not yet contacted other schools.

``College football is still a possibility,`` he said. ``I will contact other colleges in the next month. There`s really nothing negative I can say about Miami.``

Hall said UM`s signing this spring of Chris Walsh, an All-American high school quarterback from St. Paul, wasn`t a factor in his leaving. Last year, highly touted Bryan Fortay transferred away from Miami. The `Canes are left with Torretta, Costa and redshirt freshman Ryan Collins.

IIRC, he transferred to Portland St after UM.

BTW, I thought for sure Chris Walsh was gonna be the guy after watching his clips on Scholastic Sports America on ESPN(which was then hosted by a young Chris Fowler) LOL. Then he got that hitch and it ruined his career...

Yep! Chris Walsh and his hitch! Like you I also thought Walsh would be a star. About the hitch in his throwing motion, didn't he already have it in high school? I vaguely remember some fans bashing Errickson for trying to correct the hitch instead of leaving it alone. Is that the way it happened? I'm not sure.

Advertisement
Just seen this... Lol

WOW! So, Pete clearly knew more than he could tell us, because this has been in the works for several months.

Sitkow did not belong at Miami was not Miami caliber by any standard. I don't think I've ever seen a QB be terrible for both his Junior & Senior year and then somehow turn into a good QB in College.

Now, let's go get a real ****** QB please... Casey Thompson, DTR, Jarren Williams, Justin Rogers, **** even Jordan Travis (D$), if we decide to flip him from LVille.

All I know, is I'm glad Richt wasn't so stubborn that he was willing to take a kid that has literally never had more than a 1:2 TD to INT ratio.

He simply wouldn't be able to handle Miami level competition & would've been a kid that would get homesick and wanna transfer after a year here anyway.

Just seen this... Lol

WOW! So, Pete clearly knew more than he could tell us, because this has been in the works for several months.

Sitkow did not belong at Miami was not Miami caliber by any standard. I don't think I've ever seen a QB be terrible for both his Junior & Senior year and then somehow turn into a good QB in College.

Now, let's go get a real ****** QB please... Casey Thompson, DTR, Jarren Williams, Justin Rogers, **** even Jordan Travis (D$), if we decide to flip him from LVille.

All I know, is I'm glad Richt wasn't so stubborn that he was willing to take a kid that has literally never had more than a 1:2 TD to INT ratio.

He simply wouldn't be able to handle Miami level competition & would've been a kid that would get homesick and wanna transfer after a year here anyway.

He did not belong here but what in the blazes did Richt see in this kid to begin with is what I'm curious about.

Advertisement
Jack Tuttle OR Brevin White from California.

Those are my top 2 QB choices to take Sitkowski's place.

Richt knows way more than I do, but I cannot imagine what was seen in the kid to offer him in the first place.

I've run the numbers for a lot of QB's and not one of them produced in college while playing as poorly in high school as this kid did. Even wing-T kids had better peripheral numbers than this kid does.

This is as happy as I ever remember being for a decommitment.

Advertisement
To be honest, we should have dropped him a month ago. He doesn't have the goods. Richt should make a pitch at Justin fields or Matt Corral. I actually think we have a legitimate shot to get Matt Corral.

"we should have dropped him a month ago"

Who says we didn't?

Richt knows way more than I do, but I cannot imagine what was seen in the kid to offer him in the first place.

I've run the numbers for a lot of QB's and not one of them produced in college while playing as poorly in high school as this kid did. Even wing-T kids had better peripheral numbers than this kid does.

This is as happy as I ever remember being for a decommitment.

More athletic version of Gray Crow?

Advertisement
Why not take a run at Gerry Bohanon- #11 DT qb, doesn't seem to be committed yet?

Also I know Corral has character issues, but you'd think that a deeply religious guy like Richt would want to take a chance on developing the young man. If he cleans his act up, he's a top 3 qb. If he doesn't, you kick him off team and haven't lost anything compared to Sits since he wasn't going to ever start anyways. High risk, high rewards, but this is the type of player that coaches who run tight ships (Belicheck, Saban) get the most out of. I'd like to think Richt is one of those coaches.

Just seen this... Lol

He did not belong here but what in the blazes did Richt see in this kid to begin with is what I'm curious about.
Christian Hackenberg

Looks the part, prototypical size, good release & looks great in 7v7 in the Under Armor Olympics.

But, when the lights are on, he's not a natural, he doesn't have a feel for the game, he's needs a perfectly clean pocket to make throws, but under pressure he's a deer in the headlights.

You don't expect perfection, he's still young & has a lot to learn about the game, but it's just that you don't see him doing anything that stands out & makes you think despite bad play that he can sustain and become a good QB.

With Perry, you saw it, he has the "It" factor. Even with minimal talent around him he looked phenomenal & made plays where there weren't any. I'm not just talking about scrambling, I mean making throws under pressure & droppin straight dimes all over the field.

He didn't have great WR's, or a good OL, he had was Justin Watkins. Sitkow had a plethora of weapons & still panicked in the pocket when the pressure was on. His OL & OC didn't help him, but he was just plain bad.

He was never gonna play here anyway, Richt did the right thing pushing him out. He'll go to Rutgers & play plenty, they'll stay perennial losers & he'll put up average numbers against the B1G while they get stomped every week by the rest of the conference lol.

But does he start for his HS team?
Touch

Foster is blowing up. Both LSU and FSU want him. Not sure what you're seeing but he's having an incredible senior year and has great film.

He'd be a huge get
I'm not saying I don't like him, because I actually do.
He throws a beautiful tight ball. He's big, mobile and has great moves in the open field. I love how athletic he is. I also really like how he doesn't drop his eyes when there is pressure and when he scrambles he keeps his eyes downfield.

I just really question his accuracy because he struggles with it in camps, not just the game.

Gotcha.

He reminds me of Rosier as a HS senior, except more athletic and with a better feel for the QB position.

Doesn't have Rosiers balls or heart

I'm not talking about message board banter between fans.

I'm talking about grown men on a kid's twitter openly talking trash to the young man.

Every fan base has idiotic grown men on twitter saying ridiculous things though. This shouldn't really be a surprise to recruits.

I think the "grown" and "men" that say ridiculous things like that have nothing to do with "grown" and "men."

Just "dumb" and "dumber." At times, I wish it was their kid getting ripped - and maybe one day what goes around will come around.

Advertisement
Back