Sitkowski to Rutgers

Advertisement
Can't Eason do what the Bama QB Barnett did last year?

He went JUCO I think the 2nd week of the season, wasn't eligible to play until the 2nd game this season (might have been a certain date).

0CBBCCB9-1E07-499D-B15D-AA71A47F25C1.jpg

DTR’s stats

Advertisement
I'm not talking about message board banter between fans.

I'm talking about grown men on a kid's twitter openly talking trash to the young man.

Another poster said it a few days ago.

Those are extremist weirdos that represent a very small percentage of the real fan base.

I consider the real fans the ones that show up to games and those that contribute to the program. The vast majority of those don’t talk at kids on Twitter. They know where the line is, and they don’t cross it.

Even on this message board. How many real fans you think we got? Guys that either go to games, contribute, or both. I can guarantee you it’s way less than 50%

The moral of the story is, these kids, recruits, have to understand and distinguish between real fans, that will support them, and not badmouth them if they make a different decision, and fake fans that post shīt to make themselves feel good.

This was destined to be Alan Hall 2.0. This is best for everyone involved...

Alan Hall from Middleburg if I'm not mistaken. An Erickson recruit right? 1992? I believe he is coaching somewhere.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Alan Hall from Middleburg if I'm not mistaken. An Erickson recruit right? 1992? I believe he is coaching somewhere.

Whoa, accidentally down-voted. Sorry. Yeah, Hall was on the 91 title team, then transferred. Not sure he was a RS or not. I dont think he ever took a snap at UM

Advertisement

Whoa, accidentally down-voted. Sorry. Yeah, Hall was on the 91 title team, then transferred. Not sure he was a RS or not. I dont think he ever took a snap at UM

Mr. Alan Hall | sanjoseprep.org

Mr. Hall is returning for his fourth year here at San Jose as the Executive Director after spending 18 years as a college football coach, administrator, and professor. Mr. Hall also served his country in the United States Army as an intelligence analyst for 3 years. After graduating from Middleburg High School, Mr. Hall went on to play football at the University of Miami where he was part of a National Championship team in 1991. Mr. Hall is married with 2 children, a 10 year old daughter named Zoe and a 5 year old son named Conner. Mr. Hall holds a Master's of Arts in Teaching from the University of West Alabama and is currently pursuing his Doctorate in Education.

Freshman Quarterback Leaves Um
February 25, 1992|By RANDALL MELL, Staff Writer
Alan Hall, a redshirt freshman quarterback for the Miami Hurricanes, has withdrawn from school saying he is unhappy and that he may transfer to another school.

Hall would have been the third-team backup behind starting senior Gino Torretta and third-year sophomore Frank Costa when spring drills begin March 17.

``Alan Hall has left school for personal reasons,`` coach Dennis Erickson said in a statement. ``We wish him luck.``

Hall was a Street & Smith All-American quarterback at Middleburg High outside Jacksonville and a first-team All-State selection. He withdrew from school Thursday and returned to his mother`s home in Middleburg. He did not return a message left at his home on Monday night.

``I`m just not happy, and I felt like the best thing for me to do was leave,`` Hall told the Florida Times-Union. ``I`ve been asked by many people what`s in store, and I do not know.``

Hall left school briefly three weeks ago for family reasons but told Erickson he would be back and play in the spring. He told the Times-Union he had not yet contacted other schools.

``College football is still a possibility,`` he said. ``I will contact other colleges in the next month. There`s really nothing negative I can say about Miami.``

Hall said UM`s signing this spring of Chris Walsh, an All-American high school quarterback from St. Paul, wasn`t a factor in his leaving. Last year, highly touted Bryan Fortay transferred away from Miami. The `Canes are left with Torretta, Costa and redshirt freshman Ryan Collins.

Hall marvels at Tebow's achievement | Jacksonville.com
Published Tuesday, November 27, 2007

At 34, Alan Hall can see things much clearer now than he did when his life as a golden-boy quarterback disintegrated.

To gain a true appreciation for what the University of Florida quarterback has done this season, look at it through the eyes of the anti-Tim Tebow. Hall was a 6-foot-5, 230-pound quarterback that was once a big star in Northeast Florida, only to see it fizzle out in college because he didn't have the maturity to lead a national powerhouse, much less become a Heisman Trophy favorite.

"I look back sometimes and say 'what if,' but if you do that too much, you drive yourself nuts," said Hall, who just completed his second year as the offensive coordinator at East Mississippi Community College.

In 1991, Hall seemingly had a bright future after the former Middleburg High star enrolled at the University of Miami. His dropback style was ideal for Miami's system, but the environment and Hall's family situation made for a volatile mix.

For every Tebow, there are just as many blue-chip recruits who never make it for myriad reasons. Hall, who still has a 1991 national championship ring as Miami's redshirted third-team quarterback, lasted only six months with the Hurricanes.

"I went from a small-town, structured environment to a big city and I was out of control," Hall said. "I did a lot of partying. There wasn't anybody checking on you to make sure you were going to class on a daily basis.

"I love my parents to death, but they separated four or five times, and then Dad left for good after I went to Miami. There was a lot more thrown at me than I expected. I didn't have anywhere to turn to help me through that. I just snapped and ran away."

Hall spent the next three years trying to resurrect his football career and mend an estranged relationship with his father. He stayed for one quarter at a junior college in Iowa, then transferred for 18 months to Lindenwood College, an NAIA school in Missouri. He flunked out, then drove to Texas to patch things up with Dad before joining the Army.

"I hit rock bottom when I left Lindenwood," Hall said. "I was as close to being a full-blown alcoholic as you can be."

That was a lifetime ago. Hall's in a much different place now. He minimized his alcohol use after going into coaching in 1995 and quit entirely two years ago. After holding nine coaching jobs in the last 13 years, Hall is looking again after EMCC head coach Roger Carr was fired two weeks ago.

At least Hall, who threw for 5,488 yards and 57 touchdowns at Middleburg, can handle unemployment now better than he did trying to live up to a star quarterback's hype as a teenager. That's why he marvels at what Tebow has accomplished in his second season at Florida.

"To do what he's done in that [Southeastern Conference] is amazing," Hall said. "His numbers are sick. He's doing both what rushing quarterbacks do at Air Force and passing quarterbacks at BYU. He's doing things nobody has ever done."

Hall didn't have the stability or support system to make it big at Quarterback U. He lost his way before eventually finding an inner peace in coaching that eluded him in college.

The Alan Hall story is a road with a lot of speed bumps, which makes Tebow's journey to a potential Heisman all the more astounding.

For star quarterbacks, it's never as easy as it looks.

Last edited:

Mr. Alan Hall | sanjoseprep.org

Mr. Hall is returning for his fourth year here at San Jose as the Executive Director after spending 18 years as a college football coach, administrator, and professor. Mr. Hall also served his country in the United States Army as an intelligence analyst for 3 years. After graduating from Middleburg High School, Mr. Hall went on to play football at the University of Miami where he was part of a National Championship team in 1991. Mr. Hall is married with 2 children, a 10 year old daughter named Zoe and a 5 year old son named Conner. Mr. Hall holds a Master's of Arts in Teaching from the University of West Alabama and is currently pursuing his Doctorate in Education.

Freshman Quarterback Leaves Um
February 25, 1992|By RANDALL MELL, Staff Writer
Alan Hall, a redshirt freshman quarterback for the Miami Hurricanes, has withdrawn from school saying he is unhappy and that he may transfer to another school.

Hall would have been the third-team backup behind starting senior Gino Torretta and third-year sophomore Frank Costa when spring drills begin March 17.

``Alan Hall has left school for personal reasons,`` coach Dennis Erickson said in a statement. ``We wish him luck.``

Hall was a Street & Smith All-American quarterback at Middleburg High outside Jacksonville and a first-team All-State selection. He withdrew from school Thursday and returned to his mother`s home in Middleburg. He did not return a message left at his home on Monday night.

``I`m just not happy, and I felt like the best thing for me to do was leave,`` Hall told the Florida Times-Union. ``I`ve been asked by many people what`s in store, and I do not know.``

Hall left school briefly three weeks ago for family reasons but told Erickson he would be back and play in the spring. He told the Times-Union he had not yet contacted other schools.

``College football is still a possibility,`` he said. ``I will contact other colleges in the next month. There`s really nothing negative I can say about Miami.``

Hall said UM`s signing this spring of Chris Walsh, an All-American high school quarterback from St. Paul, wasn`t a factor in his leaving. Last year, highly touted Bryan Fortay transferred away from Miami. The `Canes are left with Torretta, Costa and redshirt freshman Ryan Collins.

IIRC, he transferred to Portland St after UM.

BTW, I thought for sure Chris Walsh was gonna be the guy after watching his clips on Scholastic Sports America on ESPN(which was then hosted by a young Chris Fowler) LOL. Then he got that hitch and it ruined his career...

Last edited:
Advertisement
Kids about to go into the Fortay where are they now blackhole that is Rutgers. Enjoy doormat status while we find someone that can actually start for their high school team.

Advertisement
Back