JUCO 2024 Sione Laulea JUCO CB

I do find it interesting how people complain about our recruiting in certain positions. Now, it’s our CB recruiting that is the focus point on CIS. Just a few months ago, Mario couldn’t land a WR to save his life. Let’s be patient and let the man work. Something tells me, we will be just fine.
You will find the majority of those people are those that have an already pre-determined position on Mario and him being the HC. You can even tell with the posters on here that preface their posts with "keeping it real". Regardless of context, of big picture, of circumstances or just the simple fact that when you go "big game hunting" you will land less than half of who you go after unless you are only the current 3 upper echelon programs.

Simply put those posters are just looking for any justification to prove to everyone here that they are right and Mario sucks and was a mistake. They will throw in the bs statement of "I want to be wrong" but the majority of them actually want to be right so they can say "I told you so" it is sad and pathetic.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Perhaps Joe Salave’a will demonstrate why he should remain on staff.
yea Mario brough ol joe here to land corner backs......mannnn smh Once yall get something put out there yall latch on to that sh*t. This kid was offered by Addae. Brought to Addae by a connection of his that is the HC or a coach at the juco...but he is the reason Salavea should remain on staff?.

Advertisement
yea Mario brough ol joe here to land corner backs......mannnn smh Once yall get something put out there yall latch on to that sh*t. This kid was offered by Addae. Brought to Addae by a connection of his that is the HC or a coach at the juco...but he is the reason Salavea should remain on staff?.

I think you missed the part of the conversation where I said Salavea adds value if he can continue to recruit polynesian players. He would probably recruit CBs about as well as he does DTs. Doesn't matter if Addae offered, chances are nil that he'd be able land him on his own.

[BGCOLOR=initial]It's well established that recruiting Polynesian players is a lot different than recruiting other players from other ethnic backgrounds. Y[/BGCOLOR][BGCOLOR=initial]ou need to have either a polynesian coach or someone who really understands the culture (Mormons, especially ones who did their missions in Polynesia seem to do well). If Salavea was not on staff last year I dont think Cristobal gets the Mauigoas. And last I checked, Salavea isnt the OL coach either. Right now it looks like we're going to have to go into the portal for DTs. I don't think Salavea is recruiting DTs very well. It might not totally his fault though - DTs command massive NIL $$$ and he might just be getting priced out. [/BGCOLOR]

Last edited:
You took your mask off and she saw your nose…😝
Happy Big Brother GIF by MOODMAN

LMMFAO

I think you missed the part of the conversation where I said Salavea adds value if he can continue to recruit polynesian players. He would probably recruit CBs about as well as he does DTs. Doesn't matter if Addae offered, chances are nil that he'd be able land him on his own.

[BGCOLOR=initial]It's well established that recruiting Polynesian players is a lot different than recruiting other players from other ethnic backgrounds. Y[/BGCOLOR][BGCOLOR=initial]ou need to have either a polynesian coach or someone who really understands the culture (Mormons, especially ones who did their missions in Polynesia seem to do well). If Salavea was not on staff last year I dont think Cristobal gets the Mauigoas. And last I checked, Salavea isnt the OL coach either. Right now it looks like we're going to have to go into the portal for DTs. I don't think Salavea is recruiting DTs very well. It might not totally his fault though - DTs command massive NIL $$$ and he might just be getting priced out. [/BGCOLOR]
it was worded inferring that he is essentially needed on this kid and if he doesnt come thenhe has no worth on staff.

I just pointed out he is an ADDAE recruit..he is polynesian though.

If all we get is the 2 Mauigoa bros that alone has proved the worth. We have been in th egame with more polynesians than ive ever seen...and getting more visits at least. So if we land Ahfua doe Joe get the credit or Mario?.

And just like when Rumph was here...folks also blamed MANNY for having the cb cupvboard bare...will it happen after Mario said its personal with him or?.

The DT game your going to always need your money right because thats who land them..its essentially why the sec remains pretty much how they are because **** near all their schools would pay top dollar for a dt b4 nil.

I like Horton last class, i love Jones...need 2 more dawgs at DT IN THIS CLASS. I dont think Joe is some recruiting savant or that good but if he can land us some guys and keep us in play on the west coast with polys yearly im cool. Also im a huge proponent on going for a portal DT yearly honestly.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back