JUCO 2024 Sione Laulea JUCO CB

These comments are always odd to me.

It’s like either these kids are close minded or someone painted a completely different picture of Miami to these kids. Most likely someone in their ear negatively.

Maybe I’m reading into too much, but some of the comments come off like the expectations were very low coming in.

“Opened my eyes”

“Helped me get a better sense of Miami”

“Visit Helped me with Miami”
But Laulea very specifically said "Far better the second time around and loved the progress I've seen in the program since my first visit."

It begs the questions..... When was his first visit? And..... What exactly has changed since then?

Advertisement
And its the truth....

i spoke witht he te committed to uga out of Gibbons earlier this spring coming off of a visit to um.....and right then i was like huh?.

Even kids from s.fla...he was basically saying he didnt expect the campus to be so nice, and similar comments to what you stated.

Its some real low expectations and most ppl from out of state actually think we are a state school of some sort in the hood.
It’s strange. I started to pick up on it this year more so than other years. There must be some ridiculous negative recruiting going on or kids are just flat out stupid. Maybe both lol.

But these kids will visit a school in the middle of BFE!

Advertisement
It’s strange. I started to pick up on it this year more so than other years. There must be some ridiculous negative recruiting going on or kids are just flat out stupid. Maybe both lol.

Been known this..thats why other coaches dont want the kids to visit Miami. When they realize Miami is in the Gables and like some suburbia Utopia, their minds are blown. Which is also why Cristobal want them on campus as much as possible. We have a hood image. Also why the parents coming on mother's day was huuuuge

I think most people believe what they want, recruits included (though they are more impressionable than an adult).

Advertisement
Probably will stay on West coast. But we definitely are not making it an easy decision.
Gaby seems to think that Penn State is the school to worry about FWIW. He's a Bay Area kid and Mario apparently has recruited his JUCO hard going back to his days at Oregon, so I don't necessarily think it's a layup that he stays out west.

Advertisement
Gaby seems to think that Penn State is the school to worry about FWIW. He's a Bay Area kid and Mario apparently has recruited his JUCO hard going back to his days at Oregon, so I don't necessarily think it's a layup that he stays out west.
Penn State is really trying to go national this year and capitalize on the Allar + Singleton + Chop Robinson + Abdul Carter, etc. hype train. If they win 10 games, watch out. They’re in it for a ton of guys.

Their kryptonite is that Manny is always good for a couple losses or three.

Penn State is really trying to go national this year and capitalize on the Allar + Singleton + Chop Robinson + Abdul Carter, etc. hype train. If they win 10 games, watch out. They’re in it for a ton of guys.

so is franklin
who i have never seen beat a team he wasnt supposed to beat

Advertisement

Their schedule is favorable too.. The defense was said to be strong point of team esp after spring game

Advertisement
Back