Since '99

Advertisement
[MENTION=3]LuCane[/MENTION]

were you on the miami-hurricanes.com board at all? i didnt start following miami recruiting closely until i joined that board around 2000-2001

I was/am. It's kind of a dead zone now which is why I don't post much over there anymore. I started off on CanesTime (2002 - post-Grassy) but I remember the good ol' days of Augie and Burt (Chise) and GR8 and Deis and the gang. Back when Bakas' opinion meant something lol.
Canebone, not dead, just different. Slower in off season.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Used to be a member of the original "Grassy" board. I remember the incredible excitement around Vernon Carey and Andre Johnson in '99. Dorsey, Andre Johnson, Carey, Portis and Mckinnie were all part of that class. I remember thinking Jason Geathers was going to be a superstar, too. Mo Sikes had finished dominating at Pace.

I'm not saying the 2017 class will produce the same results, because we have no real idea, but it's been a really long time since there is a collective "holy ****, is this really turning around" on the message boards for die hards.

If things go mostly as planned and rumored, this may be the most spectacular recruiting finish in the history of the Miami Hurricanes football program. Last step would be to execute with the abundance of talent coming in.

I remember those days. How ****ed we all were about that **** PSU game (they were #1 and we had their ***). I wasn't so much mad about the Chafie Fields play, as much as the hose-job I thought we got when Kenny Kelly tried to run for the first down. I was sure he made it, if replay was a thing I think we win that game.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Used to be a member of the original "Grassy" board. I remember the incredible excitement around Vernon Carey and Andre Johnson in '99. Dorsey, Andre Johnson, Carey, Portis and Mckinnie were all part of that class. I remember thinking Jason Geathers was going to be a superstar, too. Mo Sikes had finished dominating at Pace.

I'm not saying the 2017 class will produce the same results, because we have no real idea, but it's been a really long time since there is a collective "holy ****, is this really turning around" on the message boards for die hards.

If things go mostly as planned and rumored, this may be the most spectacular recruiting finish in the history of the Miami Hurricanes football program. Last step would be to execute with the abundance of talent coming in.

I remember those days. How ****ed we all were about that **** PSU game (they were #1 and we had their ***). I wasn't so much mad about the Chafie Fields play, as much as the hose-job I thought we got when Kenny Kelly tried to run for the first down. I was sure he made it, if replay was a thing I think we win that game.

After graduating, i went back to Beaver Stadium to see the Canes when they came up. All day i wore my blue and white to tailgate with old friends, but as we got ready to walk to the game, i took off my sweatshirt and revealed my Dorsey jersey. I caught so much **** but it was so worth it when at halftime it was 30-0.

[MENTION=3]LuCane[/MENTION]

were you on the miami-hurricanes.com board at all? i didnt start following miami recruiting closely until i joined that board around 2000-2001

I was/am. It's kind of a dead zone now which is why I don't post much over there anymore. I started off on CanesTime (2002 - post-Grassy) but I remember the good ol' days of Augie and Burt (Chise) and GR8 and Deis and the gang. Back when Bakas' opinion meant something lol.

Wow ghost... you and Lu are really taking it back. Especially the part of "when Bakas opinion meant something...LOL

I have to admit, this year it's starting to feel like those days, everybody wanted IN. It feels great to have a Head Coach Who Knows How to Do IT.

(That's what she said)

Pay boards are ultimate low class. No chance I'd ever join. You've got to to be a fool to pay to read someone else's opinion, or pay to have them read yours. It's a haven for low self esteem, the type who believes a receipt validates their worth, their status.

For decades in La Vegas I was treated to opinions and angles from ultra sharp guys who specialized in every aspect of sports analysis, from personnel to situational trends to recognizing value, etc. So now I'm supposed to shell out cash to read the latest rant from bar stool types. Sure.

Not to say there aren't ultra sharp guys here also. The overall level is not as high. Nor should it be. When cash is on the line you filter out the vulnerables and the conventional wisdom.

I got voted into a pay VIP section of a Dolphins site about a decade ago but posted only a few times, once I sampled the tone. Those guys seemingly joined VIP solely to mock the level of the main board, one they labeled "The Zoo." Meanwhile the main board was every bit the caliber of VIP, and exponentially more interesting and entertaining. The hilarious aspect was the guys on the main board didn't care at all about VIP. The topic never came up. But in lower trafficked VIP the main board was a daily obsession. And I've seen that dynamic many other forums, regardless of specialty.

Anyway, I agree that the late indications and logic are atypically favorable. Let's hope it holds up. As always I'm not a believer in comebacks. Comebacks are for suckers. Richt needs to establish a program that secures a top class early and maintains it. That's where the margin for error attaches. If every season you rely on 5 or 6 key guys making up their mind in the final days, by sheer logic and math you can't prevail often enough.

Besides, the '99 example can't be fully reproduced because the Orange Bowl isn't coming back. That building was worth 1.5 bonus points per game, and more than that in key games, as I've demonstrated via decades of comparison.

Advertisement
Pay boards are ultimate low class. No chance I'd ever join. You've got to to be a fool to pay to read someone else's opinion, or pay to have them read yours. It's a haven for low self esteem, the type who believes a receipt validates their worth, their status.

For decades in La Vegas I was treated to opinions and angles from ultra sharp guys who specialized in every aspect of sports analysis, from personnel to situational trends to recognizing value, etc. So now I'm supposed to shell out cash to read the latest rant from bar stool types. Sure.

Not to say there aren't ultra sharp guys here also. The overall level is not as high. Nor should it be. When cash is on the line you filter out the vulnerables and the conventional wisdom.

I got voted into a pay VIP section of a Dolphins site about a decade ago but posted only a few times, once I sampled the tone. Those guys seemingly joined VIP solely to mock the level of the main board, one they labeled "The Zoo." Meanwhile the main board was every bit the caliber of VIP, and exponentially more interesting and entertaining. The hilarious aspect was the guys on the main board didn't care at all about VIP. The topic never came up. But in lower trafficked VIP the main board was a daily obsession. And I've seen that dynamic many other forums, regardless of specialty.

Anyway, I agree that the late indications and logic are atypically favorable. Let's hope it holds up. As always I'm not a believer in comebacks. Comebacks are for suckers. Richt needs to establish a program that secures a top class early and maintains it. That's where the margin for error attaches. If every season you rely on 5 or 6 key guys making up their mind in the final days, by sheer logic and math you can't prevail often enough.

Besides, the '99 example can't be fully reproduced because the Orange Bowl isn't coming back. That building was worth 1.5 bonus points per game, and more than that in key games, as I've demonstrated via decades of comparison.

:monkey-serious:

When you actually summon the balls to put up ONE Vegas play beforehand, maybe someone will actually read the sewerage you post.

Otherwise, your spiel is worthless garbage. :laughing-1::laughing-1:

:monkey-serious:

When you actually summon the balls to put up ONE Vegas play beforehand, maybe someone will actually read the sewerage you post.

Otherwise, your spiel is worthless garbage. :laughing-1::laughing-1:

upvoted

Assy Booger is a bloviating gasbag. Dude hasn't ever made a single pick in advance here.

Even when we had rep betting he never put down. I hope I get to sit close to him at one of the games this year I'll give him a knuckle sandwich.

Advertisement
CraZcane and Juggsy

Hurricane Icee was a solid dude

Everyone hated bomb.

Who was the super pessimistic depressed guy?

Everyone still hates bomb.

**** I chose the wrong screen name. What was that dudes boggle?

General bullsh!tter with pretense of greater insight and authority than majority of posters. Was like a broken clock and would pull off a prescient thought once a year or so to prevent banning until a couple of years ago. Maybe dude was autism spectrum because I can recall agreeing with him once or twice and still wanting to go Mike Tyson on him because of his bullsh!t.

He's worse than the guy who shot Dimebag Darrell on stage in my book. Though I'd listen to trade offers for brock any day of the week.

Last edited:
CraZcane and Juggsy

Hurricane Icee was a solid dude

Everyone hated bomb.

Who was the super pessimistic depressed guy?

Everyone still hates bomb.

**** I chose the wrong screen name. Never heard of this bomb assclown. What was that dudes issue?

Bomb and Original Canes Fan were the two biggest admin *** kissing, sunshine pumping, Don Bailey Jr disciples in the history of any Canes message boards.

We're talking about certifiable retards that vehemently defended Coker, Shannon, and I'm sure Golden (most of us migrated over here by that time). Titanic type ****, going down with the ship and attempting to justify their ****tard logic til the very end when each were fired.

I remember you over there with Randomwalk, Bakas, and many others. I agree completely.
Right. That was already Canestime. I was actually still playing football in HS when I'd read guys like MedleyCane (diff name back then), AUCane, DeisCane, Franchise, TheSwagger, Dynasty and so many others in the late 90s. That original grassy website was nuts. You had a bunch of legitimate freak die hards basically bottled up on a single board reviewing Recruiting magazines and newspaper articles.

About 20 years later, I just now felt that "****, is this really turning around again?" Because when Coker pulled his big class, we were on top. When we pulled the 2008 class, it was mostly formulated going into January. All of a sudden here, it's raining puzzle pieces in 2017.

Whatever. Just happy to experience this again. Still a lot to be done on the actual field, of course.

Also a grassy member here... i have that class on vhs tape remember you could buy the vcr tapes i think it cost me 30-40 bucks id buy it from harry at all canes via the grassy site every year

Advertisement
Back