Since '99

Advertisement
CraZcane and Juggsy

Hurricane Icee was a solid dude

Everyone hated bomb.

Who was the super pessimistic depressed guy?

Everyone still hates bomb.

If I remember correctly bomb brought good insight to the board but was just a little rough around the edges. Kinda reminds me of Franchise (no offense franchise). If you have thick skin and can handle a little back and forth, he was ok. But if you were a little sensitive you didn't like him. I believe he was what people stereotype as a "typical New Yorker" lol It's been 20 yrs so I could be way off here.

We have college football playoff talent coming in. Combine that with a college football playoff coaching staff and the sky is the limit for this team

I may not have these spelled right, but some other posters on Grassy.

Slapgatorsandnoles (mod), sigmar (played at UM), CanesReigns (mr. grammar), ease1e (his dad played at UM), scejas (channel 7, videoed some signings for us on NLID), jwdazed, ace64 (war room), ibisgirl (mod), and 2 of her sisters (Sucane and ?), esfnyc, ...

Advertisement
CraZcane and Juggsy

Everyone hated bomb.

Everyone still hates bomb.

If I remember correctly bomb brought good insight to the board but was just a little rough around the edges. Kinda reminds me of Franchise (no offense franchise). If you have thick skin and can handle a little back and forth, he was ok. But if you were a little sensitive you didn't like him. I believe he was what people stereotype as a "typical New Yorker" lol It's been 20 yrs so I could be way off here.

Bomb brought good insight into the libtard facist mind...guy was a f...g loser...idiot tried to friend me on facebook the other day...smh

Slapgatorsandnoles (mod), sigmar (played at UM), CanesReigns (mr. grammar), ease1e (his dad played at UM), scejas (channel 7, videoed some signings for us on NLID), jwdazed, ace64 (war room), ibisgirl (mod), and 2 of her sisters (Sucane and ?), esfnyc, ...

I still chat with ibis girl on fb and on occasion scejas

IMG_2101.jpg

Njtoflacsne at applachain st game ...was amazing

Advertisement
Used to be a member of the original "Grassy" board. I remember the incredible excitement around Vernon Carey and Andre Johnson in '99. Dorsey, Andre Johnson, Carey, Portis and Mckinnie were all part of that class. I remember thinking Jason Geathers was going to be a superstar, too. Mo Sikes had finished dominating at Pace.

I'm not saying the 2017 class will produce the same results, because we have no real idea, but it's been a really long time since there is a collective "holy ****, is this really turning around" on the message boards for die hards.

If things go mostly as planned and rumored, this may be the most spectacular recruiting finish in the history of the Miami Hurricanes football program. Last step would be to execute with the abundance of talent coming in.

I remember you over there with Randomwalk, Bakas, and many others. I agree completely.
Right. That was already Canestime. I was actually still playing football in HS when I'd read guys like MedleyCane (diff name back then), AUCane, DeisCane, Franchise, TheSwagger, Dynasty and so many others in the late 90s. That original grassy website was nuts. You had a bunch of legitimate freak die hards basically bottled up on a single board reviewing Recruiting magazines and newspaper articles.

About 20 years later, I just now felt that "****, is this really turning around again?" Because when Coker pulled his big class, we were on top. When we pulled the 2008 class, it was mostly formulated going into January. All of a sudden here, it's raining puzzle pieces in 2017.

Whatever. Just happy to experience this again. Still a lot to be done on the actual field, of course.

Surprised you didn't mention Cogs (RIP).
I'm told Dynasty lurks but haven't seen a post from him in a very long time. If you're out there Dynasty, this site is ready to talk actual football.
Thanks Lu

Ibisgirl's other sister was ibiscool.

The Lounge in the early 2000's was probably the best time I ever had on any message board. It was a much more wholesome version of the WEZ with alot of interesting discussion. At the time it was the best off-topic board on any scout forum. Back when the rivalry was alot more civil, we even had quite a few FSU fans who would post regularly.

If it's somehow possible to dig up the "What do you look like?" thread , that ran a couple hundred pages at the time, most of the regulars from that board posted pics of themselves there.

Last edited:
Randy's NW class was pretty hyped. But did not live up to expectations. Also remember one class that Coker had that was loaded with highly rated guys (the DE from Wisconsin; LB/FB from PA); that flopped too.

But we haven't had a class like this in a long time.

That's why I say be excited we're getting top talent like we supposed to, but allow the kids to practice before designating them super stars. That said I'm hyped as **** about Squad 2017 and their potential impact because I know we have gotten a lot better. I would love to attend practice because the competition will be intense!

Advertisement
Used to be a member of the original "Grassy" board. I remember the incredible excitement around Vernon Carey and Andre Johnson in '99. Dorsey, Andre Johnson, Carey, Portis and Mckinnie were all part of that class. I remember thinking Jason Geathers was going to be a superstar, too. Mo Sikes had finished dominating at Pace.

I'm not saying the 2017 class will produce the same results, because we have no real idea, but it's been a really long time since there is a collective "holy ****, is this really turning around" on the message boards for die hards.

If things go mostly as planned and rumored, this may be the most spectacular recruiting finish in the history of the Miami Hurricanes football program. Last step would be to execute with the abundance of talent coming in.

I remember you over there with Randomwalk, Bakas, and many others. I agree completely.
Right. That was already Canestime. I was actually still playing football in HS when I'd read guys like MedleyCane (diff name back then), AUCane, DeisCane, Franchise, TheSwagger, Dynasty and so many others in the late 90s. That original grassy website was nuts. You had a bunch of legitimate freak die hards basically bottled up on a single board reviewing Recruiting magazines and newspaper articles.

About 20 years later, I just now felt that "****, is this really turning around again?" Because when Coker pulled his big class, we were on top. When we pulled the 2008 class, it was mostly formulated going into January. All of a sudden here, it's raining puzzle pieces in 2017.

Whatever. Just happy to experience this again. Still a lot to be done on the actual field, of course.

Also a grassy member here... i have that class on vhs tape remember you could buy the vcr tapes i think it cost me 30-40 bucks id buy it from harry at all canes via the grassy site every year

NJcane- Yes, I remember those. I have a couple late 90's ones and some early 2000's ones laying around somewhere. They were great.

Ran into canes forever randy banner at app st game ...he has something for texas a/m for whatever reason along with the canes

CraZcane and Juggsy

Everyone hated bomb.

Had to be BigBlueCane. He was a good dude, but he NEVER had anything positive to say about the Canes. I'll never forget that time on Grassy when bakas basically said something like, "you know it was a bad recruiting class when BigBlueCane's class prediction was the most accurate." LOL

Advertisement
I was on that grassy board but almost never posted (different name). I was in high school and just liked to read.

I used to envision RandomWalk like Donald Trump because he'd always tell us about flying on his private jet.

Hilariously, Donald Trump is now President.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I remember those days, I never posted but followed recruiting news. The first player I remember us losing in those early days was Andre Carter in 1997. He was a legacy kid (Rubin Carter) and it came down to us and Cal, most people thought he'd choose is due to his dad but when he didn't people moved on not like today when you see a100 page meltdown by all the snowflakes cause a running back from D.C. chooses Maryland. Better days.

CraZcane and Juggsy

Everyone hated bomb.

Had to be BigBlueCane. He was a good dude, but he NEVER had anything positive to say about the Canes. I'll never forget that time on Grassy when bakas basically said something like, "you know it was a bad recruiting class when BigBlueCane's class prediction was the most accurate." LOL

I was going to suggest Able Cane, if I am not mixing up posters, he was always pretty negative.

And there was CityBoy - actual screen name was CityBoy<something> but I can't remember the something part - man he was something else; would get everyone riled up.

Advertisement
Back