Signs of hope

If we can win a decent bowl game over a quality opponent, Richt will have already accomplished more here than the last couple regimes, even though it would be a disappointing season overall. Sad but true.

Congrats for out performing guys who are not currently employed in a HC capacity. Again, out performing garbage is not an accomplishment. The defense is not good because we're accomplishing more than Golden and D. They're good because the results are actually ***ing good.

I am hoping that we can win the bowl game, make the obvious changes with the staff and move forward into next season.

Let's not forget that we finished 8-4 during the regular season last year. That schedule was harder and those kids essentially coached themselves. Sad but true.

Advertisement
I don't know why 8 wins makes a team "decent". I don't know why it is an accomplishment to beat a "decent" team either.

In case you've been in a coma, we've sucked balls for over a decade. Beating decent teams is a step in the direction to get back to where we used to be. How many 8/9 win teams did Golden beat?

So outperforming chit is an accomplishment, interesting.

Side note: In case you've been in a coma, we went 8-4 during the regular season last year against a harder schedule and they had essentially no coaching.

We suck ,you suck , we all suck , we get it.

Cool beans

Here's the deal.

8-4 was below my expectations considering our overall talent base and strength of schedule.

Having said that, this team faced a crucial point after the gut wrenching disappointment in losing to an inferior ND team, and in the depressing way we lost. This was our fourth straight loss.

We were limping into the last third of the season beaten and demoralized. In my mind, there would've been no doubt, if this had been an Al Golden coached team, with an Al Golden psyche, we would've lost most likely two or three of the last four games. That has been the MO for years now. Finish poorly.

But then, we played maybe our best game of the year agains a not-bad Pitt team. We came out and dominated them. In my opinion, that turned the season around. Lose to Pitt, go under 500, and who knows what would've happened from there.

So I'll take our last four games as a positive sign.

No, this year's record wasn't really acceptable, and three of those four losses honestly were unacceptable as well. Having said that I still think there is room for optimism. Now it's on to win a bowl game.

I don't know why 8 wins makes a team "decent". I don't know why it is an accomplishment to beat a "decent" team either.

In case you've been in a coma, we've sucked balls for over a decade. Beating decent teams is a step in the direction to get back to where we used to be. How many 8/9 win teams did Golden beat?

Side note: In case you've been in a coma, we went 8-4 during the regular season last year against a harder schedule and they had essentially no coaching.

Yeah we also got raped in multiple games last year. There wasn't a game this year where we weren't competitive. Just because you can't see the strides the program made this year doesn't mean they didn't happen. This program is in much better shape.

We also started, what, 5 true freshmen on defense today? For most teams that would be a reasonable excuse to go 5-7.

Advertisement

Yeah we also got raped in multiple games last year. There wasn't a game this year where we weren't competitive. Just because you can't see the strides the program made this year doesn't mean they didn't happen. This program is in much better shape.

A moral victory argument (how many times were we raped), awesome. Is anyone saying the program isn't in better shape by the way? Please let me know. I am curious who really thinks the program isn't in better shape under Richt over ALbortion?

A moral victory argument (how many times were we raped), awesome. Is anyone saying the program isn't in better shape by the way? Please let me know. I am curious who really thinks the program isn't in better shape under Richt over ALbortion?

I really have no idea what you're ing about. Have a good night bro

We also started, what, 5 true freshmen on defense today? For most teams that would be a reasonable excuse to go 5-7.

We returned 10/11 starters on offense. The difference is R. Scott for A. Richards.

For most teams that would NOT be a reasonable excuse to lose 4 straight games and average 19 points in those games.

If we can win a decent bowl game over a quality opponent, Richt will have already accomplished more here than the last couple regimes, even though it would be a disappointing season overall. Sad but true.

Let's not forget that we finished 8-4 during the regular season last year. That schedule was harder and those kids essentially coached themselves. Sad but true.

Clever attempt at mockery. You can deny deny deny all you want...if you're comparing this team to last year, we got absolutely blown the **** out in two games and lost to ******* Cincinnati. I don't give a **** if the "schedule was harder" according to some computer calculation. Who the **** cares. This team improved and if you can't see it we'll obviously I'm not going to be able to help you see it.

Advertisement
Result in the bowl game will go a long way to shaping the offseason narrative, especially among recruits. A loss, and it's "Same old Canes. When will we be back?" A win, and it's "Old School Canes! We Back!" We're all well acquainted with the 7/8/9 win team that loses their bowl game.

I really have no idea what you're ing about. Have a good night bro

Read slower.

Jesus, Consigliere is a man possessed. Maybe if you post enough, people will all of a sudden not feel good about our 4 game winning streak anymore. I'm awful confused in what your goal is? I don't see anyone saying this season was a resounding success, just that the last 4 games give reason for optimism going forward. Why are you so adamantly against that?

Clever attempt at mockery. You can deny deny deny all you want...if you're comparing this team to last year, we got absolutely blown the **** out in two games and lost to ****ing Cincinnati. I don't give a **** if the "schedule was harder" according to some computer calculation. Who the **** cares. This team improved and if you can't see it we'll obviously I'm not going to be able to help you see it.

So a moral victory argument (losing by less is an accomplishment).

I know the team improved, on defense. The team dramatically improved there. The team also returned 10/11 starters on offense and we only were able to average 19 points in our 4 losses.

Of course you don't care that the schedule was harder, it goes against your argument.

Improvement is what Justin Fuente did at VT. That is an actual improvement.

Advertisement
Jesus, Consigliere is a man possessed. Maybe if you post enough, people will all of a sudden not feel good about our 4 game winning streak anymore. I'm awful confused in what your goal is? I don't see anyone saying this season was a resounding success, just that the last 4 games give reason for optimism going forward. Why are you so adamantly against that?

Read his arguments slower. It'll make sense.

My posts are clear. I am disappointed at our performance this year on offense. I am disappointed at our performance in those 4 losses. I am amazed that people don't see Fuente at VT and go how come they can do it in year 1? This team had the talent to win more games and the coastal.

I am hopeful that Richt realizes where the major issue lies and that he fixes it this off-season.

So click ignore and/or down vote if you don't like it.

Oh I see, you're enamored with Justin Fuente. The same Fuente who lost to Georgia Tech, Syracuse, and Tennessee.

Yes, he improved their record but still lost three games. Should have lost to ND also. But their QB isn't a choking dog like ours.

Advertisement
Oh I see, you're enamored with Justin Fuente. The same Fuente who lost to Georgia Tech, Syracuse, and Tennessee.

Yes, he improved their record but still lost three games. Should have lost to ND also. But their QB isn't a choking dog like ours.

Yes "enamored". No, he just proves that you can come in and win the awful coastal in year one.

Fuente also beat UNC and went 6-2 in the coastal. How come you didn't bring that up?

He also beat Richt bad. How come you didn't bring that up?

They also have vastly inferior talent overall, how come you didn't bring that up?

Yes "enamored". No, he just proves that you can come in and win the awful coastal in year one.

Fuente also beat UNC and went 6-2 in the coastal. How come you didn't bring that up?

They also have vastly inferior talent overall, how come you didn't bring that up?

Good grief.

Go Canes

Good grief.

Go Canes

Does that mean simply accomplishing more than the potatoes who preceded Richt isn't a reason to get off?

we also lost by 58 one game, and basically 50 another game

but you go ahead and leave that part out

Advertisement
Back