Signs of hope

Mico Jones

Positivity!
Banned
Not gonna celebrate an 8-4 season especially when looking back we should have won at least 2 of 4 in the October stretch of games.

However, when was the last time that we finished a season strong? This is certainly a hopeful sign that finally this program has turned it around. Also, our performance in the third quarter of games seems to indicate that we no longer have a corching staff. We actually make good adjustments.

Will Richt bring us a title ? Who knows. But under him I believe we will finally compete at a high level consistently and no longer be a laughing stock.

Hopefully he can come through in the recruiting game like he did in Georgia. Hopefully, he learned some tricks from Bobby Bowden the closer and gets us a super class.

All in all I'm very happy with the fact that we finished so strong in these 4 last games.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Season showed nothing. The last 4 teams we played were awful.

Next year will tell us what we need to know.

Lack of talent is not an excuse anymore

For sure. We got better i think. We did not get blown the **** out in any game like we used to..We got a lot to build on for next year, and with a bowl win we will have some major momentum.

Decent season for 1St year.....although those who doubted Richts ability to win the big game those doubts remain. Our OL was so horrid this year though that I'm giving him a pass...... The Ol must be addressed in the offseason

Advertisement
The most encouraging signs are the fact that the staff isn't afraid to make adjustments. Both in the game and in the lineups, especially oline

Advertisement

Pitt and NC St. are actually pretty decent teams.

Pitt is 4th in the Coastal with a 8-4 (5-3) record

NC State is 4th in the Atlantic with a 6-6 (3-5) record

What makes them decent?

For one they're 8-4. Second, they beat Penn St. Third, Clempsun.

What makes them decent?

Pitt beat psu and Clemson. They are a decent squad.

Advertisement

What makes them decent?

Pitt beat psu and Clemson. They are a decent squad.

So 4th in the coastal is decent?

How about NC State?

I don't know why 8 wins makes a team "decent". I don't know why it is an accomplishment to beat a "decent" team either.

The best thing I saw this season is adjustments from coaches on offense and personnel they are not stubborn.

Advertisement
I don't know why 8 wins makes a team "decent". I don't know why it is an accomplishment to beat a "decent" team either.

In case you've been in a coma, we've sucked balls for over a decade. Beating decent teams is a step in the direction to get back to where we used to be. How many 8/9 win teams did Golden beat?

In case you've been in a coma, we've sucked balls for over a decade. Beating decent teams is a step in the direction to get back to where we used to be. How many 8/9 win teams did Golden beat?

So outperforming chit is an accomplishment, interesting.

Side note: In case you've been in a coma, we went 8-4 during the regular season last year against a harder schedule and they had essentially no coaching.

Good grief people. 8-4 is a **** record. Yes, we all get that. But for me - I also know what my eyeballs told me I saw, and that was a team that got BETTER as the season went on and not worse. Quality of competition was meh, but they were conference opponents and meaningful games. We finished strong - and that alone is an improvement and a sign that we are pointed in the right direction.

At this point I will take what I can get.

If we can win a decent bowl game over a quality opponent, Richt will have already accomplished more here than the last couple regimes, even though it would be a disappointing season overall. Sad but true.

I think there are signs of hope, just like the OP said. It's somewhat encouraging, although with our program it always seems like progress is met with some other bull**** that keeps us from getting over the hump. Let's hope all of that is behind us.

So outperforming chit is an accomplishment, interesting.

Side note: In case you've been in a coma, we went 8-4 during the regular season last year against a harder schedule and they had essentially no coaching.

We suck ,you suck , we all suck , we get it.

Advertisement
Back