SIAP (Scrimmage Tonight?)

Advertisement
Advertisement
I believe stacking is more about leverage than beating the DB. The WR wants to essentially box out the DB, so the QB can throw to the outside shoulder and the WR still has room to make the catch.

(I could be 100% wrong, I dont claim to be a coach or technician)
It’s the leverage. The reason that play wouldn’t have been a PI is because they were not in phase meaning rambo was winning the foot race. Rambo had TS stacked & on top of that it’s a perfect ball. It’s the same as a “box out” for a rebound in basketball

Advertisement
Sad really. He was a stud in HS. The light just never came on. Compare his HS film to college tape and it’s like two completely different players. He was a heat seeking missile.
The palm beach defensive prospects have all been like that lately…
Mccloud
Carter
Hall

all were heat seaking mussels on film but at Miami jags

I believe stacking is more about leverage than beating the DB. The WR wants to essentially box out the DB, so the QB can throw to the outside shoulder and the WR still has room to make the catch.

(I could be 100% wrong, I dont claim to be a coach or technician)
Stacking is what is sounds like.
If the receiver has a step on the DB you try to get on top of him on the go route so hes chasing.
So you're partially right about boxing out, but not entirely, because you wouldn't throw the outside should here, this is straight downfield shot.

Advertisement
Mccloud
Carter
Hall

Other than the UNC game Carter has been a heat seeking missile, hence the 15 yard penalties he always gets and the ejections.
Rewatching games from last year, he was a pretty good tackler. As the penalties mounted up he started trying to not crush guys and his tackling progressively got worse.
Hopefully striker suits him better.

Advertisement
Mccloud
Carter
Hall

Only one of those guys was a a real blue chipper and that was Hall. Everyone wanted him. Carter was always slow.

Advertisement
Back