SIAP (Scrimmage Tonight?)

@Cribby he actually says Keontra looks “great.” This is literally 10 minutes after he was hammering on Jennings and saying Cave and Flagg should be the starters. I’ll get the scoop later. He isn’t a super technical FB guy - just a big booster who bleeds orange and green.
Drop the scoop later bro. Wanna hear all about the trenches…

Advertisement
Advertisement
hope so. He’s got to do a lot better than Clemson 2020. I like Rhett lots and expect him to has leaned from that game/good defense
Unless he had a gameplan tucked away that made the interior of the line better and his two outside WRs not get bullied by man press there was no gameplan that was gonna get the job done. Just so happens that against Bama the two guards will be different and so will the two outside WRs. So we'll see how it goes.

Advertisement
hope so. He’s got to do a lot better than Clemson 2020. I like Rhett lots and expect him to has leaned from that game/good defense
I wonder if he learned that he needs receivers capable of winning one on one match ups and fighting for the ball………or if he already knew that.

Unless he had a gameplan tucked away that made the interior of the line better and his two outside WRs not get bullied by man press there was no gameplan that was gonna get the job done. Just so happens that against Bama the two guards will be different and so will the two outside WRs. So we'll see how it goes.

he will be facing a much better front 7 than Clemson 2020 .. stronger and faster.

Creativity, RB motions, two TE sets, 4 WR plus Malory in motion…. Just saying … we will need lots of that and more.

I TRUST him to be better.

In my opinion Rhett is the key of this game for us. We have to keep the offense on the field, we need to score to be in the game.

Advertisement
he will be facing a much better front 7 than Clemson 2020 .. stronger and faster.

Creativity, RB motions, two TE sets, 4 WR plus Malory in motion…. Just saying … we will need lots of that and more.

In my opinion Rhett is the key of this game for us. We have to keep the offense on the field, we need to score to be in the game.

We're going to have to sling it like Mullen/Trask did. Not winning this game on the ground.

Creativity doesn't beat Bama. All that deception only lasts for so long. They lose or get challenged when outside WRs make plays. After Renfro ate them alive they stop leaning on big safeties/small LBs to cover the slot. They will challenge our guys just like Pitt does and just like Clemson did. Wanna back them off? Smith and Rambo have to make plays and hopefully Redding gets a couple of back shoulder receptions to scare them. The interior OL has to hold up too. The creativity has to be based off something. If we can't execute basic stuff there is no getting to that.

Advertisement
Stacked is when the receiver gets by the db and is running directly in front of him, making it hard for the db to make a play. Usually on go routes
I believe stacking is more about leverage than beating the DB. The WR wants to essentially box out the DB, so the QB can throw to the outside shoulder and the WR still has room to make the catch.

(I could be 100% wrong, I dont claim to be a coach or technician)

Advertisement
Back