SIAP: Mizzou Players (supposedly) Refusing To Play

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is just a racist. Anytime race is discussed its considered 'liberal'. And conservatives wonder why they can't get minority votes.

Advertisement
I think I'd rather discuss if there's a scenario where this puts Pinkel in play. That said, kudos to these kids (regardless of your view of the actual situation) if they're wanting to act like actual student-athletes and are taking a stand for something they deem worthy of acting upon on that campus. They (and the coaches) just need to be willing to accept any sacrifice that comes with such a stand. This wouldn't exactly be like Lebron taking a posture involving no personal risk or sacrifice and wearing a t-shirt during warm-ups.

FWIW, their coaches support them 100%. This isn't some new thing, there are some serious problems at Mizzou going back half a year or more. Faculty gave the admins a no-confidence vote recently as well. Anyone blindly lashing out at these kids for taking a stand have no clue what's happening there.

+

Advertisement
I don't understand some of you guys. These kids are human being and have the right the fight racism. You talk about revoking their scholarship as if these kids are some sort of piece of property while claiming that racism is over. If it takes them losing their scholarship for things to change, it's worth it. I support these young men 100%.

I support them transferring to UM.

University of Missouri president quits after faculty walks out

Univerrsity of Missouri students, athletes, and even some faculty are seeking the resignation of university systen president Tim Wolfe, who has been criticized for a perceived lack of response to racial incidents on campus. VPC

COLUMBIA, Mo. — The University of Missouri's president, Tim Wolfe, resigned Monday morning in the face of a walkout by faculty and a strike by football players who said he had done too little to combat racism on campus.

Wolfe made the stunning announcement at a special Board of Curators meeting Monday morning.

“I am resigning as president of the University Missouri system,” he said. “My motivation in making this decision comes from a love of Columbia where I grew up and the state of Missouri. I thought and prayed over this decision. It is the right thing to do … The frustration and anger I see is real and I don’t doubt it for a second.”

The situation had become so emotional that many members of the football team had even announced it would boycott team activities.

Before Wolfe's resignation, the faculty group issued a statement announcing plans for a walkout.

The resignation came as the system's Board of Curators was set to hold an emergency meeting on Monday morning in Columbia to discuss the growing crisis on the campus. They board vote in favor of accepting Wolfe's resignation.

“I take full responsibility for what has occurred," Wolfe said.

Students complaining about racially-fraught campus environment began protests at the university on Sept. 24, but the tense situation on campus had only recently begun to gain national attention.

More than 30 members of Missouri's football team announced Saturday that they would no longer take part in football-related activities while Wolfe was in power. Missouri football coach Gary Pinkel canceled practiced on Sunday and wrote on Twitter that he backed their efforts to force change at the school.

Univerrsity of Missouri students, athletes, and even some faculty are seeking the resignation of university systen president Tim Wolfe, who has been criticized for a perceived lack of response to racial incidents on campus. VPC

COLUMBIA, Mo. — The University of Missouri's president, Tim Wolfe, resigned Monday morning in the face of a walkout by faculty and a strike by football players who said he had done too little to combat racism on campus.

Wolfe made the stunning announcement at a special Board of Curators meeting Monday morning.

“I am resigning as president of the University Missouri system,” he said. “My motivation in making this decision comes from a love of Columbia where I grew up and the state of Missouri. I thought and prayed over this decision. It is the right thing to do … The frustration and anger I see is real and I don’t doubt it for a second.”

The situation had become so emotional that many members of the football team had even announced it would boycott team activities.

Before Wolfe's resignation, the faculty group issued a statement announcing plans for a walkout.

The resignation came as the system's Board of Curators was set to hold an emergency meeting on Monday morning in Columbia to discuss the growing crisis on the campus. They board vote in favor of accepting Wolfe's resignation.

Students complaining about racially-fraught campus environment began protests at the university on Sept. 24, but the tense situation on campus had only recently begun to gain national attention.

More than 30 members of Missouri's football team announced Saturday that they would no longer take part in football-related activities while Wolfe was in power. Missouri football coach Gary Pinkel canceled practiced on Sunday and wrote on Twitter that he backed their efforts to force change at the school.

Wow. And to think we sat through nearly 15 years of Shalala and this is all it would have taken.

Advertisement

Wow. And to think we sat through nearly 15 years of Shalala and this is all it would have taken.

a ***** democrat wont ever be voted out of anything.

Demand.jpg

a ***** democrat wont ever be voted out of anything.

Whatever our old troll was, unless you demand in more than words and verbal complaints, you'd never know what you can receive. I'd guarantee you that without the banners, Al Golden would still be coaching looking for that "coastal" title through the end of the year, just like Blake said.

Advertisement

She wasn't racist just didn't give a crap about football and wanted only a certain kind of people to represent the quality of her school!

She might as well have been.

Particularly since she did NOT want the type of player that was aggressive. And if they did come in aggressive with a bit of trouble or aggressive without prior trouble, the first sign of any aggression or trouble by this player at UM, then they'd be kicked off the team regardless; whether they'd be an Eddie Johnson, Gionni Paul, the LB duo or the skating Michael Wyche.

Again, your car finance dept's cute loan officer who you say is not a racist but then she throws all black car buyers to a stack for people that get high interest rates, regardless of their credit. And now you'd say she wasn't a racist just didn't care about a certain type of people issues, when all she wanted was quality income and profit coming in for her institution. A struggling white dude with poor credit may get tossed to a much higher rate stack than deserved, just as the Shalala-mandated Al Golden tossed our best white OL before the new season. Sure, not all tossed out or kept out were black but a great majority of those type of players were indeed black and, as a consequence, tossed to either the high rate stack or tossed out and or kept out UM. So, at the end of the day, what's the real difference?

Yeah right James Jackson, we should have put her *** on the banner just as we did her protege Al Golden, with the same demand that she gets fired or resigns because she did coddle Nevin Shapiro and all that Shapiro crap happened on her watch... and then she might have been fired just like that Missouri Prez.

Right, Left.... Doesn't make a difference what side your on if you ask me...

This is so ******* stupid. Good thing he was forced to resign, now racism will be over.

Advertisement
crossover22[]_[];2361107 said:
Where is al sharpron when you need him.

Probably chasing white women with jesse jackson.

Probably Smashing your Mother.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back