SIAP: Mizzou Players (supposedly) Refusing To Play

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Advertisement
The hunger strike things is stupid and overplayed. The same thing happened when i was in college. If someone wants to starve themselves.....please, feel free. People shouldn't cave in to such actions. Ideally, it's no different (on conceptual tactic) than a person holding a gun to their head threatening to harm themselves, standing on a bridge threatening to jump, or any of the other "cry for help/attention" scenarios, except that starving takes longer and most people will never see it through and never truly are at risk of harm.

If guys want to not play football for a school because of the President, that is entirely their choice and a sign of protest that makes sense. However, they need to understand that doing so can have consequences (like most things in the real world) and could cost them their scholarship. But at least that form of protest is respectable with a strong statement.

Last edited:
I mean it's really simple: recruits, don't go play for SEC teams. If you do, then don't complain when the campus is racist.

Advertisement
Basically. These recruits beg to play in these racist cities and then get mad when the true colors show every now and again.

I don't understand some of you guys. These kids are human being and have the right the fight racism. You talk about revoking their scholarship as if these kids are some sort of piece of property while claiming that racism is over. If it takes them losing their scholarship for things to change, it's worth it. I support these young men 100%.

FWIW, their coaches support them 100%. This isn't some new thing, there are some serious problems at Mizzou going back half a year or more. Faculty gave the admins a no-confidence vote recently as well. Anyone blindly lashing out at these kids for taking a stand have no clue what's happening there.

Advertisement
It amazes me how little so many know of historical sacrifices to promote change. Those who make silly little comments or suggest one should sacrifice their dignity for a scholarship are the ones supporting or committing racist acts. I applaud theses young people for standing for something of substance in the face of cowards and cowardice suggestions about a ******* scholarship like it's something greater than human dignity! Go ahead young collegians and bring the spotlight of publicity, questions, acknowledgement and your supporters on that coward of a president unwilling to act in a fair and responsible manner.

Advertisement
You young-uns must not be familiar with Miami's (the city) checkered history in this regard. 1980 ain't that long ago.

Where is al sharpron when you need him.

Probably chasing white women with jesse jackson.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back