SIAP - Kentucky Coach Mark Stoops Asked About Miami Coaching Job

Oh ok. Im also higher on Stoops than Mario.

I got Lane, Stoops, Mario if we are going with those 3.

I keep seeing people say can he recruit s.fla... UK recruits down here a bit with him as HC. I dont think recruiting would be a total problem for him here.
We have a development issue, we get a stable head coach and positive progress i fully expect an uptick. **** Manny last 2 classes have been pretty good imo
Pretty much - I think the U recruits itself in SoFl IF you demonstrate to the players that they're going to get developed and drafted here.

A killer recruiter helps for the next Cooper / Ridley et al, but even then it's no guarantee vs SEC bags.

Advertisement
****, let’s have some fun and bring in EdO as DLC lol

Thats actually a very good idea. As DL coach? Would be a grand slam. No many better recruiters in cfb. It's also an expendable position so if an explosive story comes out of his LSU tenure, you can cut him loose without much heart burn (can also write in something into his contract that if news comes out linking him to covering up violence against women by his players , he can be fired for cause). I have zero doubt he would be happy to work for Kiffin for a couple years and collect his massive buyout from LSU while kicking back in Miami.

Pretty much - I think the U recruits itself in SoFl IF you demonstrate to the players that they're going to get developed and drafted here.

A killer recruiter helps for the next Cooper / Ridley et al, but even then it's no guarantee vs SEC bags.

If Al Golden and his Pedo State stench could land SF studs I’m sure Stoops would do just fine

Partially recruiting, partially coaching. I think the recruiting rankings for the state of florida are all overblown. The current status of all of the in state programs supports that.

Too many whiffs on evaluations on top it, primarily in the trenches.

Coaching does us no favors.
This is fair. My mindset is more that the HC needs to associate the brand with certain qualities- development and wins being the biggest two.

With those established, combined with T-Rob, Hickson, Field type recruiting personnel, that is the combination that is difficult for recruits to turn down, whether the HC is a “Miami guy” or not.

If Manny can land top 15 classes, I’d feel confident Stoops could at least replicate that. Also it may difficult to pull top assistants to UK regardless of pay. Maybe he gets some guys to come on board if he’s at Miami as opposed to UK. I could be wrong but just my thought on coaching.

To further this.

Could Mario recruit top 10 classes at Kentucky? I seriously doubt anyone could, at least at jump.

I'm more concerned with how a team produces against their conference opponents in relation to their respective recruiting rankings. He's done pretty well in that department.

Advertisement
Miami is never going to sell its soul and bring in a guy with baggage like Freeze. It goes against the core principles of the University. And that is way more important than football wins and losses. Doesn't mean we can't find a great coach, but we're not going to go to the small handful of low quality humans in that pool to find the next guy. We are going to recruit a leader of young men. There is a reason Freeze is coaching where he is now. Same thing with a guy like Mike Leach. Non-starter. Mike will never get a better job than he has now, and frankly, only because Miss St. is ****** academic backwoods SEC school that has no chance of winning their conference and is 2nd tier is their little crappy state did he ever get a gig that good. Guy like them, Briles... forget it. I think Lane Kiffin is the ceiling as far as "baggage" goes for the Miami job. And I know some people would have to hold their nose to sign off.
I think you've got that the wrong way round, bud.

There aren't many Mark Richts coaching College football.

Partially recruiting, partially coaching. I think the recruiting rankings for the state of florida are all overblown. The current status of all of the in state programs supports that.

Too many whiffs on evaluations on top it, primarily in the trenches.

Coaching does us no favors.
I disagree with that - I apologise, I can't recall the name of the poster that does it during the non-Miami game threads, but teams around College football are usually loaded with SoFl players.

It's about evaluation and development - we've sucked at both for years.

He’d be a great hire, he could bring Liam with him as OC too.

Dunno if the horse money here lets him leave, though.

Advertisement
Miami is never going to sell its soul and bring in a guy with baggage like Freeze. It goes against the core principles of the University. And that is way more important than football wins and losses. Doesn't mean we can't find a great coach, but we're not going to go to the small handful of low quality humans in that pool to find the next guy. We are going to recruit a leader of young men. There is a reason Freeze is coaching where he is now. Same thing with a guy like Mike Leach. Non-starter. Mike will never get a better job than he has now, and frankly, only because Miss St. is ****** academic backwoods SEC school that has no chance of winning their conference and is 2nd tier is their little crappy state did he ever get a gig that good. Guy like them, Briles... forget it. I think Lane Kiffin is the ceiling as far as "baggage" goes for the Miami job. And I know some people would have to hold their nose to sign off.

Good post. At least there is recognition that Kiffins "transgressions" are not like the others. He's never committed a major violation or been involved in any sort of scandal involving violence against women (anyone with that in the background is out as a HC candidate). His one wrist slap was for calling Urban Meyer a cheater, which in my book gets him a checkmark in the "good" column.

Haven’t even read this thread.

This is all just meaningless fluff.

Most smart coaches, eith guidance from their agents, are not going to outright deny anything.

Care to know why?

Most of you smart people know why. Because it gives you the opportunity to leverage for greater salary and benefits. Oldest trick in the book in terms of employment.

This literally means nothing as far as the Miami job, for all we know, and it’s a real possibility, it’ll be a cold day in **** before he even considers Miami.

Most smart coaches, eith guidance from their agents, are not going to outright deny anything.

Care to know why?

Most of you smart people know why. Because it gives you the opportunity to leverage for greater salary and benefits. Oldest trick in the book in terms of employment.

This literally means nothing as far as the Miami job, for all we know, and it’s a real possibility, it’ll be a cold day in **** before he even considers Miami.

Lol you are a total Debbie downer with this coaching stuff man.

Care to know why?

You are correct. Leverage play at the very least.

But you give Mario “close to zero percent chance” but not quite 0 and now with Stoops, a cold day in ****, which to me sounds like 0% as well.

So who is likely to come here that is considered to be an above 1% chance in your book of coaches?

Advertisement
Lol you are a total Debbie downer with this coaching stuff man.

Not a Debbie downer at all. But people read too much into meaningless bullshlt. All he said is he didn’t want get into that.

What I said is perfectly logical. No coach is going to fully deny anything like this because it leaves them leverage to not rule it out. But he also didn’t say he was interested either so… make of it what you will. I just don’t think it means anything.

You are correct. Leverage play at the very least.

But you give Mario “close to zero percent chance” but not quite 0 and now with Stoops, a cold day in ****, which to me sounds like 0% as well.

So who is likely to come here that is considered to be an above 1% chance in your book of coaches?

I don’t think about it that much because we’re not at that point yet.

Like I’ve said before on numerous occasions Manny will get fired, but it might not be during the season unless there’s a real embarrassment.

Whatever name you come across to show me, I’m gonna respond “the field”.

But if you wanna pin me down, I think it’s some up-and-coming G5 coach maybe, maybe some lower level P5 coach that’s starting to uptick, and there’s a few other less glamorous names, but I think the likelihood of Mario or Stoops or Lane - it’s not super high. Unless it gets stocks toxic for Mario he is staying put, The other two, I don’t think are likely.

Take the field.

I don’t think about it that much because we’re not at that point yet.

Like I’ve said before on numerous occasions Manny will get fired, but it might not be during the season unless there’s a real embarrassment.

Whatever name you come across to show me, I’m gonna respond “the field”.

But if you wanna pin me down, I think it’s some up-and-coming G5 coach maybe, maybe some lower level P5 coach that’s starting to uptick, and there’s a few other less glamorous names, but I think the likelihood of Mario or Stoops or Lane - it’s not super high. Unless it gets stocks toxic for Mario he is staying put, The other two, I don’t think are likely.

Take the field.
Based on UM history, I’d agree but hope is a dangerous thing. I am clinging to hope as this has to finally change. It has to be different than before for once.

morgan freeman quote GIF

Advertisement
Stoops wouldn't win the press conference, but you'd get a **** good, tough product. I'd make sure he hired a legit OC, and enjoy the ride. You'd get a similar product to Mario, at a better price point. Take that money saved and pour it into support staff and assistants.

Your right
He’s just a pipe dream
He’s too perfect that the school would never do it
They have this weird idea that they are some pseudo Ivy League
I personally think it’s crazy that Brian Kelly can kill a student and no one seems to care and all freeze did was get caught getting some hoes for his recruits

Based on UM history, I’d agree but hope is a dangerous thing. I am clinging to hope as this has to finally change. It has to be different than before for once.

morgan freeman quote GIF

I don’t think we have to hire a splash coach.

I think we have to hire a good football coach with a good football mind, and who we determine can be an excellent recruiter and hopefully he brings someone with a progressive offensive mind that runs an up-tempo office but that’s my personal preference. Obviously the coach would also have to be a good manager of assistant coaches - that should go without saying.

The other formula is: we need to find investors in the program. Booster investors that’ll help us with recruiting and with financial support to support the infrastructure of the program. That’s gonna be the hardest part.

Additionally, the new coach doesn’t have to have any ties to Miami. Look at all the Miami national championship winning coaches, what were their original Miami ties?

Stoops wouldn't win the press conference, but you'd get a **** good, tough product. I'd make sure he hired a legit OC, and enjoy the ride. You'd get a similar product to Mario, at a better price point. Take that money saved and pour it into support staff and assistants.
Our biggest sense of pride is our back to back off season national championship
So I guess we’ll have to give up that crown

Advertisement
Back