SIAP Jimbo/Nick Saban beef

I'm not following your first point. Walk me through this.

Yes, NIL is a mess and yes it is 100% sustainable. The math always levels, just not for everybody.
What world has watched no rules, no limits work in the name of sports? So we got, no salary cap, no contracts, not even a luxury cap tax to make overbidding a little more painful. Kids can get it all at one school, millions in fact, and this has already happened, and simply jump in the magic portal and do it all again somewhere else.

Advertisement
Look at the data, that actually exists. BAMA is doing just fine in recruiting and continues to get first pick in the magic portal. Your definition of "competitive advantage" through direct booster payment to high school recruits is mythology. Pure theory that opposing teams are putting forth as the motive for the latest coach Saban-speak.
C’mon man.
Ignorant, naive, or lying.
Pick one.

What world has watched no rules, no limits work in the name of sports? So we got, no salary cap, no contracts, not even a luxury cap tax to make overbidding a little more painful. Kids can get it all at one school, millions in fact, and this has already happened, and simply jump in the magic portal and do it all again somewhere else.
Thats basically what Euro Soccer is right? What the NFL was (is?). MLB too?

Don't get me wrong, I'd like to see a vibrant CFB where 20-ish teams can be competitive and that wil need guardrails.

Saban, I'm convinced more each day, believes without those guardrails Bama can't participate or at the very least, he will face a leveled playing field he hasn't seen since NFL stint (and that went very poorly).

Deep inside, Saban scuuured. He scuuured bad.

Advertisement
You motherfūcker… you are coming on here and saying this with a straight face?

What in the holy fūck do you think you crackers have been doing for the last 15 or 20 years?

You have got to be fūcking kidding me that you just posted this.

An Alabama fan just came on here to complain that boosters are paying players to go to certain schools.

My head is spinning like a top.

@RVACane don’t ban this guy, this has got to be pinned forever. This sheer hypocrisy is mind-boggling
Every team cheats and some fans won't admit it. The bama cheating has been at an all time level since Nick got there. Everyone knows that except some delusional bama fans.

Thats basically what Euro Soccer is right? What the NFL was (is?). MLB too?

Don't get me wrong, I'd like to see a vibrant CFB where 20-ish teams can be competitive and that wil need guardrails.

Saban, I'm convinced more each day, believes without those guardrails Bama can't participate or at the very least, he will face a leveled playing field he hasn't seen since NFL stint (and that went very poorly).

Deep inside, Saban scuuured. He scuuured bad.
Watch this year's BAMA team closely and you will see zero signs of your assumptions. And I'll try not to hold my breath waiting for your prophecy to come to fulfillment. Something else you may want to keep an eye on and this is happening with greater frequency right now. How are coaches going to emotionally deal with the financial haves and have not in the locker room? What is the cost of team chemistry? How much time are coaches investing to keep the best players in the fold that have been in the program?

This isn't even a pro-free agency. A free agent can only bargain with a particular team and he's under a contract that clearly obligates him to that team regardless of what they are paying him. These kids can move like the wind blows, even after the millions of dollars payoff. Miami fans haven't seen that movie yet but it's coming for us all, like it just did for Ohio State. After a few of these disappointments, giving the inmates the financial keys to the asylum might not seem like the cute thing to do.

Name-calling is easy and somewhat lazy. Put your facts out there. How has this cost BAMA?
Are you kidding me? Are you denying that Bama and a couple others were dominating the pay under the table bag network? It’s hurting you because now other schools with big money people have proven more willing to step up and pay - and pay more than your good ole boy network can.

And yes, I’ll tell you it’s hurting. I’ll tell you what I read on the 247 gaytor board from their insider QueJay, who has been verified by Thomas Goldkamp as legitimately connected to gaytor staff, as to what he understands set Saban off, paraphrasing it: “Tony Mitchell flat out told Saban if Alabama can’t match the NIL offer(s) he’s getting from other schools, he’s not signing with Bama”.

Advertisement
Look at the data, that actually exists. BAMA is doing just fine in recruiting and continues to get first pick in the magic portal. Your definition of "competitive advantage" through direct booster payment to high school recruits is mythology. Pure theory that opposing teams are putting forth as the motive for the latest coach Saban-speak.
So you're saying that bama didn't pay for player prior to NIL? You seriously believe that or is it you're just sticking to the party line? It's not theory, there are people here and on twitter that have first hand knowledge you're missing with your head stuck in the sand. People know about bama, uga, clemson, and lsu.. you bagdad bob'ing the situation is laughable.

I didn't say the 'competitive' advantage was gone, I said it's going away.

Watch this year's BAMA team closely and you will see zero signs of your assumptions. And I'll try not to hold my breath waiting for your prophecy to come to fulfillment. Something else you may want to keep an eye on and this is happening with greater frequency right now. How are coaches going to emotionally deal with the financial haves and have not in the locker room? What is the cost of team chemistry? How much time are coaches investing to keep the best players in the fold that have been in the program?

This isn't even a pro-free agency. A free agent can only bargain with a particular team and he's under a contract that clearly obligates him to that team regardless of what they are paying him. These kids can move like the wind blows, even after the millions of dollars payoff. Miami fans haven't seen that movie yet but it's coming for us all, like it just did for Ohio State. After a few of these disappointments, giving the inmates the financial keys to the asylum might not seem like the cute thing to do.
If I'm right, Bama is a 2 loss team (regular season) within 3-4 years and might (ok probably) closer to Top 5 recruiting class than #1 (maybe even out of the top 5) As you know, putting the recruiting pipeline on a level playing field will take about that long to start having effects. Of course Bama will have a great team this year because they've had great recruiting 19-20-21. Bama will not have great teams relatively speaking, if/when their recruiting hauls are unsustainable 22-23-24.

In fact, USC, TAMU, and Miami better be closing or exceeding Bama in the rankings over the same stretch.

Again, I'm not saying there shouldn't be guardrails. But the present craziness can sustain for a select group of teams.

Thinking on this a bit more...

USC, TAMU, and Miami better have higher recruiting rankings than Bama by Y3 or something has gone very wrong and could be time to fly the banners.

Last edited:
Name-calling is easy and somewhat lazy. Put your facts out there. How has this cost BAMA?
I wasn’t name calling.

Ignorant-
Lacking knowledge, information, or awareness of a particular thing.

Naive-
Natural and unaffected, innocent.

I was responding to your “payments to HS recruits is mythology” statement.
If you don’t think players were getting paid prior to NIL, I don’t know what to say.

A former USC player stated on twitter that he was offered 6 figures from Alabama.
You’re on a site where many on here know these local top recruits….and there are a lot of them in South Florida.
Kids talk.

So, I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt.
I dub thee ”naive”.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Local appearances in an NIL deal limit the financial effects if they bolt. Do you think an $8m NIL deal for a QB is all front-loaded cash?

Then why is saban crying to his investors? What happened last year when saban couldn't trot out a massive talent advantage? hmmm

Advertisement

You're hysterical. Bama has been the pre-salary cap NY Yankees for decades now, wildly outspending its competition, buying championships with illegal IRS felony level payments to players. And NOW you're worried suddenly about caps because other programs have LEGAL, SCOTUS approved ways to compete?

Take a knee in some red ants, please.

Are you kidding me? Are you denying that Bama and a couple others were dominating the pay under the table bag network? It’s hurting you because now other schools with big money people have proven more willing to step up and pay - and pay more than your good ole boy network can.
Prove it?

And yes, I’ll tell you it’s hurting. I’ll tell you what I read on the 247 gaytor board from their insider QueJay, who has been verified by Thomas Goldkamp as legitimately connected to gaytor staff, as to what he understands set Saban off, paraphrasing it: “Tony Mitchell flat out told Saban if Alabama can’t match the NIL offer(s) he’s getting from other schools, he’s not signing with Bama”.
So what? Some kids are pure mercenary in spirit. They always have been. That's not a collective or even healthy look at high school recruiting. Look at the caliber of athlete BAMA just brought in? If BAMA was so inclined, they could pick the cream of the crop of 25 transfer players every season and forget high school recruits and win big time. And for the record, BAMA has finished behind Georgia a few times, Ohio State, and some others in recruit rankings and still managed some serious hardware. Offer the kids the moon. You can still just get 25 of them. BAMA, historically, has never had a history of not getting theirs.

Advertisement
Back