SIAP Jimbo/Nick Saban beef

Advertisement
In reverse.

We may not be "working a case in a court of law", but the stuff that Saban said was defamatory. It just was. Now, will Jimbo and Coach Neon sue Saban? Unlikely, BUT THEY SHOULD. Which is exactly why Saban backed off and started his apology tour.

"Nitpick his language"? It's not nitpicking to point out that EVERYTHING he said for two minutes was wrong. It's nitpicking if I criticized him for ONE mistake in the middle of 99 correct things. And if Saban had said something NOT false, like "hey, Alabama boosters, did you think it was weird that so many 5-stars signed with Texas 8 & 4?", then it wouldn't have been a problem. But that's not what Saban did. He stated false things AS A FACT. He falsely claimed that there were newspaper articles that substantiated his false claims.

"Collectives"? Saban cited three schools by name. Only one (Texas A&M) utilizes a collective. Nobody has ever alleged that Barstool Sports or LifeWallet are collectives. And don't give me "de facto". Words matter here. Saban might want to retroactively claim that this was all about collectives, but his WORDS said that schools made direct payments. Saban's WORDS accused two (out of three cited) schools that are not even using collectives.

So, to sum up, Saban's words were bullsh!te LIES. And your defense of what Saban said is misguided. I'm sorry if you take that personally, but it's the truth. Don't try to use "Saban was TECHNICALLY correct". No. No, he was not.

If Saban wants to criticize collectives, STICK TO COLLECTIVES. Attack schools like UiF and UGa and Tennessee and LSU that use collectives. Not Miami and Jackson State, which do NOT use collectives.
I don't take your reply personally at all. I appreciate your reply. I'm always good with message board discussions, especially civil disagreements.

As others have posted, Saban feels threatened by NIL leveling the playing field in recruiting. He and a few other elite programs are no longer protected from claims of boosters providing improper payments and benefits. Programs unwilling or unable to break rules due to fear of the NCAA no longer have to worry. They are no longer improper. If I'm not mistaken TVD has a deal to drive a new BMW. Which is an upgrade over a Dodge Charger, IMO.

His comments were directed at Alabama boosters and supporters, telling them they need to ante up if they want to sustain the program at the level they are accustomed.

To be clear, I have no respect for what Saban has accomplished at Alabama. The program has been a rampant cheater during his tenure. Sanctioned by the NCAA and the $EC. On behalf of E$PN.

My interest in his statements regarding NIL and naming programs stops here.

F-Saban, F-Jimbo, F-the NCAA, F-the $EC, and F-E$PN.

I don't take your reply personally at all. I appreciate your reply. I'm always good with message board discussions, especially civil disagreements.

As others have posted, Saban feels threatened by NIL leveling the playing field in recruiting. He and a few other elite programs are no longer protected from claims of boosters providing improper payments and benefits. Programs unwilling or unable to break rules due to fear of the NCAA no longer have to worry. They are no longer improper. If I'm not mistaken TVD has a deal to drive a new BMW. Which is an upgrade over a Dodge Charger, IMO.

His comments were directed at Alabama boosters and supporters, telling them they need to ante up if they want to sustain the program at the level they are accustomed.

To be clear, I have no respect for what Saban has accomplished at Alabama. The program has been a rampant cheater during his tenure. Sanctioned by the NCAA and the $EC. On behalf of E$PN.

My interest in his statements regarding NIL and naming programs stops here.

F-Saban, F-Jimbo, F-the NCAA, F-the $EC, and F-E$PN.

Just to make the analysis simple...

If Saban had stopped at the 6 minute mark of his response, nobody would have had an issue. Until that point, he was accurately speaking about the impact of NIL (though he had already made false comments about the NCAA being in the position that it's in because of "litigation").

It was in the final 2 minutes of his comments that Saban went off the rails, by accusing aTm and Jackson State and Miami of things that just aren't true.

We can all be in agreement that Saban is a cheater and a hypocrite and a whiner.

Where some people seem to disagree, and incorrectly so (as there should be no disagreement), is that Saban's final two minutes of comments are demonstrably false and/or not even close to being provably true, whether it's fake "newspaper reports" or because Nick says so or the SEC Commissioner agrees or Spurrier and Finebum support him.

I have printed Saban's EXACT quotes. Not a summary of his views on NIL. Not Saban's subsequent applogies. HIS EXACT QUOTES TO THE BOOSTERS. And the final two minutes of his response are made up of lies. I'm not going to forgive/forget his 2 minutes of lies because they were preceded by 6 minutes of 90% truth.

That is all.

Even claiming a school 'signed' a player(s) is incorrect, technicality. The NIL deal is not with the school, the deal is with a third-party.

Collectives may not be legally part of the university, but if they are brokering and signing players defacto on the behalf of the school its not a stretch to claim the school signed those players. I don't care if the NIL deals does not contain language identifying a school. Show me a collective acting as an agency with players NIL deals attending multiple schools.

We all dislike Saban, and the GOAT hypocrisy of him to complain about anyone paying players. Nitpick his language, but is he wrong? Did not a unusual number of 5* players sign large NIL deals and LOIs to attend TAMU? Is the $20-30M total amount we read about fiction? Many of us assume Shermar Stewart signed with TAMU base on an NIL deal.

We're not working a case in a court of law.
He also said ā€œAlabama didnā€™t buy one playerā€ which is just as false for Bama as it is for aTm.

Just to make the analysis simple...

If Saban had stopped at the 6 minute mark of his response, nobody would have had an issue. Until that point, he was accurately speaking about the impact of NIL (though he had already made false comments about the NCAA being in the position that it's in because of "litigation").

It was in the final 2 minutes of his comments that Saban went off the rails, by accusing aTm and Jackson State and Miami of things that just aren't true.

We can all be in agreement that Saban is a cheater and a hypocrite and a whiner.

Where some people seem to disagree, and incorrectly so (as there should be no disagreement), is that Saban's final two minutes of comments are demonstrably false and/or not even close to being provably true, whether it's fake "newspaper reports" or because Nick says so or the SEC Commissioner agrees or Spurrier and Finebum support him.

I have printed Saban's EXACT quotes. Not a summary of his views on NIL. Not Saban's subsequent applogies. HIS EXACT QUOTES TO THE BOOSTERS. And the final two minutes of his response are made up of lies. I'm not going to forgive/forget his 2 minutes of lies because they were preceded by 6 minutes of 90% truth.

That is all.

Good.

Advertisement
Advertisement
As long as they donā€™t get the following TAMU should be good:

Benihana meal
Party on a yacht
Used washer/dryer

THE ABOVE LIST WILL GET YOU A 3 YEAR INVESTIGATION AND A CHARGE OF LACK OF INSTITUTIONAL CONTROL!!!
What about an abortion?

Advertisement
Back