SIAP- James Coley

Advertisement
There’s several coaches who have a far better recruiting resume, you guys just hype up Coley as a recruiter because he’s from Miami & used to Coach here.

I think you're right, but also there is another perspective to how you're right. He's also an excellent SFL recruiter because he's from here, has coached HS, college and the NFL here, and is respected here and is deeply connected.

Advertisement
There’s several coaches who have a far better recruiting resume, you guys just hype up Coley as a recruiter because he’s from Miami & used to Coach here.
Got a list in mind? Did they do it at Bama or somewhere where their skill set mattered? Where would you currently rank him as a recruiter alone?

Even if you discredit him he has to be near the top. I’m not even advocating for him. Just saying the appeal is obvious. The man can recruit SoFla with the best.

I’m sure he’s legit but UGA, A&M and FSU.

If you are a hustler and have the gift of gab being an elite recruiter isn’t that difficult at those schools during those years…esp with what he had bagging him…I mean backing.

Got a list in mind? Did they do it at Bama or somewhere where their skill set mattered? Where would you currently rank him as a recruiter alone?

Even if you discredit him he has to be near the top. I’m not even advocating for him. Just saying the appeal is obvious. The man can recruit SoFla with the best.
Corey Raymond, Larry Johnson, Zac Etheridge, Demetrice Martin, Mike Reed, Travaris Robinson, JaJuan Seider, Sean Spencer, Terry Smith, Steve Clinkscale, Perry Eliano, Junior Adams, Frank Wilson, Torrian Gray, Brian Jean-Mary, Charlie Partridge, Sonny Cumbie & about 10 others I could name.

A lot of people can recruit, you guys just only see things from a limited scope. The best recruiter in the world is winning & money; win games & offer money & you’ll be surprised how many players you can sign.

But then there’s this other group of guys who can actually recruit AND coach... A mythical bunch they are.

I mean Manny’s from Miami and used to coach here and his recruiting sucks. I get he’s not a coaching savant and that’s fine to not go that direction but I didn’t realize his capabilities on the recruiting side were a question.

Isn’t Seider the same way?

Advertisement
Corey Raymond, Larry Johnson, Zac Etheridge, Demetrice Martin, Mike Reed, Travaris Robinson, JaJuan Seider, Sean Spencer, Terry Smith, Steve Clinkscale, Perry Eliano, Junior Adams, Frank Wilson, Torrian Gray, Brian Jean-Mary, Charlie Partridge, Sonny Cumbie & about 10 others I could name.

3C71B2CF-3C6D-4177-8C6F-98C8C6C80584.gif

Advertisement
I mean Manny’s from Miami and used to coach here and his recruiting sucks. I get he’s not a coaching savant and that’s fine to not go that direction but I didn’t realize his capabilities on the recruiting side were s question.

Isn’t Seider the same way?
I never said his recruiting was in question, the point is, he’s not the only one who can recruit, Miami fans just drool over him every year.

Offer him the job as a Recruiting Coordinator if he’s this God level recruiter that doesn’t bring anything else to the table.

Otherwise, maybe find someone who can both recruit & coach, it’s not like we couldn’t use someone who actually knows how to develop & isn’t just used car salesmen. We’re not lacking in recruiting as a program, we need coaches who aren’t just sales reps, but who can also specialize in teaching their position group how to elevate their game.

If all that matters is just recruiting South FL, then fck it lets bring back Randy Shannon, he’s a terrific South FL recruiter too.

I never said his recruiting was in question, the point is, he’s not the only one who can recruit, Miami fans just drool over him every year.

Offer him the job as a Recruiting Coordinator if he’s this God level recruiter that doesn’t bring anything else to the table.

Otherwise, maybe find someone who can both recruit & coach, it’s not like we couldn’t use someone who actually knows how to develop & isn’t just used car salesmen. We’re not lacking in recruiting as a program, we need coaches who aren’t just sales reps, but who can also specialize in teaching their position group how to elevate their game.

If all that matters is just recruiting South FL, then fck it lets bring back Randy Shannon, he’s a terrific South FL recruiter too.
Im fine either way on Coley. We desperately need someone who can recruit QBs and WRs.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back