SIAP- James Coley

Advertisement
My only concerns w/ Coley is this insatiable desire to be an OC. Will he be content as a position coach & not try to leverage a past relationship to rock the boat. Also, will he bringing his laser eye w/ him?? These r ?’s I need to know.
Not sure I have a behind the scenes answer on this one, but doesn’t seem like that’s ever been his rep as a position coach elsewhere

My only concerns w/ Coley is this insatiable desire to be an OC. Will he be content as a position coach & not try to leverage a past relationship to rock the boat. Also, will he bringing his laser eye w/ him?? These r ?’s I need to know.
Being Mario's bud for years does not hurt when wheeling, dealing, and recruiting his hometown SoFla.

Advertisement
I agree with @Memnon regarding Coley.

Too many of you are drinking the kool-aid. Hopefully Mario brings in a guy that can both recruit and develop the position.
* Dawson brings in a guy. Given the reliance on QB-WR relations in Air Raid systems and Dawson's need to have some of his guys on staff to implement his offense, the WR coach should be whoever Dawson wants. If we are gonna try and stack one of the positions with a pure recruiter guy it'd be RB/TE or maybe a OWR guy if we go that route instead of TE coach.

I’m meh on coley. If they’re going to bring back old coaches I rather it be this guy…

1676591368299.jpeg

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement

I kind of feel like he's let that go. I can't remember him campaigning for that for a long time, and by taking a job at TAMU he was essentially resigning himself to not calling plays.

He may have gone to FSU way back when, but he's from Miami, and has coached at two different Miami HS programs, UM, and for the Dolphins. He's a professional SEC recruiter who still has that work ethic and a solid football coach at the highest levels. There is a reason he get promoted everywhere he goes, because no one wants to lose him. Would love him at TE and on the trail for us. Him and Mario tag teaming top recruits, oh man.

Screenshot 2023-02-16 at 8.25.23 PM.png

Advertisement
Back