SIAP: Coach! Kuligowski Promoted to Assistant Head Coach!

I love the move but I also like to see Manny Diaz title and capacity upgraded too at some point. I love how he loves Miami's tradition and culture, his demeanor, communication skills and great energy. I hate to lose him early.

Advertisement
Another strong year and Diaz is gone. Top coordinators are making $1.8,1.9 million now. Not sure Miami would approach that number. He'll also have head coaching opportunities.

I don't see him leaving UM for another college DC position.
No chance. His next move will be to HC.

Kool has made it clear he wants to be a DC so it'll be interesting to see if Rick promotes Kool to DC if Diaz gets a HC gig.

when

In a interview i think after he was hired here. He was asked about being a DC and he said he would like to do it but wont just take any job.

[video=youtube_share;r4zymhA_Jek]https://youtu.be/r4zymhA_Jek[/video]

Advertisement
Don't read too much into the Asst. HC title, it's a mere excuse to pay him more. That's all. Diaz is still his direct supervisor, and I'm willing to bet that their working relationship hasn't changed one bit.

I love the move but I also like to see Manny Diaz title and capacity upgraded too at some point. I love how he loves Miami's tradition and culture, his demeanor, communication skills and great energy. I hate to lose him early.

He's the DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR, that's as high as it gets, unless he gets the HC job down the line.

Wouldn't be mad at all to see Kool be the DC/Slime coach when Manny takes a HC position. But he is home so it would have to be a **** of an opportunity

Advertisement

Just do not see Diaz leaving for a couple more years of putting together solid defenses. CMR took a bit of a chance on him, but worked great this past year. Look at his previous experience pretty shaky in a couple places.

He's the DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR, that's as high as it gets, unless he gets the HC job down the line.

??
To me, you seem to contradict yourself in the same sentence lol

Folks, don't forget that CMR hired Kool (DLine Coach) before he hired Diaz (DC). Richt and Kool will be attached to the hip for a while.

CMR understands that to be competitive in this new-look ACC, he's gonna have to have an old-school Miami Defensive Line to remain remotely competitive.

CMR is trying to rebuild his 2012 Georgia team and that team had a very stout Front 7.

Advertisement
Definitely deserved. But what does the associates head coach even do? Is it anything more than a symbolic title.

Advertisement
Definitely deserved. But what does the associates head coach even do? Is it anything more than a symbolic title.

It's a pay raise.
Look at many of the top-10 type of programs, and they have many coaches with that sort of title in addition to their coordinators.

Thought he already had that title to lure him from Mizzou. Assistant HC, Associate HC, HC in waiting --- these titles are worse than you find in banking. Everyone, including the janitor, is a VP.

Advertisement
Back